Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Be My Valentine for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Welcome to February!  Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!
I'd like to share a card I made for a new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is "Be My Valentine" - perfect for getting love mail done! :)
We can't wait to see what you come up with!

I couldn't resist using some new Lawn Fawn I have in my stash for this one:
I thought this mailbox was so stinkin' cute and perfect for sending a card in the mail to someone!
So I've used the Lawn Fawn Happy Mail dies to make the mailbox and the little envelopes with the hearts.  I have used different papers for the colors I wanted on my design.  I cut the mailbox with Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper card stock and then took a strip of LF Perfectly Plaid Christmas papers for the strip across the mailbox. (It ended up being perfect because it has a bit of pink in it!)  I also took some silver metallic paper to attach to the inside of the mailbox as well as for the post of the mailbox.  I added the flag cut with the Chili Pepper paper and then added a gray brad to hold in place on the mailbox.  For the envelopes cut with the die, I ended up using some distress inks to give the edges some shadow.  I cut the hearts out in red and pink and then stamped a smile face from the Lawn Fawn Love Letters stamp set.  (Which is where the sentiments came from as well.)  I stuck the smile envelope inside the mailbox and stuck the other one in the snow.

For the background behind the mailbox, I took the LF Cross-Stitched rectangle die to cut a piece of Ranger watercolor paper and then blended some blue distress inks gradually fading towards the bottom.  I sprayed the panel with water and then added some splatters of shimmer spray.  I also took the tiny solid heart from the LF Love Letters set and stamped it randomly in the background with silver ink.  I also took the sentiment from the same set and stamped the sentiment at the top with black ink.

For the snowdrifts, I took the LF Stitched Hillside Borders and cut out a couple of snow borders and then used the same Cross-Stitched die to match with the borders along the edges.  I popped the top snow hill with foam tape and stamped the sentiment on it before I attached it.  This mailbox panel was attached to a piece of pink card stock that was cut with the LF Fancy Scalloped Rectangle die and then mounted onto a top folding A2 sized LF Chili Pepper card base.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can better see the details of the background including the stamped silver hearts all over.  You can also see the shine from the silver metallic pieces of the mailbox.
This card was so much fun to put together!  Now to send it out to a special Valentine! :)

I hope you will join us this week and please be sure to stop by the challenge blog to check out the rest of the inspiration from the design team!
Thanks so much for stopping by...I'll be back shortly, so stay tuned in!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


CHALLENGES:
1.  Come and Get It - 3 or more layers

2.  {Cupcake Inspirations} CIC392 - Plaid

3.  Crafty Cardmakers - Love, Love, Love

4.  Tuesday Throwdown - Love Notes

5.  Crafting by Designs - February Anything Goes

6.  Creative with Stamps - Valentine




40 comments:

Debra K. said...

Hi Vicki. You do cute cards so wonderfully and this one is no exception! So many gorgeous little details to feast the eyes on. The little envelopes which look fab with the inked edges and hearts especially with a smiley face. The silver of the mailbox and those cute silver stars.... I could go on and on :). Suffice to say I just love it! Debra x

Margreet said...

Adorable Valentines card Vicki! Lovely background too!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet valentine's card Vicki, sign of true love. ♥♥
{aNNie}

Fiki said...

love this! it is so sweet card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my goodness this is SO very sweet Vicki!! I adore your background!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love that sweet mailbox with happy mail sticking out! Love the colors!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh so CUTE, Vicki! The detail in your beautiful design is amazing, from the pulled down down, to the plaid siding, to the smiling face on the envy with the tiny hearts, and gorgeously made background! I love everything about your card - the colors, details, textures, and layers! WOWOWOW! Wishing you a wonderful day! hugs, de

Imke said...

Beautiful Valentine Card, Vickie and i totally like the blue Background.

PS: Did you see that {From the Heart Stamps} is back with a Blog Hop and also the FREE Stamp of the Month Challenge ? Check it out !

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful Valentine's card Vicki.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi Stamps said...

Oh my goodness! This is soooo cute! I love everything including those tiny hearts in the background.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How adorable! I love the DP's-great colors, and that little heart with a smiley face is awesome!!!

Chrissy said...

Gosh, I love this one too Vicki..that little smiley face on the envelope is so adorable and I love the dimensions here...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

jimlynn said...

Super cute and pretty! Love that little mailbox.
Lynn

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Vicki, super cute!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Sarah said...

This is so sweet. Love the design here xx

crafty-stamper said...

This is brilliant Vicki love the tumbling letters and background sky
Carol x

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki! I love that fun mailbox and all of the dies you used, so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Bunny said...

This is super cute. I love it. Don't know how you can part with it. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Carol L said...

They just don't come any cuter than this one! I love every single detail, including the great sentiment fonts, but especially that little heart with the smiley face! Lawn Fawn just knows how to do "CUTE" and so do you :)

NanaConnie said...

So cute, Vicki, and I love the plaid paper on the mailbox!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and detailed card Vicki!
Love the dimension!

Wendy Bellino said...

Talk about happy mail! I ♥ this! Your snowy background is FABU and I love the plaid mailbox. Sooooo cute! So glad you could join the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Wendy DT

JD/ Jill said...

Yes! It is cute! Cute! Cute! Made me smile the minute I looked at the card!

Helen F. said...

Oh Vicki, your card is just too darling! Definitely putting a smile on the recipient's face!
Thanks for playing along in this month's challenge at Creative With Stamps!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love that mailbox.

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute! Who wouldn't like a plaid mailbox! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Pia S said...

I love that mailbox, I'll be on the hunt for these supplies. Great idea to give the inside a metallic look. Great job on the snowy inked background too.

Birgit said...

Such a fabulous card! I want my mailbox to look just like that. ;0)
So glad you linked it up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Indy's Designs said...

This is the happiest little mail I've ever seen! So glad you were inspired to join us this week for our plaid challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you join us again tomorrow for a new, fun challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Dotty Jo x said...

So glad you've joined us at Creative with Stamps this month, your card is gorgeous and I love that happy little heart! Jo x

Donna said...

This is just adorable, fabulous scene and great take on the cupcake challenge with the plaid!

Ek Gorman said...

What a beautiful card. I really love how special you made your plaid from our theme in your design. This card really couldn't be more cute.\! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

Sherri Thacker said...

Oh how I love that mailbox die. So cute!!

Dawn Frost said...

I love your mailbox card!

Lilian YF said...

So cute! Love that background, too!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Peggy T. said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us for our Love, Love, Love challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers

Peggy
DT Member

Monika Reeck said...

yayy too cuuutee
the background is funtastic
the smile on the heart is cuute
the tiny envelope I LOVEEEE
sweet DIE you have miss Vicki
and the sentiment in red oh I am in love
I never think to stamp in red
will remember your idea
Thanks for sharing Vicki
LOVE THIS CARD!!
many thanks too for joining us at Creative with Stamps this month (happy you added stamp sentiment :))

Lola said...

Incredibly cute and LOVE the background!!

Eunice Beckmann said...

A really cute card for valentine :) Love the sprinkled background!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative with Stamps this month :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...