"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Seeing Stars at Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends! :)
Just stopping by to share a new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is Stars/Sparkles
This is a good one for either Christmas or another occasion if you already have been a good elf and have all of your Christmas makings done! :)

I am of course still working on Christmas, so this is what I came up with for the challenge:
As I had mentioned in my last post, I'm working with those Christmas card kits this week.  Although this is not completely from a card kit, the sentiment certainly is from the MFT Snowflake Sparkle card kit.  (sold out), but you can get the sentiment set I used called Snowfall of Blessings.)  I changed up the snowflakes from the kit and brought out the MFT Lucky Stars Die-namics for my design to go along with the theme for this challenge.

The layout design came from the new MFT sketch challenge and the colors that I've used were inspired by the wonderful photo inspiration from the SSS Wednesday challenge.  (See below).

For the white background panel, I've used the MFT Diagonal Stripes stencil and sponged some ink for the light sandy color behind the stars.  I didn't have a scallop die that would go with the sketch design, so I pulled out a scallop punch from my stash to create the same sandy color border.  The stars were cute out with some silver metallic card stock along with the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics that goes around the striped panel.

I created the blue sentiment banner by stamping the sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossing it with some silver EP.  I created my own banner with scissors and took some silver thread to make a nest behind it before attaching it to the panel.  Lastly, I glued the stars and silver sequins and then added some Nuvo Silver Crystal Drops in the center of each one.  Everything was attached to a blue A2 sized top folding card base.

Here's a closer look at all of the shine and sparkle that doesn't quite show up on the photo above:
Here you can better see the silver heat embossed sentiment as well as the shine from the silver stars and frame.  You can also see the silver glitter added to the centers of the sequins.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today and I hope you will stop on over at Cute Card Thursday to see all of the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the team and play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
See you soon with another creation from a Christmas card kit!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge (MFTWSC310)

2.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Ice Inspiration (mood board)
(I used the icy pines photo and a couple of colors for my card.)


3.  Creative Moments - Anything Goes

4.  Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Use dies

27 comments:

Debra K. said...

Another wonderful Christmas card Vicki! Lovely combination of colours. The stars and scalloped edge look great. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

As always you never fail to deliver the best of the best...love the stars shining bright.xx{aNNie}

Heidi Stamps said...

This is a great card! I am such a fan of that shiny cardstock, it really makes a statement. And the sketch you used is perfect for this! TFS!

Donna Ellis said...

Love your happy, dancing stars! The sequins just add to their joy! It's a beautiful card, and so much fun, Vicki - could be used for just about any occasion, too! Your mirror cardstock looks amazing! hugs, de

Danni said...

Great card and wonderful use of the stars!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the layout and stars.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Love those silvery stars! The silver embossed sentiment looks great with those stars!

cm said...

VICKI! Apologies galore for falling behind in commenting; catching up now! Your silver stars, in shimmering silver, are utterly stunning; a lovely translation of the inspiration image! So classy; so elegant! Thank you, too, for your visits that always add shimmer and sparkle to my day! You're a shining star!
Hugs~c

Pri Created said...

The silver stars and scalloped frame look fantastic Vicki...love it..!!

Carol L said...

What I like most about this card is those subtle diagonal stripes behind the mirror silver stars and sequins! The filament looks wonderful along with all those pretty scalloped borders! This is a true beauty!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, I adore those shiny stars! Great way to do the sentiment. Shiny silver EP always looks good with a blue combo. :-D

Margreet said...

A beautiful starry card Vicki!!
xxx Margreet

Fiki said...

its very nice card!
hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Vicki and love all the stars and bling
Carol x

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki!! Love the little silver nest you made!

Jerrie said...

Those gold stars are shining bright!! Great card!!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Vicki!! I love all of the stars and that beautiful silver frame!
Hugs, Tammy

Deb said...

Your card is stunning Vicki, I love the colour combo and the metallic cardstock you used, they perfectly compliment each other. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend, hugs Debxx

Pia S said...

I do like the silver shine and sparkle in combination with the neutral colors. An unusual but fitting design for Christmas.

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Vicki! I'm so loving the silver and gold cardstocks this year! Beautifully done :)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, like that silver paper and thread, so elegant!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous CAS style card Vicki love the shine of the stars a very lovely make
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Loving the silver stars and sequins Vicki...gorgeous design..

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like the shine of the silver!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful Christmas card, love the stars.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Asha said...

Brilliant card, Vicki. So sparkly and shiny. My kind of Christmas! LOL
hugs Asha

Monika Reeck said...

Manly card??
love the blue
so shiny star you added here
and love that sequin too so clear and beautiful on this card
I dont have this sequin color and I am not fan of sequin but love what you did here
great manly season greetings card my friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...