"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

NBUS Love Bunny in Pencils and Copics

Hello friends!
I hope that you are having a wonderful week so far!

So I had been playing around doing some coloring and wanted to also enter in some challenges, so I thought I'd share the results with you of what I've been doing!

I came across this ADORABLE image at From the Heart called Love Bunny.  If you haven't checked out their blog, the owner had some serious issues going on and had just recently gotten back to her work. She has also treated everyone to this darling image for FREE!  I adore all of Faith's images and I look forward to joining in the monthly challenge over there when it starts back up.

So I got busy and printed this NBUS image on both white and kraft card stock so that I could not only work on coloring with my Copics (which is my fave way to color), but I thought I'd give another shot at trying to color with my Prisma Colored pencils!  I SOOO need practice with the pencils, I've only done this like one or twice...it is a little different than Copics for sure.

Here's my take with this image using Copics:
Isn't this just the cutest!?  I have used my E40's Copics to color in the bunny.  I made his heart pink in color along with his ear and cheeks and nose.  I love the sentiments that come with this set as well!  LOL!

I had some pink hearts laying on my table already and so I grabbed those to add around the bunny.  I rounded the panel with my corner chomper, added a clip and twine at the top left corner of both the pink and white image panel and then added an additional tiny pink heart in the center of the twine bow.  I used some foam tape to attach the image panel onto a heart embossed white A2 sized top folding card base.  I also rounded the bottom corners on my card base.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see where I have covered the pink heart he's holding with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and then covered it with some glossy accents.

This card will be sent off to a special charity.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now here's my version of the same image printed on Kraft card stock and colored with pencils:
I am not as comfortable using pencils as I am with Copics, but I do really love how the pencils look over the kraft...espcecially with the white!  So of course this is why I've decided to make my Love Bunny in white this time instead of brown.

The pencils that I own are by Prisma.  They seem to be really nice pencils, but I'm guessing that it's the operator of the pencils that needs more practice with the coloring and blending of the colors.  I also was looking for a gray color, but I didn't have one in my particular set...so this may be something to look for if you buy some.  I just purchased a set of them from my local craft store and just "assumed" that 48 colors would be everything I needed!

I have used my Lawn Fawn Cross-Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the image panel and then I've mounted it with some craft foam over an A2 sized top folding kraft card base.  (Neenah Dessert Storm).

Here's a closer view of my inexperienced pencil coloring:
I still think he is just adorable anyway! :)
You can see here that I've used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to cover the red heart with.
On both of these creations, I've also used a black gel pen to pop out the eyes a bit.
I've kept this design really simple and love that this stamp (digital) set had other sentiments with it that could be used for something other than Valentine's Day.

This card will also be going to a special charity...I hope to creating many more heart themed creations so that I can have a nice sized pile to donate.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope your weekend is fabulous!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  NBUS Challenge - This week is all about pencils on kraft

2.  Crafting by Designs - Anything that Shines

3.  Stampin' Royalty - Valentines

4.  Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

53 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

That bunny IS darling! I saw it on another blog today but did not know it was free! I will be going to check out that blog, because my niece would love this image!

I think you colored them really well. I also tried some white/beige on kraft coloring last night when I was doing my green dragon. The white is a lot harder than the green!

I love your dies and how you finish off your cards so nicely.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you stopped by today, Vicki ... gave me the perfect time to return the visit, to say HI and tell you how absolutely adorable your love bunnies are!!! SO cute... I couldn't choose a favorite!
Thanks so much for your kindness!
=] Michele

Danni said...

Both of these are just so adorable!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I'm so glad that you joined the fun with Darnell. I completely disagree with you. Your cards are much more beautiful than mine: - ((well, that's life, still a lot I have to learn and even more to practice. I love especially the first card. It is so sweet, perfect for a little girl. Your bunny so beautifully contrasts on white card. And when I look at the other bunny, it reminds me of my cat from the old days. He was white in patches, but the nose was pink, like your bunny. It's so beautiful!
Hugs,
BożenA

LeAnne said...

These are both ADORABLE!!!

Lola said...

Love them both! I too used the E40's on my FTH bunny. Love this new image. I should have thought about glitter and shine on the heart - really adds so much. And the kraft bunny is a cutie too. I haven't used pencils in forever. I used mine with gamasol to help blend and smooth. Not the easiest technique, but I think you pulled it off for sure!

jimlynn said...

They're BOTH precious! I love the one you colored with the pencils on Kraft. Fantastic coloring.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

OMG Vicki!! I love that bunny with the heart stamp! You colored it perfectly, I love what you did with the pink heart, it looks awesome! Both of your cards are so pretty! I am off to get that free stamp!!

Babs said...

I just absolutely adore both these, your tag is beautiful, and I love your card, and it looks fabulous on your Kraft card, and I think your image would look good on anything , it's soo sweet

Hugs Babs x

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! Your bunny cards are so adorable! Love it :)

Donna said...

These are both fabulous Vicki, you did beautifully coloring with the pencils! Thanks for letting me know about the free image and a new site to check out!

Fiki said...

super adorable cards!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Glennis said...

So sweet!

Aileen Ryan said...

Hi Vicki well both of these cards looks adorable. Love the bunny, went and grabbed him to colour in. Looks wonderful in copic and in pencil, yourve done a brilliant job with both.

Carol L said...

This card has stolen my heart big time! Oh my gosh, what a precious, adorable image this is, and your coloring is amazing! I love each version but my favorite is the 1st with that fun embossed background. LOVE the shimmer on the heart too! CUTE as all get out!!!

Davi said...

The first is SO pretty Vicki! You did a super job coloring the sweet image and the white and pink look so feminine! Pretty embossed background too :) The second on the kraft is very sweet! THe layers and shimmer to go with this little sweetie makes it adorable :)

JennyH said...

Awww, your cards are so sweet Vicki, I love them both. The bunnies look just as good on kraft as white : )

Debra K. said...

Oh, what sweet cards Vicki! They're both fantastic. Beautiful colouring of both of them and lovely designs. Doesn't Wink of Stella look lovely under Glossy accents, I must try that out. I was lucky enough to get some Prismacolor pencils for my Christmas/Birthday present (my birthday is on Thursday) and I'm just having a go with them now. I'll have to try on Kraft card if this one is successful. Debra x

Margreet said...

Love both your bunny cards Vicki...great how you mounted kraft on kraft!
Have a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

I forgot I got this one too, turned out so cute Vicki, love your colouring on kraft. Something I have not done for yonks.. thanks for inspiration.xx{aNNie}

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my how cute and adorable is that little bunny I love both cards so much Vicki the heart on the first one looks so squidgy, brilliant creations
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

These are both fabulous what an adorable image ans d love your colouring love and hugs Carole x

Donna said...

Adorable cards Vicki and I agree this little bunny is totally adorable! Might have to pop over and snap him up! I love the soft pink mat on the first card and he looks amazing on your craft card, your colouring is perfect! x♥ Donna ♥x

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Donna, love the cute bunny!
Hugs
Linda xxx

bumblebee creations said...

I love these cards, Vicki! I think I may just have to order that cross stitch die set! Thanks for putting the link to it!

Chrissy said...

He is adorable Vicki and your colouring is fabulous with copics AND pencils..2 gorgeous sweet cards.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Such zn adorable bunny!! Love the kraft xx

Dawn Frost said...

Both are adorable Vicki!

MiamiKel said...

Sensational bunny love on the blog today! I was so happy to spy Faith's image again and have prayed along with you, too. Your bunny cards are just too cute, not a favorite with these as they are both darling!

Happy weekend, my friend!

Monika Reeck said...

yaaay tooo cuuutee Vickiiiii
I love the first one with clips so clever you are and so lovely pink and heart embossed paper there
the second one so CAS so clean and so ooh I LOVEEE
great post and thanks for sharing your cuuute card
I love love love these
hugs
Monika

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, this is SO cute! I totally forgot to nab this one. Hope that the owner is doing better - she's a good person, and I wish her the best! Thanks for sharing these sweet cards with us!

Darnell said...

Any type of coloring you do is excellent, Vicki! In both cards you made that darling bunny so huggable and smoochable! You've given him so much personality and that heart treatment is divine!! Thank you for sharing both beautiful designs. I really appreciate that you got into the spirit of the optional theme on this week's NBUS and I thank you for playing in Challenge #8!! Hugs, Darnell

nwilliams6 said...

I am so in awe of how you color up your darling images and cards, Vicki. Hugz

Pia S said...

They're both so cute! I don't need valentines cards myself, but this little bunny can be used for other occasions as well. Your first card is nicely layered yet clean, as for your second one I'm impressed by your coloring on Kraft.

Tammy said...

These are adorable Vicki, I love that sweet bunnny image!! Beautiful design and embossing on your first card and your coloring on kraft is gorgeous on the second card!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

I love them both, Vicki, but I'm so impressed with your coloring on kraft! I'd just about given up coloring with alcohol markers on kraft because I'm never happy with the results but you've convinced me to try my polychromos pencils. Love your coloring on the first one also. Such an adorable bunny. :-D

Imke said...

Vicki, both cards are super cute but my favorit it the first one with pink and white. Your coloring is so great- love it. Thanks for sharing on {From the Heart Stamps} Facebook.

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Vickie, your bunny cards are so darling! Your coloring on both are amazing and I truly love the look of the white bunny on kraft! So beautifully turned out! May you have a lovely weekend.

Jerrie said...

Oh these bunnies are so sweet!

Pri Created said...

OMG...these cards are adorable Vicki...your colouring is perfect and I just love the cute bunnies..!!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are adorable. You did a great job coloring with both the pencils and the copics.

Suchi said...

Absolute cuteness!!! LOVED this card very much!! :)
Suchi xx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your bunny is so cute, sweet and your card is wonderful.
Great
Hugs Anja

Andrea, said...

Oh these are adoorable Vicki, this is the cutest image

Lynn McAuley said...

Boy, oh boy, am I loving these sweet bunnies, especially that one on kraft! Masterful design work, Vicki!

Thank you for the beautiful, sweet card you sent me. The love and prayers of friends have sustained me from day to day!

Team Clark said...

Oh my goodness Vicki! I just love this little guy and your beautiful coloring. Both are great. It's always a treat to see stamping and coloring on kraft. Big hugs, Autumn

Donna Ellis said...

Goodness! I love what you have done with your Prisma pencils - I enjoy using mine as well, and have started using the blender pencil less and less, and using the lighter complementary colors more and more when doing the blending. Your darling bunny is SO SWEET, especially with your shading (fantastic little area between his ears)

Your little "copic colored" bunny is sweet as can be, with all the little hearts dancing around him, and those adorable pink cheeks! LOL SO CUTE!

huggers, Vicki!
xo

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, that bunny is adorable! Super sweet cards!

MaryH said...

Saw your Bunny at Darnell's NBUS & zipped over to see closer. I'm with you on the copics being my preferred way to color, as I'm awful with pencils. I have the Prismacolors, but find them too 'waxy' for me. I tried to work with the polychromos as they are oil based, and blend (just a bit) easier for me. Still not very well. I need LOTS of practice with the pencils! I think BOTH of your bunnies turned out beautifully, and you've got the white pencil done splendidly. You've achieved such softness, yet still have some bright color over the kraft base. The heart shows up very well, and of course, I love the xstitch rectangle. I think your pencil coloring is really great! Wish I could color with pencils that well! (Your copic coloring is wonderful too!) TFS & Hugs

Unique trunk creations said...

sooooo cute.. clean and neat.. loved this..Thanks for participating Brown sugar challenge blog
- Afreen ( BSCB DT)

Rahmat said...

How cute! I love the way the 2 panels are held, and the dry embossed background looks perfect with the front.

Nonni said...

wow Vicki! Amazing coloring in both of these and what a cute cute bunny! I absolutely adore both of these!

Asha said...

Oh my goodness! That bunny rabbit is just toooooo cute!
x Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...