"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Merry & Bright Rudolph

Hello friends!
Are getting those Christmas cards finished up yet?  I had actually put together a few of them earlier this year that I had forgotten about, so I'm not as behind as I thought I was!  Thank goodness for Christmas in July creations! LOL!!

I have gotten a couple of Christmas card kits and I really wanted to sit and create with them.  I hope to be doing that this week and get my batch of cards mailed out by the end of this week so I can get started on those Christmas cookies next week! :)

I couldn't resist to snatch up the Simon Says Stamp December card kit...thought it was so cute!  I also had really wanted to try out those Chibitronics Lights too.  Well, I botched that up really bad and so now I'm going to have to get some more copper tape and figure out why they didn't all light up! With my husband being an electrician, you'd think I could do it!  Of course he had to comment about how his job isn't easy!  LOL!

I still managed to make several cards and I'll share more later, but for now, here's one of them:
This little reindeer/Rudolph really pulled my heart strings and I wanted to use him first.  So I colored him in with my Copics and then fussy cut around him leaving a white border.  (Closer view of his details can be found below.)  I've also used Copics to make a little shadow around the reindeer and candy canes in the snow.

I used the papers from the kit for the background and then I've used the SSS Stitched Slopes and Hills dies to make a snowy hill for the reindeer to sit on.  I used the candy canes epoxy stickers from the kit to add them on the snow hill here and there.  I took some gold cord to make a bow with and then blued that onto one of the candy canes.

For the background, I stamped the images from the stamp set in the card kit with VersaMark ink and then embossed them with gold EP.  I put a dot of gold Stickles in the centers of each snowflake.  The snow was popped up with foam tape.

Here's a closer look at the reindeer:
Here you can better see how I've colored in Rudolph.  I've used a black gel pen to pop out his eyes and then a white gel pen for his cheeks.  I took a gold gel pen to color in the bells on his collar and then I've also taken some glossy accents for his red nose.  I thought it helped to match up with the epoxy candy cane stickers.

Hope you like my card today!  I'll be back with more soon!
Thanks so much for dropping in!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
2.  Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Use die cuts
3.  Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Anything Christmas/Holiday
4.  My time to Craft - Christmas Animals

5.  12 Days of Christmas Cards Challenge with Kylie & Friends

36 comments:

Carol L said...

I'd be grateful to find some forgotten Christmas cards too :) This is seriously such a cute card with that pretty dsp, darling reindeer and cute candy canes!

Virginia Lu said...

Oh....Vicki, your card really stood out in the SSS Gallery that I HAD to come over to admire it a bit. I love the "hills" that you created and the reindeer is just perfect in it! What a smile maker this card is! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Heidi Stamps said...

That Rudolph is so adorable and I like the candy canes too! I am sorry your lights didn't work. I have been wondering about those but haven't been able to try them. Maybe your DH can figure them out!

Kylie said...

awww Rudolph has stolen my heart! I love everything about this card! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

aussie aNNie said...

Cute card love the rudolph he is awesome. You come up with some fab ideas like the candy cane here...hugs.xx

Debra K. said...

Awww, so cute! The little Rudolph is just adorable and you've coloured him wonderfully. A fantastic card design with the candy canes. I love the gold you've used on him and, of course, his shiny red nose :).
You really would have thought your hubby could have helped :D. Debra x

Babs Watson said...

Oh Vicki I can see why you fell in love with that little reindeer he's so adorable and you have created a lovely little scene for him too, with your cute little candy canes. Simply gorgeous..

Hugs Babs x

Tracy Freeman said...

So so cute ! Love the scene you have created especially the candy canes.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

Margreet said...

Gorgeous layout of this beautiful card...love the scene with the great colored Rudolph and the lovely candy canes....brilliantly stamped background!
xxx Margreet

Donna Ellis said...

I imagine your light display will be magnificent, Vicki! LOL I am in love with your sweet card - Rudolph could not be more in his delightful element, and happier than with the scene you have created! Would you believe I did not really get Christmas cards made! LOL and I have decided not to be worried about it and to make up for it throughout 2017 LOL how does that sound for rationalizing? Hoping you enjoy a wonderful week! hugs, de

Danni said...

What a darling card! So adorable!

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute Vicki! I love that sweet little reindeer and you colored him beautifully, gorgeous gold embossing too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Linda Simpson said...

Such a cute Christmas card, love cute Rudolph and candy cane's.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

This is such a fun and adorable card! I love that Rudolph and the snowflake paper is perfect for this card!

Sarah said...

I can see why you wanted to use that adorable little guy and the candy canes look fantastic xx

Olga Jewell said...

this is Gorgeous!!!

MaryH said...

This little Rudy grabbed at my heart strings too! Love him all plopped down in the cold snow. Lots of lovely details, and the candy candles gleam so nicely, like the extra golden bow. Totally delightful card, such fun. I saw a video with those lights, and wow, it looked quite complicated to place & attach to the battery. Good job on this one, though! Good luck with the lights. TFS & Hugs

Aileen Ryan said...

Vicki what a gorgeous card love that reindeer. there are so many sweet ones around these days and he hits the mark. the candy cane, the layout and those few gold embosses snowflakes all come together perfectly.

laurie said...

Your coloring is awesome...he sure is a QT!Love the fun winter scene!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!
xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, this is just oo sweet (pun intended) and the little deer is pretty sweet, too. :-D Finally I'm healing enough to be able to comment as well as visit so I hope to be a bit more visible, especially after the New Year. I'm off on my holiday travels to three different sets of the kids/grandkids in three different states between Dec 14 and January 3 so will be MIA much of that time without internet access. But I should be back in harness in January once I get home. In case I forget later on, Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.

cm said...

What a marvelous wonderland you've created, filled with pretty snowy hills AND candy canes! The perfect setting for your darling reindeer, who lucks just marvelously comfy in his snow bank! Ultra charming!
Hugs~c

Fiki said...

this is so sweet card!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR December challenge, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

crafty-stamper said...

cute card and reindeerand love the candy canes
Carol x

Jerrie said...

I am loving your cute Rudolph card!! Great job on the background and scene!!

Pia S said...

This is really sweet, Vicki. Love the little candy canes, popped up like trees in this winter landscape.

Scrappin Sue said...

So cute
Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

Donna said...

Adorable reindeer and great winter scene Vicki!

MagsB said...

What a sweet winter scene, Vicki! I'm loving this SSS card kit, though I'm a bit nervous about using the lights, in case I get them wrong! I also love how you've used the candy cane stickers! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B DT

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute!

coldwaters2 said...

Awwww what an adorable festive make Vicki that little deer is so cute, I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Vicki..look at that little face..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Asha said...

Oh my goodnesss! This is so darn cute! What an adorable little reindeer... and that itty bitty bow on the candy cane... too cute, I tell you! An electrician's job may not be easy but card-making is pretty hazardous too! But the end result makes all the difference!
hugs Asha

andrea chiu said...


Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us.
Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Monika Reeck said...

Sticker Candy cane?
so sweett and the reinder colored so beautifully
love always your pink and white cheek
sweeeet cutee and love again your scene
did you stamp that BG woooww so many snowflakes there
I ADORE AGAIN this cute card
you are queen of making scene and making cute card Vicki and coloring too
Biig hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...