"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Do What You Love in CAS

Hello friends!
I can't believe that we are already coming close to the end of January!
It's already been going by so fast and I know that this week has already started out as a very busy week for me so far and I don't think it will let up any time soon! :)

I'm just swinging by to share a quick and simple card that I've made using some new goodies that I've just recently gotten:
I used this beautiful set from Newton's Nook called Happy Little Thoughts with the coordinating dies.  I had won a challenge at the end of last year and so I decided to use up my winnings to purchase these items recently.  I just love the options you can get with this set!

I stamped the vine looking wreath on my white panel with some brown ink and then I took the solid heart image from the set and stamped pink and red hearts all around the wreath and then I thought it would be fun to add some fluttering heart confetti going up in the air from the wreath.  I also added some more detail to the wreath by stamping that dotted image with some gray ink.  I then stamped the sentiment in the center of the wreath and die cut it out with my Stitched rectangle die.
(I thought that I was actually cutting more off the wreath than what I did.  I wanted to very slightly cut off a portion of the wreath, but I see it barely cut it off at all, but I thought it was fine and went with how it looks.)  It was cut so that I would have a small border along the side of my card.

I added a strip of red pattern paper that I've had in my stash for so long and then I took a very thin strip of black card stock to attach against the paper.  I then popped up the white main image panel with craft foam and glued it to the front of a white A2 sized top folding card base.

I stamped the bow image from the set and colored it with some pink Copic markers and then used the coordinating dies from the set to cut it out.  It was popped up over the bottom of the wreath with some foam tape.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can see the popped out bow with some Wink of Stella added over it for some shimmer.  Lastly, I took some sparkling clear sequins and added it to various places on my card front.  I covered the centers of the sequins with some Clear Nuvo Glitter Drops.

Hope you've enjoyed my card for today!
Thanks for dropping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES;
1.  NN Inky Paws - add a heart (New separate challenge blog!)


2.  Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

38 comments:

Pri Created said...

This is such a beautiful and classy card...love it..!!

Babs said...

Such a pretty bow Vicki I love your card and your design it's really fab girlie card, I just love it.

Hugs Babs x

Sarah said...

Sucn a sweet card Vicki, love the CAS design. You are going to get some mileage from that set for sure...endless possibilities!! xx

Lori Kobular said...

I love this card! That wreath is darling with the little hearts!

Diane said...

Such a pretty design Vicki, I love the stitched frame, sequins and hearts.

Hugs Diane

Mac Mable said...

So kind of you to stop by my blog and leave such kind comments, thank you x Such a pretty card you've made. Do so love that wreath stamp and as always your attention to detail is always spot on. Such a lovely idea to have the tiny hearts floating upwards.....gorgeous card x

Carol L said...

I really like the simple, understated look of this sweet card! The sparkle of the sequins and WOS add such a wonderful homespun touch to this card, and I love it!

MiamiKel said...

OH Vicki, sensational card with such a LOVE-ly design! Congratulations on your win, such a beautiful choice in a stamp/die - very versatile, as love is all year long :)
Beautiful, as always! Hugs!

Fiki said...

Very sweet card

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ

JD/ Jill said...

Sweet Valentine card..You have encouraged me to get out my valentine stamps...

Heidi Stamps said...

A very sweet card! I love the little hearts fluttering up off the wreath :). Cute idea, tfs!

aussie aNNie said...

A pretty and romantic card Vicki, lovely colours in here.xx{aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Beautiful CAS card Vicki! Love the design with the hearts floating upwards. That little bow is just so cute. Another wonderful card design. Debra x

Aileen Ryan said...

Love this Vicki, this is a wonderful wreath, perfect heart placement. It all comes together perfectly, beautiful.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

I love your card.. it`s so stunning...
Hugs Anja

Olga Jewell said...

Very Pretty!!

Pollard Carole said...

So pretty I love this design and that sentiment is gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

Margreet said...

Your stamped wreatch is so pretty, Vicki....love it...also love the add of some heart confetti!
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful CAS card Vicki!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love that stamped wreath and all of the tiny hearts, what a fabulous card my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Pia S said...

Wreaths, I love them. And this heart decorated one is so sweet. Great detailing and love the flutter of hearts extending upwards to one corner.

jimlynn said...

Oh so pretty! Love all those precious hearts and the design on this Vicki.
Lynn

Chrissy said...

So pretty Vicki..love the floating hearts and sequins and the wreath is gorgeous with the sentiment..those stitched die panels have me itching to go shopping..round,square,long..so stylish.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Just lovely and I really like how you added sequence to the little hearts floating up. Nice touch of sparkle too.

Davi said...

Very pretty Vicki! I love way that you offset the wreath and the hearts flowering up! The little border really brings out the little red hearts!!

Rahmat said...

Beautiful wreath, love the tiny hearts around it!

Donna said...

How did I miss this one, it is stunning!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty.

Team Clark said...

I just love these stamps and the addition of the sequins. The floating hearts is such a romantic concept! Love love! Big hugs, Autumn

Indy's Designs said...

I just love the hearts with the wreath! This is so festive! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
Debbie, IPC Lead

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so cute! I love the fun hearts cascading across the card!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Oh my God! How beautiful! This girls' and so fragile. I love this card.
Hugs,
BożenA

Birdie said...

This certainly looks CAS but love how you detailed the steps you took in creating. Wonderful card and happy you entered into the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week. Look forward to seeing more.

Jessica Gerstner said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

Nonni said...

Wonderful CAS card, I love all the hearts, this must have been super fun to stamp!

Lynn McAuley said...

This is awesome, Vicki! CAS perfection!

Asha said...

The simplicity of this card is what makes it extra special... and yet, it isn't all that simple, is it? The little hearts floating up... love that detail!
HUGS Asha

Monika Reeck said...

lovely CAS card and thats wreath is such a cute stamp Vicki
love your CAS idea on this card
biig hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...