"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Anything Goes at Cute Card Thursday - Blue Christmas

Hey friends!
I know you're all busy making preparations for your holidays, but I wanted to pop in here real quick to share a new challenge up over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week's challenge is an easy peasy Anything Goes!
(We can't wait to see your creations!)

Although we could make anything, I decided on making another Christmas card since I was already in the Christmas mood!  This will get me a head start for next year!

Here's what I came up with:
Yes, it's a penguin and it's also a LF card too! :)
The reason I made this particular card is because I saw that the Lawnscaping Challenge blog is now closing down.  This is their last challenge.  I was very sad to hear that because I usually looked forward to playing along in their challenges and I will really miss that.

Anyway, the the theme of the challenge is "Christmas/Holidays" and since I was sad about the news, I thought I would make it a BLUE Christmas theme.  LOL!

For my card, I started out with a piece of watercolor paper and then took the snowflake images from the LF Critters in the Snow stamp set and heat embossed them with clear EP all over the paper.  I then brushed some blue Gansi Tambi watercolor over the top of them.  Since they were embossed, the watercolor resisted the snowflakes.  I then took my brush loaded with a darker blue watercolor and made some splatters with it.  I then cut the piece out with he LF Stitched Rectangle die.

To make the snow hills, I took some silver glitter paper and white card stock to cut out a piece with the same stitched rectangle die that I used to cut out the background piece.  I then took the LF Stitched Hillside Border die to cut out both pieces where I wanted my snow banks.  I took the LF Winter Scripty Sayings and stamped it along the bottom of the white snow bank.

I stamped and colored the images from the stamp set and cut them out with the coordinating dies and attached them onto the snow banks.  I arranged the penguin between the white and silver hills.  The images were both colored with Copic markers.  I added some silver and snowflake sequins to the background and dotted each of them with some silver Nuvo Crystal drops.

Finished the card by layering the panel onto some craft foam and attaching that to an A2 sized white side folding card base.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
You can now see all of the sparkle on this card.
I have covered the igloo with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.  You can also see the silver glitter in the centers of the sequins.

Hope you'll stop by and see what the rest of the DT has come up with for this challenge and that you'll link up your project too!

----------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.  For those of you who are interested in my Christmas baking adventures, I have FINALLY made my very last batch of cookies! Yay!  They're all sorted out and have already started to begin their deliveries to people now.  (To have a look at all of my other baked items, check out the post below this one...there is lots of it!)

The last batch of cookies was the Monster Cookies requested by my dad.  These are not for the "faint of heart" nibblers for sure!  LOL!  Like I mentioned in my last post, it takes 12 eggs, 1 lb. of butter, 3 lbs of peanut butter, 2 lbs of brown sugar,etc.  In order to mix the batter, I must use a large roasting pan to fit it all in.  Also, you need to use an ice cream scoop to put the cookies on the cookie sheets.  Obviously, they are Monster Cookies, so they're large and you can only get 4 cookies per sheet.  It takes quite a while to bake and the recipe makes SO many cookies...here's the results:
I have them spread out on an eight foot table in my dining room.  I think it made something like over 100 of them!  I think dad will have to freeze a big bag of them for later munching! LOL!
Here's a closer look at the cookies:
It's basically like an oatmeal type of cookie with peanut butter, M&Ms and chocolate chips.
I think one cookie could probably satisfy for a small meal! LOL!

I have a little project that I need to make for Christmas, so I may share that later if I have time before Christmas.

Thanks so much for dropping in today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawnscaping Challenge - Christmas
(last challenge :(  Sorry to see you go!)

2.  Crafty Friends - Sparkle

3.  Crafty Creations - Any Holiday

4.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle

5.  Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

40 comments:

Debra K. said...

What a cute card! Gorgeous background and glitter and sparkly, lovely :).
Mmmm, yummy cookies. My mouth is watering just looking at them. Your dad is a very lucky to have a daughter who bakes such fabulous goodies. I want one!! (stamping foot on floor :D) Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Goodness, you are the cookie Queen and they look oh so yummy. A cuppa and a cookie will do me just fine. Thank you. Love your gorgeous card, so cute.xx

Margreet said...

Love your gorgeous card with the nice glitter! Wow, your cookies look so yummy...your father will be glad with you!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

that's alotta cookies!

merry, merry christmas to you and yours!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and adore the penguin. You have been busy, that is a lot of cookies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Love your adorable penguin and his igloo home! The sky turned out gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you Vicki!!

Donna Ellis said...

Your dad will be delighted with this monster of a gift, Vicki! Will you put each cookie in its own baggie, and then place them inside freezer containers/baggies so he can just whip out a cookie and leave the rest secure for future use? LOL What a thoughtful gift - and YES, so time consuming if only 4 cookies to a sheet! Like you, I prefer to use something healthy in cookies, so often use oatmeal, nuts and raisins! Your sparkly pengie card is darling and beautiful, Vicki. Just a brief not to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, and to thank you for your on-line friendship. I hope that 2017 is especially good to you, and that the promise of new beginnings creates wonderful journeys! hugs, de

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Oh Vicki... your card with the penguin is so sweet... love it
And so sweety Cookies.... yam yam
Hugs Anja

Jennifer Bradley said...

Super card Vicki, love the scene and how you have created the background and such a super cute penguin.Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and adorable card Vicki!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Carol L said...

YOur card is just adorable with that sweet penguin and his glittered igloo! I love the snowflake sky with those sequins too! I must say that is a MARATHON of cookie baking and I bet those cookies are delicious too! Merry Christmas!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cute card - I especially like that sparkly igloo! and those cookies - my mouth is watering!!!! Save one for me, pleeeeeease!

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute! Merry Christmas!

Heidi Stamps said...

Your card is so cute, I love the sparkle!
That is a cookie I have never heard of, but I bet it isn't so hard to just have one if they are that big!

Merry Christmas!

NanaConnie said...

Adorable card, Vicki, and fabulous cookies! One of those would feed me over a three day period just to balance out the carbohydrate levels. Holiday desserts (and being forced to avoid them) is the one big disappointment in now having diabetes. Sigh...

nwilliams6 said...

Your card is super cute! You make the cutest cards!!! They always make me smile. YOur cookies stole the show though - what a great idea! Who wouldn't want a giant cookie with all that fun stuff in it!!! Fun stuff. Merry Christmas my sweet friend!!!

Fiki said...

wonderful card!
and cookies are yummy!

Merry Christmas!
hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the cute little penguin. Those cookies look yummy.

Chrissy said...

What a gorgoeus card Vicki..love the sparkle on the ogloo and the cute little penguin with his embossed snowflakes and sequins..so cute and adorable..and look at all those cookies..YUM!!

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy,safe and healthy New Year 2017..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

A fabulous card and yummy looking cookies!
Sending you best wishes for a Happy Christmas.
hugs Sue xx

Lin said...

Those cookies look delicious! And I love your card! The swash of silver along with the sequins makes a lovely sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Vicki... it’s so nice to see you have joined us again with another one of your fabulous cards. Super cute image and great colouring of the little penguin. Thank you for entering your card into our ‘Sparkle’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon. We would also like to wish you ‘Merry Christmas’ too.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Donna said...

Fabulous scene and more delicious looking cookies!

Lola said...

Adorable card (i love penguins) and scene you've created. And those cookies sound delish!

MaryH said...

These adorable LF penguins always make me smile! Love the w/c background with the falling snowflakes, and clever way to make the snow hills so sparkle-ing. It's a wonderful design layout using some fab icy colors! TFS & Merry Christmas. Bet you're happy to be done with all the baking! Hugs.

Nicole Hascoet said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You are the first visitor! Have a merry Christmas! Hugs xx

Monika Reeck said...

Hmm looks yummyy Vicki may I try one please send me onr pleseee
I love that coloring your Iglo
the snowflakes in white looks so white and the pingu hihi cuuuute with cheek in pink and white cute cute
love your cute card
try to catch up now annnnd
MERRY CHRISTMAS my sweet friend thanks for the comment ont Christmas day to my christmas card you are such a gem you are a sprakle you makes me feel happy on this day Vicki
hugs hugs
Monika

crafty-stamper said...

mmmm those cookies look sooo delicious-it's a shame there are quite a few challeng blogs closing-one stitch at a time is another!Love the cute image and sparkle and great watercolour sky
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas Dinner and had a lovely Christmas Day. Wishing the best in the new year.xx {aNNie}

MiamiKel said...

Oh dear me, I think I gained 20 pounds just looking at those delicious cookies! LOL!
Vicki, Merry christmas to you, sweet friend! I hope today was filled with joy and wonderment!
Your card is just stunning - I stared at the igloo for forever! It twinkles and glows with perfection, as the whole card - I did not know the challenge was closing down, that is sad :(
Here's to 2017! Hugs!

Pia S said...

This is super sweet. I really like how you designed that sky, magical! Also impressed you managed to make 12 cards out of the same kit in your previous post. I'll need more than 60 Christmas cards next year s d I think this making one by one strategy won't work any more, so maybe I should make my own little kit and spend a weekend using it:)
I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while, both mojo and time was lacking... I had a lovely Christmas celebration, my sister's three boys all had chickenpox but they all behaved really well and were so excited by Santa's visit and all the presents. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Mac Mable said...

Loving the cookies and your ever so cute card x Hope you and your family had a lovely and peaceful Christmas and here's to a healthy, happy and crafty 2017 x

Judy V said...

Cute card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Diane said...

What a super sweet design Vicki with the lovely glittery igloo. Oh your cookies look so yummy.

Merry Christmas

Hugs Diane

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Such a sweet card! I love prokatowy hill, it makes the land is very frozen :-)
I had a peaceful Christmas, but they were very sad. I hope you had fun himself better.
hugs,
BozenA

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Awww... such acute card..love the sparkles and watercolor background..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.. Wish you a great year ahead!! Hugs Deepti

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is super sweet! Thank You so much for playing along with us for our last challenge! Hugs, Karin
https://www.instagram.com/peppermintpatty42/

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki, the snowflake background is stunning and I love this little penguin he's so cute! Fantastic looking cookies too...not surprised they were popular they look scrummy! Donna ♥ x

Dawn Frost said...

OMG my dad and husband would LOVE those cookies!! I went out shopping one day and my husband made monster cookies with the kids... 4 cookies per sheet! Yup they were large, lol! Awesome cards and cookies!

Patti J said...

Cutest card EVER! Love this! Playing catch-up today, so you may feel you're being stalked before I'm finished :) Hugs, dear friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...