"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Toys or Transport for Cute Card Thursday - Toot! Toot!

Hello friends!!
I don't know if I'm sad or thankful for November being over!  I seem to have skimped right through the whole month!  LOL!  I think I'm also having a "creative cramp" which you would call "lost MOJO"...none-the-less, I do need to keep keeping on as I have a pile of things to do for Christmas and I've decided that I'm not going to stress about it, I'm going to take one day at a time and just enjoy the process of creating.

I have found this really sweet image and decided I wanted to just spend some time coloring and I thought he was perfect for this particular challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is "Toys/Transport"...great for making masculine cards!

And here's my creation that I made for it:
I found this sweet image on my computer that I had forgotten about and got him out to color for this particular challenge.  This is a "Precious Moments" image and don't know the name or anything much about it, sadly.  I don't think they make these any more though.
 
*side note* - Since I was having a "creative cramp", I spent some time cleaning in my stamp room and also had tons of Copics to sit and refill because it seemed like many of my markers were drying out...so I think this is my inspiration for wanting to color something.  You just never know what can strike your fancy at any given moment! LOL!

I have die cut this image from the MFT Stitched Square Scallop Frames and then colored it in with my Copics.  For the outside frame, I used the die cut and cut out a piece with silver metallic paper and used the outer frame portion to go around my colored image. I took some distress ink and a foam blender to go around the colored image panel before attaching to the silver frame.  I had won a stack of papers from a challenge I entered and this gorgeous silver striped kraft paper was in there, so I've used that behind my image panel and attached this to a Real Red card base measuring 4.5" square.

For the circle sentiment, I've used the MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Circle Stax and cut one out in Real Red card stock.  I had to take out my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiment (old from my stash) so that I could separate the words to make them fit.  I embossed them with white EP.  The part that was hanging off the edge was cut off with scissors.  I popped this up with foam squares.  Lastly, I added some Christmas Mix sequins and then added some silver crystal drops in the centers.

Here's a closer look at the coloring:
Those eyes are so sweet and I wanted the white dots to be a bit more prominent than what they originally were, so I took my gel pen to make dots along with on the cheeks and wheels of the choo choo train.  I added black dots with my gel pen on the wheels and his mouth as well.

I've also added some coloring on the train areas with a silver gel pen.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!
Please be sure to stop by the challenge blog to check out the other creations and I hope you will consider joining us for this challenge!  We can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Have a great day and I'll see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Allsorts - Anything Christmas

2.  Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes

3.  Christmas with the Cuties (NEW CHALLENGE BLOG!) - Anything Goes (CUTE!)

4.  Mojo Monday (MOJO476) - sketch

5.  Merry Monday - masculine (Christmas)

6.  Cardz 4 Guyz - Something that Begins with "T" - Train

7.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark

43 comments:

Debra K. said...

Wow Vicki, what a fantastic card! Fabulous colouring of this oh so cute little boy and his train set and the card design is wonderful. Love the sentiment with the edge trimmed off. When I lose my craft mojo my card is just blank not a gorgeous creation like this! Debra x

Margreet said...

Oh, Vicki, what an awesome card...love your gorgeous coloring and you have used great dies!
xxx Margreet

Pri Created said...

This is amazingly beautiful Vicki...you create awesome cards even when you have the so called 'creative cramp'..I love the sweet image and your superb coloring..

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Wow Vicki this is one top notch make i absolutely adore that cute image he is something rather special, superb card design, I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Fiki said...

your card is so sweet!
very cute image.
have a lovely day
hugs

Carol L said...

This is such an adorable creation, and totally takes me back to the time when my son wanted to grow up to be a train engineer! I love all the great details you've included here!! Sweet card for a youngster who loves trains!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this card with your precious little engineer and his sweet train! Well done, Vicki!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love that Precious Moments image and your coloring is perfect, beautiful silver frame too!
Hugs, Tammy

Diane said...

Super cute image, love the silver frame and card design.

Hugs Diane

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. I love the image he is just adorable.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jerrie said...

AAW, this is so sweet! It reminds me of when my boys were little and had the train going around the tree!

Nonni said...

This is a very cute card and I can't see any mojo hiding here, great work! I love that frame... Will need to get it one day! Enjoy of your weekend ahead!

Kathleen said...

Oh what a really gorgeous image , reminds me of my Grandson when he was so into trains. Super card.
Thank you for joining our 'Anything Christmas' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Darnell J Knauss said...

Simply amazing coloring and layout, Vicki! But that sweet boy, could you just turn his mouth into a wee smile to match the sediment? He looks like my son always did when I MADE him sit still for a photo!! Hugs, Darnell

Lola said...

Oh my he is so sweet and you framed him perfectly.

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is darling my Friend!
Beautiful coloring as well ;-)
Happy December!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and beautifully coloured cute image I thought it was pre-coloured tbh brilliant
Carol x

Shelly said...

Aww...Super cute, Vicki!
Also, you may wanna hop on over to CAS-ual Fridays happy hour post...Congrats, my friend! :)

Heidi Stamps said...

I am glad I clicked back on the comment you left on my blog today because I did not see this post in my reader today. I do not like the new blogger reader, I feel like I am missing too many posts!

ANYHOW! I love this sweet image! I am a precious moments fan and you colored this so beautifully! So much nice shading and there is a lot to color with the train set, too. I am glad you enjoyed it and got good use out of your newly inked markers.

MaryH said...

Always good to refill the copics, clean off the ink that gets around the tops. I have to be in the mood to do that, or else need a pen that is about dry. Hats off to you for doing a creative task like that! I think this is just the cutest little engineer with his choo-choo. Having a lot of railroad men in my family, this speaks to me quite a lot. Like the layout very much, and your refills worked a treat to create some fantastic coloring. My MoJo wanders off quite a bit. I've just tried to finish up some stamped stuff or card up some things colored long time ago! When I'm in the mood! Have a good weekend. TFS & Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what an adorable and sweet card! I love this darling little fella and the great sketch card! Fabulous, and you sure don't lack in mojo! But good for you for cleaning your room and filling your Copic markers. I have that on my to-do list and just ordered some new nibs, and I have to start weighing my markers and targeting which need refilling. What a fun visit, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Rhonda Miller said...

What a wonderful card. I love the fun image.

Jane Willis said...

This is gorgeous - a perfect choice of image for our letter T challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz and so beautifully coloured and put together, I really love it!
Jane

Lori Kobular said...

This is absolutely adorable! What boy doesn't love trains?? I love his overalls and cap! Very sweet card!

Pia S said...

You've summed up November and how it's been for me as well. I'm glad I'm preparing for Christmas all year long, because I certainly don't have much time for it come December. Your boy card here is so sweet, I love the image, one I might get myself. I think it looks prettty the way you framed it too. Get take on the sketch!

Patti J said...

It's always SO much fun to see what you've created! Loving this beautifully colored fun and sweet image, my friend! Great card! As always, you've left me wanting to color and paste!!! Hugs...

MiamiKel said...

What a darling card, Vicki! You've given so much life to this little conductor with your coloring - and a darling design to your card, too! Sensational! ♥

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great card for a boy. Excellent dyeing, surely you had with him had fun :-)
Heve a nice weekend,
BożenA

aussie aNNie said...

What an adorable child's card. Beautiful colours and creation...love it..xx{aNNie}

Debbie said...

This is adorable!!! Precious Moments are so sweet!!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Simply adorable card Vicki, the image is so sweet.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Debbie Henderson said...

What a great layout and the sentiment on the scallop circle looks great in white! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with all of us this week!

Babs Watson said...

Oh Vicky this is so sweet , perfectly coloured just adorable ..

Hugs Babs x

Monika Reeck said...

Wow Vickiiii so many comments I believe you are a warm heart lady...anddddd this image is wax tooo cuteeeee..love much the coloring totally adorably using the sketch...still in fitness studio and miss your blog ..thats why visiting now :)

laurie said...

SUPER cute Vicki!Love the image and your coloring is excellent!

Monika Reeck said...

Wow Vickiiii so many comments I believe you are a warm heart lady...anddddd this image is wax tooo cuteeeee..love much the coloring totally adorably using the sketch...still in fitness studio and miss your blog ..thats why visiting now :)

Emma Sims said...

Ah this is so sweet! And great colouring too! Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Emma - DT

Donna said...

I could look at this for hours, your coloring is amazing. One day I am going to say, I knew her when..

Cazro said...

This is such an adorable card, so perfectly coloured. Fits our theme so well. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and fab colouring Vicki

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining in at Christmas with the cuties for our first challenge. Craftynatalie : DT

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... Vicki this is adorable. your coloring is fantastic! Thank You for playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...