"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, December 16, 2016

It's a COFFEE Kind of Christmas...

Hello friends...I'm back again!
As I had mentioned in my post earlier today, I had more to share with you!
Please check out my post below if you've missed it.

I couldn't let the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop end without joining and there is only a couple of hours left, so there's no better time than at the last minute, right?!  :)  Here are a couple of cards that I made:
I have lots of red and green going on here which really put me in the festive mood!
I just love the fun coffee themed products from STAMPlorations...they have many to choose from, so check them out (in the link above) if you haven't already!  I've used some of those and combined them with some other products they have to make it Christmas themed.

For the first card on the left,:
I was inspired by the current STAMPlorations sketch challenge (see below) for this card and I thought it would be fun to combine it with the awesome FREEBIE that Shery created just for this hop!  Thank you!  I've already seen many people using it in such creative ways!

For the bottom portion of my card, I've used the Holly Background ARTplorations stencil and sponged over it with red and green ink.  I've also taken a green marker to outline the holly leaves. I then took a sponge dauber filled with green ink and went over the holly leaves for a glow around them and to give some more color.  I wanted to add a bit more detail, so I took the holly leaf image from the STAMPlorations Christmas Bell Medley set and stamped it with gold ink in various open spaces at the bottom.  (This is was all done on an A2 sized top folding white card base.)

I took another piece of white card stock and cut a curvy border so that the bottom of the stenciled area showed and attached it over top of the card base.  I added some dotted lines with a marker and stamped a Christmas sentiment at the top right corner from the STAMPloratons Caffeinated Christmas stamp set. (perfect for this blog hop!)  I took a Copic marker to add some shadow around the "coffee" word.

Lastly, I took this awesome FREEBIE image, printed it out and colored it in with my Copics.  I decided to fussy cut it out and pop it up over the curved area on the card to make it look like it's going through a snow hill.  Here's a closer look at the image details:
So although most of it is colored with red and green, I did make the "travel mug" black in color with some silver metal parts using a silver gel pen.  I also took a gold gel pen to color in the ribbon on the present as well as adding some dots to the "to go" cup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my second card:
This one was super fun to put together!
I kept envisioning a coffee cup Christmas tree topper, so here's how it turned out.

I took the Christmas Trees ARTplorations stencil and used distress inks in various green colors to give the tree a gradient colored look.  I then took the coffee cup from the STAMPlorations Sketchy Coffee Cups stamp set , inked it up and colored it in with Copic markers and fussy cut it out to pop up over the tree.

I then took the STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders: Christmas & New Year stamp set and embossed the greetings over the tree with gold EP.  Lastly, I cut out the "coffee" sentiment in gold card stock with the STAMPlorations Coffee Word die and glued it in the center of the tree.  I added some red sequins and took some red Stickles to add to the centers of each one.

I attached this panel onto a red piece of card stock and then added it to a top folding white A2 sized card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here, you can see where I've taken my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to added some shimmer to the inside of the coffee cup on top.  You can also see the gold embossing of the sentiment and shine from the gold die cut "coffee".

I think there may be someone that I can send one of these cards out to and still reach them in time...so I may just pop one of them in the mail!! :)

Thanks so much for dropping by today and checking out my posts! 
I do hope you're enjoying them and getting inspired!

I will have yet another post to share with you tomorrow before another challenge ends on me!
Have a great night...I'm back to baking! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

38 comments:

Shery @ STAMPlorations said...

Oh goodness, Vicki! I am in love with both of these cards! So creative -- I'd love to CASE the first one -- awesome take on the sketch using different STAMP products. That coffee sleigh digi is going to have to be an actual clear stamp :o) So glad to see these beauties in our galleries! Happy weekend :o)

Heidi Stamps said...

Both of these coffee cards are reallyreally clever to combo the coffee theme with Christmas! I really love them both! Wow!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

awesome! These are some of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've seen. I fell in love with them at first sight.
Hugs,
BożenA

Shelly said...

These are BEAUTIFUL, Vicki! Love them!

Fiki said...

very pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cards!

~amy~ said...

These are BOTH awesome and fun!

Helen F. said...

Two amazing cards, pretty designs, Vicki

Judy1223 said...

Two awesome cards! I absolutely adore the sleigh card...so CAS and fun!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are so awesome. I love your designs. And, the gold adds a lot to them.

Lola said...

These are my kind of cards! Wonderful coffee creations.

M Samuelson said...

What a super cute and whimsical design for your cards!! Thank you for the inspiration

Amy Johnson said...

Such cute Christmas Cards! I especially love the sleigh card.

Lori Kobular said...

Two great Christmas Coffee Cards Vicki! I love the paper you used on the sled filled with coffee and the Christmas tree is really cool on the other one!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki...I have used your first one as inspiration...hope you don't mind?
xxx Margreet

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome Xmas cards!!! Love them!!!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Your cards are so festive & fun.
Lovely designs.

laury55 said...

beautiful card, love all the details in your coloring

Donna said...

These are charming Vicki!

Patti J said...

You always make me want to push away from this computer and get crafting! Thanks for sharing these beautiful creations!!! Hugs...

laurie said...

These are awesome! Cute design and love the bright colors!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Coffee/Christmas cards love the inked stencils
Carol x

Teri Wilde said...

Very fun and festive!

aussie aNNie said...

Did I miss some.....well love the coffee creation and the cards are awesome.xx{aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Two fabulous coffee Christmas cards Vicki! I love both card designs. Your stamping on the first card is so lovely and the sentiment made me smile. I drink 'no caffeine ' coffee does it count? :) Debra x

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these amazing coffee Christmas designs, Vicki!! Awesome work with these sensational images!! I am going to have to go look them up!

Rhonda Miller said...

Both of your cards are fabulous.

Ceal said...

Both cards are fabulous!

Helen Gullett said...

Both are amazing and beautiful cards, Vicki! The gold is great!

Hetty said...

Two beautiful cards and
I love the shiny gold!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards and great colouring x

Tammy said...

Two fabulous Coffee & Christmas themed cards Vicki, I love the traditional colors!
Hugs, Tammy

Toni said...

I love the coffee in these designs--so cute! So glad you've joined us at Stamplorations CAS, V!

Craft-E-Place said...

Simply brilliant cards! The first one is a great take on the sketch - I just love it. Both cards are so clean and vibrant.
Elaine (GDT STAMPlorations)

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Vicki, I LOVE these cards! Amazing coloring on the adorable sleigh, and I love the "DP" you've created. And what a fun "Coffee" card with the dies! Sweet!! Hugs and merry Christmas!! xoxo

Monika Reeck said...

You really used the Freebis sooo adorable Vicki
I love your coloring
perfect
the colors really great for xmas card
and hey I see Artplorations too that Holly BG looks so sweet that you drew the outline
love the idea and the red is really red (I sometimes got green there too haha but you did it perfectly no green on the red holly fruit I dont know the name in English hehehe )
The tree with coffee Chtistmas sentiment is coooll you always put the details on your card Vicki
no doubt many of your cards are winner
wish I have a clever idea like you too my friend
hugs
Monika

MiamiKel said...

I Missed these two beauties earlier Vicki! Stunning! Coffee and Christmas - now that's life ❤️
congratulations on your spot on the design team !! Your stunning work is a treat to all :)

Lisa said...

These are awesome! So beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...