"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year- New GDT- New STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge

Hello again friends!
(scroll down or CLICK HERE to see my post for Cute Card Thursday)

I'm VERY excited to be kicking off this year with my first official posting as a guest designer for the awesome STAMPlorations CAS card challenges!  I'm thrilled to be joining with them for the next 3 months!  I do hope you'll enjoy following along with me here too!

To start this year's challenge, here's a great one to get you going:
CAS Card Challenge #13 - Silver or Gray 
(Be sure to check out the blog for details on how to enter your creations.)

Since this is such a happy occasion and a great time to "celebrate" with the New Year and all things "new", I thought that this particular card would be a good one to start with:
I certainly feel like celebrating and I wanted to reflect that on my first CAS challenge card!  (I think this would also make for a great birthday style card too for a male or female!)
The STAMPlorations stencils are so much fun to work with, so I took the "bubbly" Retro Circles stencil and covered it with white embossing paste over some watercolor paper.

I waited for the paste to dry and then took my Gansi Tambi watercolors and brushed some blue and teal colors over top of the paste.  I even splattered a few drops over top.  After the watercolor was dried, I added some spray shimmer mist over top for some shimmer.  (It's hard to see in the photo above, but check out the photo below.)  I then mounted the watercolor panel onto a piece of silver foil card stock and mounted that onto an A2 sized side folding card base.

I then cut out the fun  Celebrate CUTplorations die from silver foil card stock and then used some liquid glue to attach it to the front of my card.  I decided to add some sparkly silver, clear and star sequins to finish it off with.  I then added some silver Nuvo glitter drops to the centers of each one.

Here's a closer look at the card:
Here you can better see the silver foil and how it shines.  You can also see a better look at the sparkly sequins with the glittery centers as well as some of the shimmer over the embossed and watercolor background on my design.

**I also have another bit of exciting news to share with all of my readers**:
Shery of STAMPlorations is very generous and kind to not only myself, but to all of my blog readers as well!  She is offering a special discount code to all of you!  Since I am a guest for the next 3 months with her, she is offering a 20% discount for anything in her store including sale items!  So when you go shopping, be sure to use this code at checkout:
STAMPGIRLVICKIP
(this is not case sensitive & remember it cannot be combined with other discount codes.)
I will leave this discount code underneath the STAMPlorations DT badge at the sidebar of my blog in case you forget and need to grab it real quick while you are shopping.  ENJOY!! :)

Hope you will be sure to stop by the CAS challenge to check it out and come play along!
I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today as well as celebrating with me too!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  AAA Cards - Silver


2.  Less is More - Dimension


3.  Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge - Anything Goes
with optional twist: stencil:


4.  Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - stencil


5.  Crafting by Designs -  January Anything Goes

6.  Crafty Creations - Anything goes

7.  The Male Room - anything goes

58 comments:

Babs Watson said...

Lovely background Vicki pretty sequins and I love your silvery celebration.

Hugs Babs x

Fiki said...

very beautiful card!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous background Vicki, love the colours and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

A fabulous design with the textures and colours Vicki..love the die cut "Celebrate"and the sequins and would be perfect for either gender..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations! You've hit the ground running with this stunning card. Loving the techniques x

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot! That is so awesome! Your card is beautiful, I love the stencil you used and the colors too! The silver celebrate looks perfect!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful use of the stencil and watercolors on this amazing card! It's gorgeous. It might be CAS to you, but it looks like an amazing piece of artwork hanging in a gallery, Vicki! Love the soft watercolors you chose - vibrant, and yet, soft. Congrats on your GDT position, too! hugs, de

Pia S said...

This is an interesting and colorful design with no stamping but lots of attention put into the background panel. Delicate, contemporary and gender neutral! I love that about a card. Congrats on your gdt spot!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Vicki! I LOVE that background and the touches of silver! Congrats on your GDT spot, looking forward to seeing all of your creations!
Hugs, Tammy

Pink Unicorn said...

What a fun card, and that is one of my favourite stencils! Love the colours and gorgeous silver sentiment. So glad you are joining the team as a guest designer!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with all the beautiful blue color and wonderful texture you've added! Congrats on your DT guest spot also - they're lucky to have you added to the team!

Linda said...

Love the coloured embossed background, and the touches of silver really pop! xx

Ina G said...

Love that stencil too Vicki and 'thanks' for the tip on how you made such an amazing background. Perfect for that silver sentiment. Nice touch with the sequins. Fabulous card. Isn't it 'exciting' being part of the STAMPlorations talent? We will have so much fun.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card great textured stencilling and love the font-congrats on your GDT
carol x

Lois said...

I love that background! Super card. I'm happy to be able to play along with you for the next three months as guest designers.

Patti J said...

Congrats on your guest spot! They are very lucky to have you, my friend! Beautiful card...the silver sentiment is perfect for a celebration card!

Davi said...

Congats Vicki!! Of course your card is beautiful~~ Love the swirly texture and colours!!

sandie said...

Congrats on your GD and am amazing card for this challenge. Your embossed background with the paste gives superb texture and the subtle change in colour is just perfect. Thanks for joining AAA and HLS CAS challenge

Lozzy T said...

Congratulations Vicki and your card is stunning with your design..Hugs Lozzy xx Happy New Year x

Margreet said...

Awesome CAS card Vicki...congrats on your GD position and good luck!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Yay, congrats, Great team to be GD on as well. Lovely colours on this gorgeous creation...fabulous design.xx{aNNie}

Jane said...

Wonderful card, brilliant technique and gorgeous colours, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Jen Nelson said...

love the inking and embossing
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week
Jen xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki I really love that background it makes you want to reach our and touch it, top notch work
hugs
lorraine x

Kathyk said...

I am loving this, pretty much EVERYTHING about it!

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Yummy, fun, sparkly and bright. Great use of dimension and colour here with loads of eye-popping elements. A very Happy New Year to you and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More, HLS - CAS challenge and AAA Cards this week.
Sarah x

Suchi said...

Wow!!! Such a stunning card- Amazing background!! :)

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, I love how you made the background and that shiny silver sentiment is fabulous! Great use of the sequins, too. A belated Happy New Year to you and yours now that I'm finally back home from my Christmas holiday travels. :-D

Esther said...

What a beautiful, elegant card! So eye catching and pretty <3 Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More, and Happy New Year! PS - just for future, we have a limit of 5 challenge entries including our own x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

very pretty! Love your background!!!

Michelle said...

Vicki, your card is absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous background you created! Thanks for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge!

Heidi Stamps said...

Your card is super fun! I love how blended and pretty the watercolors are!

Aileen Ryan said...

Vicki love this card, the colours used and the embossed background all perfect. Looks fantastic

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

Neets B said...

A gorgeous card, Vicki, with great dimension. Love the colours with the glossy silver. Such a shame you've linked to more than 5 for Less is More but thanks so much for linking up there and at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning card Vicki, love the beautiful blues and greens on the background, the silver really pops against them...so pretty!

Thank you so much for your words of support over on my blog, I really appreciate your kind words :) Donna ♥ x

laurie said...

What an fun background Vicki. I LOVE blue and teal. Congrats on you GD spot...your cards are always so awesome!!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is so wonderful - your background is great... fantastic
Wish you a nice day
Hugs Anja

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful that background is so special I love the colours and textures so pleased for your GDT spot this is an amazing card. Happy New Year to you and your family love and hugs Carole x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Vicki, the embossed background is so beautiful and the silver foil is so elegant.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Donna said...

This is stunning Vicki! Congrats on your GDT spot, well chosen!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wonderful inspiration, Vicki! Beautiful colors and background. I also like silver glow sentiment.
hugs,
BozenA

Melissa L. said...

Ohhh, so cool, Vicki!!! I love your watercolor background made with one of my favorites, Retro Circles! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers' Watercolor Challenge for January! I hope you'll continue to come back and play along.

Gwendolyn said...

What a great way to use the stencil, gorgeous!

MaryH said...

I love the stencils I've gotten from Stamplorations, (But not gotten this one yet). I love the way you've paste embossed the circles, then washed with the watercolors. Adding that fabulous sheen of the sentiment die took it right over the top. It's very CAS, but the pattern of the embossing is quite intricate. Happy New Year. TFS & Hugs

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Vicki, love the colours and embossed detail

MiamiKel said...

How beautiful! What a gorgeous swirl of paints and colors! A vision this is - so much texture and gorgeousness ♥

nwilliams6 said...

Love the patterns and texture on this - you did a fab job on this capturing a celebration. Hugz

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the texture of those circles and the colours are just fab (I like cool colours). The die cut sentiment goes with it so well and I do like the splash of bling too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Anything Goes challenge. Deborah, DT.

Andreja L. said...

You made such a beautiful male card :-)) I like the beautiful embossing background.
Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Monika Reeck said...

Kuretake Gansai Tambi is adorable on your embossing with white paste here
I will try your idea my friend
adorable sentiment and looks so beautiful your embossing miss Vicki
I love this one too
hugs
Monika

Rocky said...

Lovely texture to this with a great colour choice, thank you for joining us at TMR.

Anna-Karin said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I could not resist and I had to play with STAMPlorations seeing this great card!
Hugs,
BożenA

Lola said...

Wow, such a gorgeous background. Lovely card.

Diane said...

Fabulous background Vicki with the lovely silver lettering.

Hugs Diane

Jenny Colacicco said...

So cool!! I'm a huge fan of embossing paste and watercolour so totally in love with your card. I especially love the silver sentiment - it really pops against the blue. Thank you so much for sharing at HLS and AAA! Jenny x

Linda said...

Hello again ..... great use of the circle stencil and I do love the colours. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...