"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Snow Better Time of Year!

Hello friends!
So now that my Christmas cards have been mailed out, it's time for the cookie baking to begin!  I've been busy in my kitchen making candy and cookies.  Maybe I'll have a photo to share with you later on how it's coming along.  Do you make cookies for the Holidays?  What is your favorite?  I enjoy pretty much anything with chocolate!  LOL!

As promised, I'm back today to share some of the Christmas cards that I've been so busy making and mailed out.  These particular cards were sent overseas, so I'm hoping that they'll reach their destination in time, but this is the reason that I like to make them "snow" type cards too! :)  It's the feeling and thought that goes into making for all us card makers, right?

I am also making sure that I don't miss out on a challenge before it ends:
I had actually made these two cards, but this is the only photo I took because I had an entire huge pile of cards that I quickly set up in "batches" to photograph...so hopefully they still turn out view-able for posting.

Of course it's just not Christmas without those cute Lawn Fawn stamps! :)  I have pulled out my new sets from this year which are the Simon Says Stamp "STAMPtember exclusive" Happy Howlidays and the Snow Cool with the coordinating dies to go with it.

For the card on the right side with the little Dachshund image, which I colored to look like my sweet little Mocca doxie (red hair), I used my Copics to color her, the lights wrapped around her as well as the Santa hat and then cut them out with the coordinating dies.  For the background, I stamped a couple of snowflakes from the set along with the sentiment and then used my ink blending tool to lightly sponge some Tumbled Glass distress ink over top.  I then just used some foam squares to pop up the doxie with all of the accessories glued on her.  I added some glitter to the hat too.  Lastly, I used my corner chomper to round the edges of all four corners.

For the penguin card, I have stamped the large background falling snow image from the Snow Cool stamp set at the top portion of my card with VersaMark ink and then I used some clear EP to heat set it.  I then took some distress inks with ink foam blending tool and blended the colors for a blue sky background.  I also added a few more snowflakes to the background in a darker ink as well as white heat embossed the "snow" sentiment with white EP.  I stamped, colored with Copics and cut out with coordinating dies the two penguins and snow cone.  I added some dot detail to the penguins with a white gel pen and then glittered up the snow cone.  For the snow, I just cut a piece of white with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders and attached it to the bottom of my blended sky card base. I used a Copic marker to add some shadow effect under the penguins which were popped up over the snow with some foam squares.  Lastly, I glued some snowflake sequins to the background.

So that's it for me today.  Thanks so much for dropping in and I hope you were inspired too.
I will be back again soon to share more Christmas cards along with a new challenge!
So stay tuned in! :)

Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawnscaping Challenge - Let it Snow

2.  12 Days of Christmas Cards with Kylie & Friends

3.  Creative Knockouts - SNOW Much Fun!

4.  Sweet Stampin' - Animals

5.  Use Your Stuff - Let it Snow

6.  The Cutie Pie Challenge - A Day in the Snow

26 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Loving your gorgeous CAS cards my friend, they are adorable stamps.xx{aNNie}

Fiki said...

this cards are so sweet!
lots of hugs

LeAnne said...

Wow, you managed to nail a bunch of challenges with this beauty AND cutie! Wonderful cards, you're so creative!

Lori Kobular said...

Two absolutely adorable snow cards!! Whenever the people get them ~ they will love them and surely make them smile!

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous as always!

Danni said...

What super cute cards! Love the snowy theme on them both!

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful Vicki! Love the images.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Lovely cards Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Two adorable cards Vicki..the images are so very cute and I love the blue snowy sky behind the penguins..I don't Christmas bake as I would eat it and have already had to replaced the chocolates..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

cm said...

OH my stars, Vicki...these cards are the epitome of adorable! Darling penguins and such a sweet doxie! The people receiving them will be filled to bursting with joy! Your baking expeditions sound yummy...looking forward to photos!
Hugs~carol

Diane said...

Two very sweet designs Vicki.

Happy Holidays

Diane

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Not sure which one is more adorable - they are bot absolutely fabulous!

Rae Ann said...

These are so punny and awesome! Love the scene you created with the penguins and the snowflake sequins are the perfect touch. The dachshund card is so adorable and I love the CAS layout for him.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Snow Much Fun challenge.

Aileen Ryan said...

These two cards are so cute Vicki love your colouring of these ohhh so cute little critters and your stunning backgrounds.

Donna said...

These are absolutely adorable, have a great day Vicki!

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
It also fits the Challenge at the Sweet Stampers. Check it out.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
Hugs
Kuni

Bożena Adamusińska said...

So beautiful! I fell in love with both cards, I can not say that I like more.
Hugs,
BożenA

Pri Created said...

Awww...super cute cards Vicki...The penguins look adorable and the little dog too...I have become a big fan of Lawn Fawn...

tampatha said...

These are so great! I love that they are easy to mail and yet just lots of fun visually! Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Khristina Sorge said...

How cute! I love your little images. SO cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff this week.

Donna said...

These are both so cute, your sky is fabulous!

Patti J said...

Squeal, I have a friend with a doxie - she'd love that card! Both cards are adorable, Vicki! Thanks for sharing :)

missgailly said...

Two VERY cute cards! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely cards and cutie image, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge A Day in the Snow theme. Merry Christmas and cheers Sue N x

Pat K said...

Oh my...these are adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

Monika Reeck said...

Toooo cuuutee
the dog with bauble hihi so sweett
and the pingu eat ice cream hihi cute cutee
and love all the snowflakes stamp you have and the dots as snow too this stamp is sold out right I am sad I only got the KITS from Kim and I have this Dachshund stamp then
Love love this both cute card my friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...