"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Cool Colors for Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends!
With the winter weather always seems to come the illness time too!
My son came home sick and I was able to get by without getting anything.  Then hubby came home sick with something and then that was it!  I've been sick for most of the week trying to fight if off.  I think I'm feeling better now so that I can get back to important things like stamping! :)

Today I have a new challenge to share with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week we would like to see some "Cool Colors/Tones" on your creations!

I was thinking since it's still winter and cold out, this would be a good theme to use for this cool color challenge as well, so I got out some of my new goodies to have a play with:
These seals from Lawn Fawn are too cute!  The set is called "Sealed with a Kiss" of course! :)  I picked them up along with the coordinating dies during a special promotion they had. These are not for sale in the store as they were only available during this time.

I saw a card on the blog during the promotion (CLICK HERE to see the card.  It's the top card in the post by cristina "yainea" nunez) and I wanted to make my seals the same way as I thought it was just such a darling card!

I took some of the papers from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Winter Mini Pad papers and matched up some card stock with it.  I took some light blue from my stash for the middle section and then I've used some Slate Grey card stock for the base.

For the main image panel, I took the blue card stock and stamped the snowflakes for the background with the image from the Snow Cool stamp set and embossed it with white EP.  I then took a strip of vellum and used the Ocean Wave Borders die to cut it with and then I used some ink to sponge the edge of it and glued the bottom portion down over the blue snowfall panel.  I then stamped, colored and die cut out the seals and the little word bubble from the promotional set.  I did not have an ice platform for my seal, so I took one of my Copic liner pens and drew my own and colored it in.  Then I popped the seal on top with foam tape and stuck it down over the vellum wave.  I took the other seal and placed him BEHIND the vellum wave to make it look like he's trying to swim over to the ice platform and then was greeted with a kiss.  :)

Lastly, I added some silver sparkle strips on each end of the image panel and then I heat embossed the sentiment from the promotional set with white EP.  I also took the LF Valentine borders arrow die and added it to the top and bottom portions of the card base.  I also took the heart strip die from this set and just used the negative hearts with the same silver sparkle paper to glue above their heads.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can better see the coloring on the seals and the details of the shimmer on the ice platform as well as the embossed details.  I don't even draw stick figures, but I thought the ice platform would be an easy enough image to draw and so that's my result with it.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today and got inspired!
Be sure to stop by the CCT challenge blog to check out the creations from the rest of the DT and link up your cool color creation too!

Thanks so much for dropping by!  I've got another post coming shortly...stay tuned in!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + sentiment

2.  Brown Sugar - anything goes

3.  Curtain Call - Icicle


4.  Tuesday Throwdown - Favorite Medium (Copics!)

5.  Cards and More - Still Winter

29 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great card. I love how you made the wave with vellum so it's 'see through' and glad you showed this. I was trying to work out yesterday how to do that now I know. Cute seals and just a wonderful nature card...hugs.xx{aNNie}

Debra K. said...

This is seriously cute! You've coloured the seals perfectly and your ice platform looks stamped, so fabulous drawing there Vicki. Love the waves in vellum and the sparkle on the ice is lovely. Another wonderful card design. Debra x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki, your card is so cute and wonderful. Great design
Hugs Anja

Margreet said...

Such a lovely card, Vicki...great details as always...love the vellum waves and your drawing of the ice platform is a real success!
Hope you're feeling better! You brought a smile on my face with saying that you got back to important thinks like stamping!!☺☺
xxx Margreet

Babs said...

Vicki this so cute, love your little icy scene and those seals are just adorable, your waves with the vellum really work, I love it. Hope your feeling better soon my friend. I am just getting over a bad cold too..

Hugs Babs x

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these sweet seals in your blue vellum sea! This Valentine is a delight, Vicki!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki how cute are those adorable seal pups they are so sweet, the papers, colours and that sparkle make this look one amazing card
hugs
lorraine x

Heidi Stamps said...

This is indeed a cute card for Cute Card Thursday! I love the cool colors and the cool glitter ribbon, the perfect touch!

Lori Kobular said...

What an incredibly cute card! Love those sweet otters, the plaid paper is so pretty, love the silver and the wave border!

Danni said...

This is just so adorable!!

Fiki said...

awww! this is so cute card!
love it!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki, I love the fun scene you created! Fabulous shimmer and the vellum wave is an awesome touch!
Hugs, Tammy

Linda Simpson said...

Adorable card Vicki, love the sweet image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna said...

This is just adorable, great image and perfect for a nontraditional valentines card, like the velum water and the little silver hearts!

Shelly said...

This is ADORABLE, Vicki! Love!

Chrissy said...

So adorable Vicki..love the vellum sea and very cute little seals..a gorgeous card design and I love the scene..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

The princely card! I love her discreet wealth, silver brocade cardboard must give incredible shine. Adding vellum makes this card is really very delicate! So delicate and so beautiful.
Hugs,
BozenA

Furrbster said...

This is really sweet - love the sparkle on the ice :D

Hugz Tinz - Aud Sentiments

Carol L said...

Words escape me for the cuteness of this card! I just love it all, especially the otter behind the vellum which makes him look like he's in the water! Smart, brilliant, and incredibly CUTE!

nwilliams6 said...

How sweet is this!!! Love the images! Super way to showcase them - awesome ideas!!! Hugz

Beate Rauer said...

such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

Monika Reeck said...

Oh so swweeett clever made the water here on your card love love and the glitter heart ooh sooo cuuutee my friend
I have to buy a puncher or DIE Heart I dont have and I always cut it by my self need time and with DIES is easy right
Love the DP too Vicki
CUTEEE card and I love it much

Donna said...

Such a cute and adorable card Vicki, the grey and blue work so well together and the seals are so sweet! x♥ Donna ♥x

Dawn Frost said...

Those seals are cute, love the papers too!

Silke said...

What a lovely card with so cute seals. Love the vellum sea. Thanks for joining us at Cards und More. Hugs, Silke

Pia S said...

Oh wow, this is SO cute! The silver and blue colors seem to make a natural surrounding for them, and the way you used vellum waves is genius!

Pri Created said...

Oh wowww...I love every single element of this card...so perfect and so very adorable...!!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous love the vellum waves and the hint of silver glitter, perfect card x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...