"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

'Hidden' Happy Anniversary with Flowers

Happy National Chocolate Cake Day!
I'm so excited about this because I made a homemade chocolate cake today without knowing!  LOL!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far!
I'm swinging by with a very quick and short post as I have it scheduled because I didn't want to take a chance on the recipient seeing this before they get it in their hands tonight! :)

I've made an anniversary card for my parents.  They are coming to my house this evening for super and I will be giving this to them as this post comes up:
I have fallen in love this Altenew stamp set called Vintage Flowers.  I have had this set for a while, but this is the first time I've posted something with it on my blog!  I knew that this would be something that would make for a nice anniversary card especially for my parents.  (They're celebrating 52 years together.)  I've not used the "anniversary" sentiment until now either.  After stamping the flowers, I took some chalk and rubbed around the images to give a little shadow.

I knew that I wanted to also try out Darnell's NBUS challenge as well.  Her challenge for this week was called "Hidden Word" technique.  I've seen this done many times and thought it was so cool looking, so I wanted to give it a try!  As you can see, I've stamped my panel of flowers and then I took a MFT happy die and cut through the design where I wanted it to show up.  I then cut a couple more of them and attached them all onto my card with the stamped one glued on top.

I've also taken the "anniversary" sentiment from the Lawn Fawn set called Sophie's Sentiments and heat embossed it with gold EP over a piece of vellum, cut it out and glued it underneath the sentiment.  (At a second look at it, I was thinking it would be better if I left off the "anniversary" and put on the inside with just the hidden word on the front...oh well...I'll remember for next time around!)  I rounded the corners with my corner chomper and then I took some gold sequins and attached them on my design and used some gold Stickles in the centers of each one.

Here's a closer view of my design:
 I also decided to cover the roses with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation this evening!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back Monday with something different for you!
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Darnell's NBUS - hidden word technique challenge #9

2.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes

3.  As You Like It - Favorite Flower and Why?
(I think roses are just stunning with all of their layers and pretty smells!!)

4.  Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

43 comments:

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card, the flowers look wonderful as does your inset die cut. Perfect.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Vicki, your roses look stunning! So beautiful've added shading! I also love the word that appear from the image. This is a unique card.
Hugs,
BożenA

Kim said...

Your roses are gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the sentiment onto the yellow rose and love the Wink of Stella glitter. Enjoy your cake. I might have to go make one ;D

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors of your roses, and I love the hidden "happy" that you've done so beautifully. It's hard to believe, but I've not done a card with a hidden word...yet! Ha! But you've sure inspired me. I know your parents will love this card. Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

Vicki this is beautiful! I love the way the happy die is incorporated right into the flowers! Lovely colors too!

jimlynn said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the way you did the hidden sentiment too. Beautiful flowers.
Lynn

Heidi Stamps said...

Your flowers are sooo pretty! I especially like the bouquet of different colors!

I did hear it was chocolate cake day, but not in time to get any!! :)

Rahmat said...

Lovely roses, and the semi hidden diecut looks perfect, lovely card Vicki.

Carol L said...

You nailed this technique in such a beautiful way with those beautifully colored flowers and leaves! Gorgeous card!!

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Vicki this card is absolutely stunning!! I love the colors you chose to color in those beautiful roses and love the added touch of gold. God bless your parents for being happily married for 52 years! That is such a beautiful milestone. You did such a beautiful job on this card. I too, also have this stamp set and its matching dies. This set is one of my all time favorite sets ever! It is romantic, beautiful and elegant. Perfect for many different occasions. You should definitely link this up in our Funday Friday challenge this week too. I don't know if you know or not, but we are now "always anything goes" each week! So hop on over!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Debra K. said...

Fabulous card Vicki! Wonderful stamping which stands out beautifully with the shadow you've added. I love the hidden word technique you've used, it's really effective. Your parents will be over the moon with their card from their talented daughter.
Happy Anniversary to them both!! Debra x

Margreet said...

Beautiful card for your parents wedding anniversary, Vicki (congratulations)...gorgeous roses and I love how you have the hidden word...great details to finish off!
Hope they have enjoyed their supper (and chocolate cake☺)!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card for your parents and best wishes to them both. A great and classy card, so pretty and the stamp IS beautifulxx{aNNie}

Babs Watson said...

Oh this is so beautiful Vicki your parents will be so pleased, the flowers are pretty and I love how you have arranged them,and the colours are so lovely it's just perfect for a very special couple. Have a good week.

Hugs Babs x

NanaConnie said...

This is stunning, Vicki! I love those roses and the gold "anniversary" on the sentiment is marvelous. Great sparkle.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is so beautiful, those flowers are awesome what a wonderful card I love the mix of colours and card design, excellent work
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful!! What a wonderful anniversary card for your folks! I have seen this set and you've done wonders with it, brining it to life! And oh la la on your chocolate cake - kudos! Hugs!

Linda Simpson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love the wonderful flowers and sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a pretty card and I love how the flowers are so vivid in colour, it's beautiful. Happy crafting, Sandra x

Mac Mable said...

Hope your parents enjoyed their anniversary?...52 years...Wow x Such a gorgeous card, love the stmaps and how you coloured them and clever with the hidden word x

Helen J said...

Beautiful card!

Chrissy said...

Oh,Wow,Vicki this is exquisite..gorgeous colouring and love the technique you used with the "Happy" and the delicate sequins perfectly placed..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shell said...

Your card is gorgeous Vicki! Love the hidden word and I bet your parents will treasure it. 52 years together is a real accomplishment :)

Sarah said...

Your parents will love this!! It's a stunner xx

Pia S said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Vicki. The layout of the flowers, the colors, the sentiment that is part of the image, it all looks fantastic. Well done!

Fiki said...

love this gorgeous card!
have a nice day
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Nonni said...

I'm sure your parents loved this! I really would have wanted to try this technique but did not have the time -will have to try it in the future then! All the glitter and sparkle is very festive. Great card!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card. Your hidden word technique adds an extra special touch. The WOS adds the perfect sparkle.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki, love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Pri Created said...

So very beautiful....the flowers look gorgeous....!!!

Cheryl W said...

Really lovely card! I love those Altenew layering stamps, too.

Andrea, said...

This is stunning Vicki, I love it x

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a gorgeous anniversary card for your parents, Vicki!! I know they enjoyed the meal, too!!

I love my Altenew stamps!! Just finished a binder cover with the peonies to help keep myself organized in the new year!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love all of the roses and how you added the sentiment! I bet your parents loved this!
Hugs, Tammy

Lola said...

So pretty and what a gorgeous effect with the die cut sentiment. What a wonderful accomplishment! Congrats to your parents!

JD/ Jill said...

This card is lovely and you did a wonderful job with Darnell's technique. I was afraid to try it...but I am definitely going to put it on my to do list!

Asha said...

Yay!!! Yu finally inked up those Altenew stamp. The wait was definitely worth the while. This is beautiful card. The colours on the layered roses are stunning, my friend. WOW!
HUGS Asha

Monika Reeck said...

sooo lovely flower on your card and so shimery Vicki
I love the hiding sentiment on this card
so in love and so feminin card
STUNNING card again miss lady
hugs
Monika

MaryH said...

Absolutely & beautifully perfect for such a special occasion (and happy anniversary wishes to your parents; we don't see too many couples who stay together this long, so very special indeed for them!). This is one of my fav Altenew flower sets and how pretty it looks with the coloring and the chalk shading around the blooms. You've rocked that hidden word technique, and this is one of the best looks I've seen with both the flower image & that technique! TFS & Hugs

Jacqueline Valade said...

How did I miss Chocolate Cake Day??!! The flowers on this card are beautiful - you did an awesome job bringing them to life. Hugs to you dirty sis.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just gorgeous! I love your colors, your sparkle and the hidden sentiment. The wink of Stella sure is beautiful! I love the gold embossed anniversary on the front- think it adds a touch of elegance with the gold embossing : )

Patti J said...

I know your parents loved this! Such a beautiful creation for them!!! Thanks for sharing!

Darnell said...

Happy Belated Anniversary to your parents, Vicki! I love your beautiful card and I'm sure they did, too, and they will be treasure this! Your coloring and your execution of the hidden word is flawless! I actually like that you added the vellum gold-embossed "anniversary" right to the front! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and for joining in the optional theme!! Thank you, too, for your kind get well comments! I'm doing really well, considering! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...