"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my U.S. friends!
I hope you all enjoy your time with your loved ones and give thanks for the day around you and the people you share it with.

I have a quick card that I made and wanted to share it with you just for today.  Since I'm making some Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake for our family Thanksgiving dinner, this might be an appropriate time to break out this set:
I just love these meeces to pieces!! :)  LOL!  I had bought this set a while back and was just waiting to use it for this Holiday!  This is the Lawn Fawn set called "Thankful Mice" and the coordinating dies that go with it.

I have used the LF Woodgrain Backdrops for the background behind the mice.  I thought this would make a nice little table for them to have their cheese feast.  LOL!  I have the mice and the cheese colored with my Copic markers with added touches from the gold, white and black gel pens.  I stamped the tiny heart from the stamp set with gold ink above the cheese.  The cheese was popped up with a foam square.  For the leaves, I die cut a couple from the LF Small Stitched Leaves with kraft card stock and blended some distress inks over them.  I wrapped some natural twine around the scalloped and wood grain panel and then popped up the leaves over it with a foam square and then made a bow to glue over the leaves.  I then brushed the leaves with some Wink of Stella glitter pen.

For the scalloped edge, I used the LF Scalloped rectangle stackables to cut off the ends of one die cut piece from white card stock and attached it to the back of the wood grain panel.  I also cut a piece of the LF Lemon Line Dance paper from the LF Small Dotted Rectangle Stackables die.  I attached this to an A2 sized side folding kraft card base.    Lastly, I used some black ink to stamp the sentiment at  the bottom.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can see the Wink of Stella shimmer over the leaves as well as the piece of cheese.  You can also see the gold stamped hearts and the gold buckle detail of the pilgrim hat.

I hope whatever your plans are, that you have a great day!
Thanks so much for stopping in and I'll see you next week as I spend some time with family!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawnscaping Challenges - Give Thanks

2.  {Cupcake Inspirations} CIC385 - Thanks

3.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes

4.  Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + sentiment

41 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Vicki. A beautiful card you are sharing today. Love the cute pilgrim mice.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Happy Thanksgiving Vicki...love your little mice...great card!
xxx Margreet

Bobby said...

All your beautiful papers and die cuts are a wonderful way to show off those darling little mice, Vicki. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More this week.

Fiki said...

super cute card!
Happy Thanksgiving

Lori Kobular said...

What an adorable Thanksgiving card! Love those pilgrim mice! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chrissy said...

Aww..they are little cuties Vicki and love the leaves tied with string...such a neat design..Happy Thanksgiving..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Oh Vicki, this is such a gorgeous card. Sweet little characters, lovely layout and fab paper too...perfect xx

Babs Watson said...

Hi Vicki I love this, and your cute little characters, and your gorgeously design , love the wood effect too.
Happy thanks giving to you..

Hugs Babs x

cm said...

Happy Thanksgiving, wonderful Vicki! We had ours way back in October, but I'm still planning to indulge in a yummy pumpkin something today in honour of your celebration! Your meeses...oh my stars! Absolutely adorable! They're sure to enjoy their feast of cheese! Hope your day is filled with joy and love!
Hugs~c

Pri Created said...

Super cute...Happy Thanksgiving Vicki..!!

Patti J said...

Cuteness! Those mice make me smile, and love that wee cheese! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Debra K. said...

What a cute card Vicki! I love those little mice. A lovely card design you've created. I'm still thinking about that cheesecake :D. You've started my morning with a smile. Thanks Vicki :). Debra x

Nonni said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Vicki! This is a holiday we don't celebrate in Finland but it sounds lovely. So does your dessert by the way! :) This card is sooo cute, love those mice and the woodgrain bg is perfect for them.

Shelly said...

Adorable, Vicki! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Happy Friday! Hugs

Sue said...

Awwww such cute images and your design is fabulous.
hugs, Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute stamps and great woodgrain background
Carol x

CupcakeInspirations said...

Wonderful card! Just love those darling mice! So glad you were inspired by this week's Thanks challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ek Gorman said...

Your use of our ‘thanks’ theme is absolutely stunning. Wonderful job this week. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the combo of the yellow with the kraft, they work so well together

Deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki, love how those little leaves shimmer and the mice are adorable! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! hugs Debxx

Elle Kay said...

This is a beautiful card, with beautiful colouring, and some great added touches! Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sweet, sweet card, Vicki! Even those with little have much to be thankful for!! Hope your Thanksgiving was FABULOUS!!

Pia S said...

Oh look at these cute mice dancing on the table! The wood also adds a homey feel. The glittered up leaves look beautiful. A sweet design!

Sue said...

This is so cute and fun, Vicki. I love the sweet little mice.

Karen Howard said...

Ahhh, this is super cute!

I'm a fellow stamper who makes blank general and thank you pet themed handmade cards and donates them to animal shelters and rescue groups for them to write messages of gratitude. I've recently started a new blog, Sending Paw Prints, for this purpose. If you have a stash of pet themed cards or are interested in making some to donate I hope you will think of Sending Paw Prints.

www.sendingpawprints.blogspot.com

Thank you!
Karen Howard

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! Love the little images!!! You make the cutest cards! Hugz

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is fantastic and wonderful.. Love it

On the 4th Sundays till christmas you can win something be me on the blog

Hugs
Anja

Diane said...

Greetings Vicki, those mice are just so adorable. Love the wood grain paper, scallop edging and yellow striped paper.

Hugs Diane

Donna Ellis said...

Darling little pilgrims, Vicki! And such happiness sharing their cheese. Your shiny leaves are adorable - everything about your card reminds us "be grateful" I wish we could have a spring time Thanksgiving as well because it is always a great seasonal reminder! Hope your week is a good one! I always enjoy hearing about your classes and the new things you're learning. hugs, de

Asha said...

Oh my word!!! How cute is this card. And the little sprig of fall leaves is just perfect for the occasion. Thank you for being my friend!
hugs, Asha

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh dear me- how adorable!!! I love these stamps and love what you have done with them! From the mice sharing their cheese to the leaves you added to the adorable layout. Delightful! Hoping you had a fab Thanksgiving : ) Mom spent Thanksgiving in the hospital, and I stayed with her 24/7. We did have a Thanksgiving the Sunday before the actual holiday, Mom was in the hospital on the actual day. The hospital had free food for the visitors on the holiday, so Mom and I were able to enjoy. Your pie sounds delicious!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and beautiful coloured card, love this one. Some have mentioned the new name on my blog header and I am not sure what you are talking about, it's been like this for 'yonks' lol...unless blogger has changed that too...xx {aNNie}

laurie said...

Cute as can be! I love those lil mice! That pumpkin cheesecake sounds delish too!Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

MaryH said...

Totally fun & delightful! I love these tiny Pilgrim Meece-ies and had forgotten that I had them! Love the kraft background and the border strip that anchors these cuties! Appreciate all your recent visits and leaving kind comments! Hope you're having a good week. TFS & Hugs

Jerrie said...

This card makes me giggle! It is so adorable and fun!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such a cute and adorable Thank You card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Lola said...

Oh my goodness, these little mice are SOOOOO cute! Perfect layout and colors too. Adorable!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

What a sweet card :-) Background board fits the small hungry mice :-)
Hugs,
BozenA

Donna said...

Just adorable!

Monika Reeck said...

hiyaaa cuute ever!!!
I love that heart in gold and lovely thread and leaves
all on this card is cute and adorable
LOVE LOVE LOVE much Vicki this is the cutest one I have seen today
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...