"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Anything Goes for Cute Card Thursday - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hello friends!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We sure had a great time and I think the cookies were a great hit with everyone! LOL!  Got some gift cards and money to spend, so of course I'm looking forward to doing that too!

I'm swinging by today to share with you a new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week it's an easy ANYTHING GOES!  Just show us what you're working on!
(We can't wait to see your creations!)

Here's what I decided to make for the challenge:
I thought this would be a good time to pull out some My Favorite Things products for a fun New Year's shaker card.

I've used the Stitched Numbers Die-namics to cut the 2017 on the MFT Grout Gray card stock.  I used some acetate behind it and added some gold sequins and silver star sequins for inside as well as a few of them on the outside panel.  I've also die cut the MFT hello die with silver foil card stock and attached it above the numbers.  I used my white gel pen to make some stitch lines.

For the banner, I used the Jumbo Fishtail Banner die-namics and cut one out from MFT Peach Bellini card stock and attached that behind my shaker panel.

For the background, I've heat embossed the Transparent Triangles background stamp with clear EP over a piece of white card stock.  I then used the MFT Summer Splash and MFT Tropical Teal inks and used my ink blending tool to sponge in the colors over the heat embossed background.  All of this was layered onto an A2 sized white top folding card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I think the colors worked out really well for this design, so I'm glad that I decided to stick with it!
I've never used both silver and gold on a card before, but I think it works especially for an occasion like this one! :)  I've dotted the sequins with some Nuvo Crystal drops in silver and gold.

Be sure to stop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog to check out what the rest of the design team has come up with and enter your project! :)

*******************************************************************
If you follow along with me on Facebook, then you've probably already seen my exciting news, but if you haven't, I'm VERY excited to be joining the CAS STAMPlorations challenges as a guest designer in January 2017 for three months!!  I do hope that you will stop by and check them out if you aren't familiar with their products!  So please be sure to check back for my creations in January!

That's it for 2016 on this blog!!
I thank you so much for your wonderful time that you've spent with me here and I really look forward to much fun & creativity in the New Year!

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and productive 
New Year!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

38 comments:

Margreet said...

Hi Vicki...what a gorgeous card! Such a great idea to make a shaker card with the numbers and I love the silver and gold together.
Congrats on being a guest designer and I wish you good luck and great fun!
For 2017 I wish you a spectacular year and I hope we will see us on blogs many times!
xxx Margreet

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card, love the layers and colours used, looks brilliant. Congratulations on your 3 month stint, cant wait to see what you do.

Fiki said...

very beautiful card!
Shaker cards are my favorite!
Happy New Year!
hugs

LeAnne said...

VERY cool card...I love the silver and gold together, but to add the shaker kicks it up a few more notches!!!

Nonni said...

Very beautiful card, I love your use of these colors and all the dies. Congrats on your STAMPlorations gig, great news! Happy New Year!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the beautiful design. Wishing you all the best for 2017.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Danni said...

Super fun shaker card!! Happy 2017!!

Mac Mable said...

What a classy shaker card. Love all the elements too x

Donna said...

What a stunning shaker card Vicki and congrats on your guest designer spot, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create! Happy New Year!

Patti J said...

Incredible card! Love every little thing about it! Congrats on your guest spot, my friend!

Carol L said...

THis is the coolest shaker card, and I love the silver and gold sprinkles with the silver sentiment! Great colors for a great celebration card! Have a very happy and healthy new year in 2017!

Lola said...

Great shaker for sure! Congrats on your GDT spot.

nwilliams6 said...

Love this card! What a great design for a New Year's card. Wonderful shaker too. Fun, fun, fun. I did get spoiled at Christmas - hope you did too. I wish us both wonderful 2017s! Hugz

Heidi Stamps said...

Your card is so festive feeling with all those metallics and the shaker element. I love the peach and teal together too!

Many congrats on your guest designer spot! I am not sure if I am familiar with that challenge site. Will check it out!

Diane said...

My gosh Vicki, what a beautiful shaker card design.

Best of the New Year

Diane

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant shaker card love the gold sequins-congrats on your GD spot and best wishes for the New Year
Carol x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous shaker card Vicki! I love all of the shimmer and the fabulous design! Congrats on your GDT spot too! Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Hugs, Tammy

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW - this is so elegant! Great way to shake in the New Year! Happy New Year to you, Vicki!

Shelly said...

FABULOUS card, Vicki!
Have a Happy New Year!! Wish you nothing but the best in 2017! Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what an amazing card! I LOVE this fabulous new year's card and especially that you made it a shaker card! Love that you can shake up "2017" so much. What fun! Well, my sweet friend, I am so blessed to have gotten to know you this year, and I look forward to seeing more and more of your beautiful and amazing work!! Hugs and love! xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous designed card and wishing you A hAPPy New Year...xx{aNNie}

Brenda in IN said...

I just saw your cute tag on the Lawn Fawn blog and wanted to say hello. I love Lawn Fawn and your tag caught my eye. Happy New Year and happy crafting to you!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, what a great card to usher in the New Year! I love the sequins behind the numbers and the gold you used! Happy 2017!!

Lori Kobular said...

Sorry I am getting around to commenting so late, but we were away for a few days and I am just getting to it now! Love your 2017 shaker card! It really is gorgeous!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. The shaker is so fun.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hello Vicki...your card for the new year is wonderful.. Like it.
Thanks for your whole inspiration in the old year and thanks for your lovely words on my blog..

Happy New Year
Anja

bumblebee creations said...

What a gorgeous card,Vicky!! I love that you used silver and gold....looks so festive together! Wishing you the Happiest New Year!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is fantastic I love the brilliant shiny design and the shaker card element is ACE, I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year
hugs
lorraine x

Heather said...

Fabulous shaker card. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, a great way to kick of 2017 on your blog and I love the shaker style design it looks ace! Happy New Year to you and your family! Donna ♥ x

Mandy said...

Wonderful shaker card Vicki! The shine is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge & Happy New Year!
Mandy xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this pretty card with the fun shaped shakers and the metallic die cut. Congrats on your GDT and know they will love your projects!
Happy New Year : )

Andrea, said...

Great card Vicki, love how you have used the 2017 as a shaker element. Happy New Year x

Pia S said...

Peach is a lovely color and I love how fresh and modern it looks with turquoise here. Fun shaker detailing with sparkle and shine for a New Years party feel.
Best wishes for the new year!

Dawn Frost said...

I really like how the hello is a bit off the front and the gold and silver sequins!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great use of shiny elements. The numbers shaker filled with silver sequins beautifully balanced sentiment. The card is perfectly balanced. The colors, though for me unusual, create a wonderful harmony :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Babs Watson said...

I just love this new year shaker card, fab colours and a great design Love it..happy New Year to You

Hugs Babs x

Monika Reeck said...

adorable used that color combo Vicki
anddd I love the shaker
the blue and pink here so sweeeet on your card
Happy new year even too late my friend
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...