"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's Snowflakes at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
A bit late sharing my post with you today...so much going on right now!  :)
I have been super busy with the Christmas things going on right now, but hopefully I will be able to take a break to sit down and check out what my friends are up to soon!  - I have appreciated all of your kind comments!

I'm just swinging in to share a new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The theme for this week is "Snowflakes"!
As always please feel free to interpret this theme as you see it.  Can't wait to see your makes!

And here is what I've made for this challenge:
I thought that since I had been playing with my card kits, that I would get out my MFT Snowflake Sparkle card kit to create a couple more Christmas cards and have it fit with this challenge too!  I absolutely LOVE the sparkly papers that were included in this kit!  (It has long been sold out, but I think you can purchase some of the items separately.)  I also love that you can use this not just for Christmas, but other times for a nice winter theme.

If you remember that diagonal fold card design I made, I pretty much took the same idea, but made it the focal point for my card design instead.  I even used the same colors.  You'll notice that I've also stamped a snowflake image on the envelope flaps too.

Here's a closer look at each one:
For my first card on the left, I've used the green sparkle paper from the kit and cut it at a slant to fit perfectly inside the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames dies on each end of the frame.  I had just enough opening in the center to stamp my greeting.

I stamped the snowflakes and cut them out with the coordinating dies from the kit and attached them on the design.  I took a circle punch to punch out a couple of circles for the centers with some more of that green glitter paper.  The snowflakes were popped up with foam dots and then I took some silver Nuvo Crystal Drops and placed a dot in the center of each one.  This was all placed on top of a top folding A2 sized white card base.

For second card on the right:
This one looks almost exactly like the front of the diagonal fold card, but I placed the plaid papers from the kit over the green sparkle paper and then added this panel over top of an A2 sized side folding card base that was stamped with another snowfall image from the set in white ink.

I added a strip of white ribbon around the front of the card base before adding the plaid snowflake panel that was popped up with some craft foam.  I've also die cut the sentiment greeting from some more of that green sparkle paper and glued it at the bottom of my card base.

I loved the rhinestones over the snowflakes in the last card, so I had to do the same for this one too! :)

I have SO MUCH left over from this card kit and I know that I can still make a ton of cards with it, so there may not be a need for me to purchase any kits next year since I haven't had a chance to really play with the ones I got this year!! LOL!!  (Saving money already, right?!)  LOL

So please do stop by the CCT challenge blog to check out all of the gorgeous inspiration from the DT and we hope to see your lovely creations in the gallery this week!!

Thanks for dropping in and I'll have more to share with you VERY soon!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES: 

1.  Creative Corner - Christmas Time

2.  Crafting When We Can - It's Christmas!

3.  Crafty Boots - Christmas

4.  Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

5.  Fab 'n' Funky - Glitter and Sparkle

6.  Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Anything Goes/Holidays

24 comments:

cm said...

Vicki, your snowflake cards, all sparkly and sporting pretty blues/greens, are simply beautiful! The plaid background on the second...oh my! So eye-catching!
Smiling brightly in seeing these gems!
Hugs~carol

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun colors on these great snowflake designs, Vicki!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards with beautiful snowflakes!
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, love the snowflakes and sparkle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, lovely colours and great designs. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Babs Watson said...

Two gorgeous cards Vicki love the colours and pretty snowflakes

Hugs Babs x

Lori Kobular said...

I love your snowflake cards! The blue and green papers look so pretty and really show off those snowflakes!

Sarah said...

These are stunning, lovely designs and the colours are beautiful xx

Heidi Stamps said...

These are awesome, I just love the color combo and the glitter paper does pack a nice punch!

Patti Krauss said...

Lovely cards, Vicki. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky challenges.
Happy crafting
Catherine X DT

Fiki said...

hello
hope you are doing fine
your cards are gorgeous!
hugs

Pri Created said...

So lovely these cards are...!!

Debra K. said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards Vicki! Fantastic card designs and a really different colour combination which looks lovely. I love the little touch of stamping the envelopes to match. Debra x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. .your Christmas cards with the snowflakes are so wonderful. Love the colours you need -
Hugs Anja

aussie aNNie said...

Loving the snowflakes, your creations are gorgeous.xx{aNNie}

Céline said...

wow love that designs
hugs
céline

Team Clark said...

Oh I just love these layers and gorgeous colors! Big wow! Hugs, Autumn

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Love the colors on your gorgeous cards!! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
Hugs

Donna said...

Another gorgeous sparkly card, you have been busy this week, enjoying catching up!

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, my friend! Love the colors, the layouts, and the sparkle :)

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards, love the snowflakes and a great colour combination

Hazel said...

Love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR December challenge, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

Monika Reeck said...

Love the green paper on the first card my friend the second one I love the sentiment with that sparkly paper...
Great use od the glitter paper and the snowflakes so sweet on both of your card Vicki
Lovely Christmas card dear Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...