Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Beastie Bubbles

Hello friends!
I hope you are having a great weekend so far!  Are you ready for the Super Bowl?
I know some watch and some would rather just stamp...I'm doing both! LOL!

So before I "get my game on" I'm stopping by quickly to share a card with you that I wanted to squeeze in before a couple of challenges ended which was what this was intended for:
When I saw this ADORABLE stamp set, I knew at some point I was going to get it...it's just taken me this long to finally break it out for a play!  You probably have already seen this out and about before, but it's the My Favorite Things Beast Friends.  I have to say that it is about the cutest Yeti/monster fellow that I've seen...love his smile! :)

So speaking of my NBUS (never before used stuff), I also wanted to play along with Darnell's NBUS challenge before it ends!  This week she has us playing with bubble wrap!  The last time I've played with bubble wrap, I used on a mixed media project last Spring at a retreat that I went to.  I put paint on it to add to a background for my snowman canvas.  So this time, I wanted to try something a bit different.  I decided to emboss the bubble wrap by stamping it with VersaMark ink and heat embossing it with white EP.  I used the ink resist technique to blend the colors in the background over it.  (I really like the unique look of the design from the bubble wrap!)

I used the colors and the sketch from the MFT challenges to help me put together my card.
(see details below post.)

Here's a closer view of the details:
I have colored my "beastie" with Copics and cut him out with the coordinating dies.  I've popped him up with foam squares over a cut strip of gray card stock as well as another piece cut with the MFT Sitched Oval dies.  I thought he was a bit lost with the background and wanted to ground him in front of the gray.  I think the tiny touches of black on my card make him pop out better as well.  I even stamped his little foot prints in the corner and added a couple of black enamel dots to finish it off.  I've added some white gel dots to his cheeks and cup.  I also took a black gel pen to pop out his eyeballs.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, the Superbowl game or whatever it is you're doing! :)
Thanks for dropping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Darnell's NBUS challenge - #10 optional theme:  Bubble Wrap
(I've used my "Beast Friends" stamp set for NBUS)


2.  My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge (MFTWSC318)


3.  My Favorite Things Color Challenge


4.  Cards and More - Pets & other Furry Friends

5.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark (Copic coloring)

35 comments:

Donna said...

This is just fabulous, cute "beastie" and like how you embossed your bubble wrap background, great take on the NBUS!

Mac Mable said...

As always your attention to detail is fabulous. Not seen the bubble wrap versamarked and heat embossed...thank you for the inspiration. Yes he is one cute monster and just love how you've finished your card with the black accents, makes all the difference x.

Fiki said...

love this adorable card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Gwendolyn said...

Thas so cute! Love the unusual background too.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant embossed background-might have to try that would have been perfect for the bubble image I am posting tomorrow-love the cute little yeti too
Carol x

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Vicki this is so cute!!! I love your background... gorgeous blending! The little Yeti is adorable and colored beautifully and I definitely love that you heat embossed the bubble wrap! This is a great card, thanks for sharing! You should definitely link up in our Funday Friday challenge. It is now always anything goes each week.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Carol L said...

I love how you used the bubble wrap to create this background! It's so frosty looking, and just perfect for that chilly little critter! Love love love those tiny footprints too - what a fun addition ;)

Heidi Stamps said...

Your embossed bubble wrap imprint looks really good! I like the Yeti a lot, especially the little feet at the bottom!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous background and love the little Yeti.
Hugs
Linda xxx

NanaConnie said...

This is just so darling, Vicki. What s sweet little Yeti. Love how you used those colors and that bubble wrap background is fabulous!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a darling card! The background is fantastic and little cute Yeti is absolutely cute. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Chrissy said...

He is very cute Vicki and I love your bubble wrap background..gorgoeus cute card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

OMG, I love embossed bubble wrap...this has to be a winning card Vicki!! The little monster is super cute too!! xx

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki! I love that little monster and your bubble wrap background is absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to try that technique for sure!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful background you are just so clever this is a stunning creation and love your new things Love and hugs Carole x

laurie said...

That bubble wrap idea sure is fun! Cute card...love that fun image. AND the feet:)

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute image...and a lovely background! How clever of you to use versamark with the bubble wrap...what a neat technique!

MiamiKel said...

How darling this is, Vicki!! I have the YETI from the TAWS set, but this one is just darling! I love the bubble wrap background (I was curious as to what it was, I thought it was a pencil eraser top at first, LOL!) but read onward) - nicely done, looks like he's wrapped up in snow! Another fabulous card, my friend! INky hugs ♥

jimlynn said...

Cute little beastie! Love your coloring on this and the background is so unique and pretty. Fantastic!
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Great bubble wrap card Vicki, this technique always looks interesting and I love it.xx{aNNie}

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love the embossed bubble wrap technique you used, it is such a unique background! I would never have thought to use bubble wrap, but now I have to order something just so I can get my hands on some bubble wrap to try this out! It looks awesome and I love the face on the little beastie!!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with the bubble technique, Vicki...and your monster is the cutest!
xxx Margreet

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card thanks for sharing!!!

Pia S said...

Cute stamps! Love those little bigfoot prints there too. And the bubble wrap stamping is so fun!

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Very very cute Vickie and love your background! Great MFT sketch and you carried it out so beautifully! I have trouble following sketches. No wonder my cards so plain boring in layout. Haha. Have a lovely day Vickie.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I love the background.

Darnell said...

Ah, man, you popped out his eyeballs?! Haha. I agree with you, Vicki, he really is the cutest! And I have to say I love, love, love the bubble wrap white-heat-embossed! It really made a perfect background for your little guy!! Thank you very much for playing in NBUS #10 and joining in the optional theme! Hugs, Darnell

Asha said...

The bubble wrap background is such a fun technique. I ned to give it a go. It's perfect for the card design and isn't the little beastie a cutie?!
hugs, Asha

Patti J said...

Very cute, and so unique! Love the background, and now I have visions of you popping eyeballs out! Lol....

Nonni said...

Great idea to use the bubble wrap for heat embossing it, very original idea! Love the color palette and especially the white dots on your little monster's mug, I love using white gel pen too!

cm said...

Oh my stars! Not only is your yeti absolutely adorable, but how fantastic is that bubble-wrap background you've created for him! Cuteness to the nth degree...and the little footprints (three toes, no less...tee hee) are charming! LOVE!
Hugs~carol

Lori said...

What a sweet, fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards und More xoxoox

Monika Reeck said...

You made me aaah and ooh
that bubble wrap on your card is STUNNING point
and the image soo cuuute
the colors are perfecto
Vicki you are so clever use the bubble wrap tech.
ADORABLE CARD Vicki

scrapgrit said...

Un cute card. thanks for the participation on the challenge of card ans More. Hugs Margrit

Lola said...

That really is such an impressive background! Your little Yeti is also a real cutie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...