"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Be Merry Feminine Tag

Happy weekend friends!
Yes, I'm still fighting and trying to push through my baking.  I will need to take a small break though because I need to do a bit of shopping with Mr. Claus! :)

I needed to get this tag posted because I'm stopping in again at the last possible hours of the challenge to get it in. Story of this Season for me!  I am hoping to get some RELAX time tomorrow afternoon and heat up the kitchen with more baking.  It's supposed to be VERY cold tomorrow in our area.  It's supposed to be a high of 1 degree with a low of -10 degrees that night. Brrr!  Sounds like a good night for cookies and hot cocoa!! :)  Someone had asked me what candy and/or cookies I was making and I have a list...some trying for the first time and other are family favorites.  I will hopefully have a photo of things next week to share what I've got!

So for now, here is a feminine Christmas tag I made:
I think Lawn Fawn images are perfect to use for Christmas because you can't help but smile when you see something and I can always spot a creation with them! :)

Besides the doxie images they have, my next favorite of theirs is the penguin images.  This one comes from their latest Snow Cool set.  I actually made this tag for the annual 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist by Ellen Hutson (see below) and I had to follow a challenge theme day to make my tag for.  I chose Day 6 where you were to use purple and grey colors.

So I started off by getting out the LF Tag, You're It die set and cut a piece of the plaid papers from the LF Perfectly Plaid Winter Paper Pack.  I cut another piece with gray colored card stock and then again with a white piece of card stock.  I cut the purple tag reinforcer with some LF Sugarplum card stock.

For the plaid tag, I stamped some grey snowflakes in the background.  For the grey tag I cut out, I took the LF Stitched Mountain Borders to cut it off where I wanted it and attached it over the plaid tag background.  The snow caps were cut out with white card stock and glued to the top of the grey mountains.  I also used the white tag I cut out and cut out a small snow bank for the penguin with the LF Stitched Hillside Borders.  I used the portion without the stitching on it to match the tag design.  I then took some LF Sugarplum Ink and stamped the sentiment on the bottom using the LF Scripty Winter Sayings and attached it over the grey mountain tag border.

Lastly, I stamped, colored with Copics the penguin using the grey and purple colors in mind.  I also took the bow tie from the Snow Cool stamp set and colored that in purple and added some white dots with my gel pen and fussy cut it out and glued it on the penguin's head to make a bow.  I've also used my Copic liner pen to draw some eyelashes on her.  I would normally color the beak and feet with yellow/orange color, but I wanted to keep with the grey colors.  I used the coordinating dies for this set to cut out the penguin and popped her up over the sentiment snow bank.

Lastly, I added some LF Silver Sparkle Cord to the top of the tag and then glued some silver sequins on the plaid tag background.  I used some silver Nuvo Crystal drops for the centers of each one.  I also brushed the snow caps with some Wink of Stella clear glitter.

I'm sure that I will have someone special to tie this on a gift for! :)

Thanks so much for dropping in and I love reading your comments too! :)
Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm unless you're sunbathing somewhere warm...then I'm jealous!! LOL!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist - Day 6 colors

2.  Shopping Our Stash (SOS282) - Tag, You're It!

3.  Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

4.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

5.  The ABC Challenge - 'V' is for Varied (anything goes)

34 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Vicki, this is just so cute and I adore the cute penguin.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

Yep!..she made me smile Vicki..what a little cutie with her blushing cheeks and ear muffs...adorable tag.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

I agree - you cannot miss with a cute Lawn Fawn image, and this tag is beyond adorable! I love the sequin accents along with her little polka dot bow! Happy baking :)

Margreet said...

Adorable tag...those Lawn Fawn images are too cute!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

Darling tag, I like that you used purple and the sequins add a special touch to you adorably colored penguin!

Sarah said...

This is a wonderful, tag Vicki, a delightful little penguin and the colours are gorgeous. Keep warm my friend xx

Lozzy T said...

Beautiful tag Vicki, so sweet and pretty...Hugs Lozzy xx
thank you for joining us at A Bit More Time To Craft..good luck in draw and wishing you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx

laurie said...

Cute tag Vicki! Fun and festive for the holidays!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute little penguin with her headphones and great background--there are lots of penguins about this year and that is one type of image I don't have
Carol x

Diane said...

What an adorable tag design Vicki.

Hugs diane

Lori Kobular said...

Oh that penguin is so cute and I love the purple and gray together!! Great tag!

Patti J said...

So sweet!!! Thanks for sharing!

MaryH said...

Totally agree with your comment about LF's cute images. And you've done a terrific tag with this little snow gal. Love the way you have placed him with the snow hill and the snowcapped mountains behind him. The subtle snowflake dp is a perfect background behind all of this. Also liking the script sentiment too. Every gal penguin loves purple, and it shows so nicely with the gray & whites! TFS & Merry Christmas.

Pri Created said...

Awwww...this is adorable.....I hope you got your shopping done...stay warm..!!

Rhonda Miller said...

This tag is so cute. I love the adorable penguin.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabby tag here with that cute penguin.xx{aNNie}

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yep, those Lawn Fawn images do put a smile on my face! Darling tag! Oh my, I have not baked a thing this year- we are going out of town, and if there is something here, I will eat it....LOL Hope you get it all done!

Debra K. said...

Just too cute Vicki! I love the colour combination. Wonderful colouring and design. Her spotty bow is so sweet. I love Lawn Fawn but haven't had chance to use my Christmas stamps this year so they'll get an outing next year. Good luck with the challenges. If you have too many cookies you can send some to me :D! Debra x

coldwaters2 said...

Love this fabulous tag Vicki such a cute, adorable little Penguin, lovely papers and dies you have used I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Heidi Stamps said...

The penguins little rosy cheeks with that white highlight are just perfectly cute! I really love your tag!!

Good luck with your baking. I have done some, but it was specifically for certain parties, so I will still need to do a little for at home. It will be fun to see what you are making.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a precious, girly tag, Vicki! I love the purple and gray color scheme!

Fiki said...

very cute tag!
Happy Holidays!
hugs

Mimi said...

Sooo cute! Ooh, I just want to give this penguin a little squeeze! Thanks for sharing with us again at SOS!

Aileen Ryan said...

Super cute tag Vicki, love the little bow on the penguin.

CaroleAnn said...

A very cute tag and those penguins are adorable! Sure hope they save the tag from the gift - a treasure piece for sure. I am looking forward to pictures of your baking. I start mine this week too - one more Mrs. Claus trip tomorrow and then on to finishing sending out cards, baking and wrapping!!! LOL Big Hugs and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with many blessings to you and yours!!

Davi said...

VICKI, THIS IS THE CUTEST TAG! I love the sweet scene you created especially the plaid sky :)

Andrea, said...

Great tag Vicki, I love these cute little penguins. I like how you have used the papers

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your TAG is amazing and so wonderful...
Hugs Anja

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Vicki: Well, this is one adorable tag and your sweet little penguin, over the top cute.
Love the colors and all the bling, awesome mountain die in the background.
Thank you for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come and play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez. DT

Tammy said...

Aww this tag is so cute Vicki! I love that little penguin and the beautiful purple and grey colors! I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas!
Big hugs, Tammy

Rae Ann said...

This is just the sweetest! Love the grey and purple combo and that plaid background is so awesome!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Nicole Hascoet said...

Such a cute tag! Love the co!ours.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Such a cute penguin! I love the subdued colors of this tag. Great, not only for girls !!
Hugs,
BożenA

Monika Reeck said...

yaayy cuuuteee PINGU
and in purple too our fav color right
love the hill the snow on the hill and the grey and purple
sweeet TAG I love this Vicki!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...