Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Love TAGplorations Blog Hop - Day 1

Hello friends!
I'm excited to be apart in sharing this special event:
 STAMPlorations Love TAGplorations Blog Hop & Linky Party

You will find the full details about how to enter and play along as well as the list of possible prizes to be won at the STAMPlorations blog!  You will also have plenty of chances to win as well as lots of inspiration to see...so be sure to check it out!
(click on the badge above to be taken to  the Day 1 blog hop post!)

I hope you will be joining along with us today and every following day for this 7 day event!  The final day will actually be on Valentine's Day.  We're sharing love-themed /Valentine tags or projects with tags on it.

Today is Day 1 and here's the tag that I've made to share:
For my first tag I was going for an elegant look especially when I saw this stunning Clustered Hearts die to play with!  (This is one of the newly released products by STAMPlorations this month.)

You'll notice that the die has a cool feature with it which cuts out this delicate frame around it separate from the solid hearts so you could use that alone by itself to have a cool look to it or you could even use some of the solid hearts themselves.  (There are 3 different sizes in this die.)  If you take a look closely at my background, you can see that I've used a couple of the solid hearts that I cut out of vellum on my background and attached them with a glue stick.  For me, this is the best way to add vellum without seeing glue marks behind it.

For the main image, I've used this die to make a "stain glass" look on my hearts.  I took the die and cut it out with some gold foil card stock, used the frame for my design and glued down several frame pieces together to get the thickness that I wanted with it and used the gold frame for the one on top.  I also cut this die out from several different colors like pink, red and rose colored card stock.  I inlaid the colored hearts inside the gold frame and then added an additional tiny solid gold heart over the large pink heart.  Because I layered all of those frames together, it sticks out further than the inside hearts which creates a small "well" for each heart.  I covered each heart with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and then covered the inside of each heart with a thick layer of glossy accents.  With the frame, this makes it all look like stained glass.

For the tag, I've used the STAMPlorations ATC Tag Builder die to create my tag.  I inked up the edges with some pink ink and then spritzed it with some gold shimmer spray.  I gold heat embossed the sentiment from the new STAMPlorations A Full Heart stamp set and added some pink seam binding ribbon and tied it off with some gold thread.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the glossy shine of the stained glass hearts and the glitter underneath from the Wink of Stella pen.  I think this makes it look more like the stain glass.  You can also better see the faint vellum hearts in the background.

Thanks so much for dropping by!  I hope you've enjoyed my tag and got inspired!
Be sure to check out the list of blogs to visit from the STAMPlorations blog - Day 1 post and check out the details on how to increase your chances of winning!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
1.  The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes with optional:  add a sentiment

2.  Creative Corner - Perfectly Pink

3.  Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday - Anything Goes


55 comments:

MariLynn said...

WOWZERS! I was drawn right away to the heart clusters on your tag. It reminded me of a Cloisonné. I bet that took a lot of patience to wait for that glossy accents to dry. Great tag.

Heidi Stamps said...

That is sooooo pretty! I love that you added some glitter before you put the glossy accents on. Great focal point!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How I love this tag! Love the vellum hearts, but absolutely love the stained glass look with the smaller hearts- and all in different colors. Awesome!!!

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Diane said...

Fabulous layers Vicki, the vellum and glossy accents make a gorgeous design.

Hugs Diane

vinita jain said...

Fabulous stained glass look, look like a jewel piece, totally remarkable job done!

Mac Mable said...

Wow those die cuts hearts look fabulous. Delicate and pretty background and do so love how you've done those hearts x

Chrissy said...

So pretty Vicki and I love the dimension of the hearts..gorgeous tag.

luv CHRISSYxx

MaryH said...

Love the Stamplorations products that I've gotten so far. Will have to check out this one! Love the way you've done the gold frames around these glassy (or should that be ?glossy?) hearts. It really does look like jewels. Lovely tag, and I like this one very much! TFS

Asha said...

Oh-my-word!!! I am loving the pink-gold combo. The heart die is a must-have ... I want I want I want! LOL The simplicity of this tag makes it pretty special.
hugs, Asha

Lori Kobular said...

What a great Valentine Tag! I love the gold and shiny together! So lovely!

Fiki said...

it is so pretty tag!
love it!
hugs

Sarah said...

Wow!! Those hearts look incredible, just like expensive enamelling you clever thing xx

Marsha said...

Oh my goodness. What a fabulous creation. LOVE how you used the dies. The glossy accents is so beautiful.

Kim said...

Love all the sparkles and the gold embossing is awesome :)

M Strach said...

Gorgeous! - so pretty and delicate :) Love it!

Donna said...

This is absolutely amazing Vicki, like the depth of the hearts and great design on your tag!

Carol L said...

What a great combination of elements that make up this stunning tag! The heart cluster looks amazing and I love the gold embossing toO!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I love the clustered hearts die & I can't wait to purchase it. Love how you added the glossy accents to give a stained glass feel.

Ina G said...

Wow! Vicki this is drop dead gorgeous amazing and simply beeeeeeeeeutiful. I am in awe of it's beauty. Stunning!

Sue said...

What a unique die, love how it works. Beautiful elegant tag, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki. Your faux stained glass hearts are Stunning! Your glossy accents turned out beautifully...so smooth and your colors are beautiful. TFS Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

All I can do is sigh with delight, absolutely beautiful tag and love that die.xx{aNNie}

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Vicki this is absolutely beautiful, wow, the dies, the glossy hears and embossed sentiment are pure magic
hugs
lorraine x

Suchi said...

This is stunning Vicki! So innovative and fun!! :)Suchi xx

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this tag is stunning!! I love the stain glasses effect and all of the sparkle, so beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Gorgeous!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I love the way you've used the die to make it look like stained glass.

Patti J said...

What a great idea! Will have to give this a try. Beautiful tag, Vicki!

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Valentine's tag and just adore the hearts.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! So beautiful..love the heart cluster so much..

MiamiKel said...

OH Vicki, it will be 7 days of beauty!! WHat a lovely tag, from the soft shading to the gorgeous glossy hearts - swoon! Stunning, my friend! ♥

Dee Earnshaw said...

Gorgeous tag and Wow your stained glass hearts are so beautifully made:)

Julie B said...

That clustered heart die is fab isn't it? Love the stained glass effect you've used. :)

Valerija said...

What an amazing and romantic tag. Great job!
Valerija xx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Oh, Vicki!! Very beautiful tag! Very sweet and delicate. I love it

Lola said...

I would have never known that was a die. So pretty and dimensional. Love all the little see thru hearts.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful tag and love those hearts they look like metal embellishments
Carol x

Jennifer Earley said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooo pretty!

Preety said...

such a pretty tag :)

Ann said...

So pretty and love the stained glass look you added to the hearts.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome effect with the Clustered Hearts die! Beautiful tag!

Craftyfield said...

Wow! I love the stain glass hearts...a lot of work but definitely worth it!

Kathy M said...

Your hearts are perfect! thanks for inspiration.

Nonni said...

THE perfect Valentine's day tag! I love your use of this die, all the shimmer looks just amazing.

Helen Budz said...

Thanks for sharing the great way your created your heart cluster design! It makes this tag a true valentine for someone special.

Jerrie said...

I love this tag! The hearts wrapped in gold and the stain glass look...awesome!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful tag.
Love the layering of the die cut
and the topping with the gold.
thanks for sharing.

Sue LD said...

THis is so pretty--I like the stained glass look.

cm said...

Consider the 'elegant' impact accomplished, with a rating of A++++! Delicate, pretty, sophisticated...what else to say, except: I love this!
Hugs~carol

Pia S said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Love the metallic frame look of the multiple layered die cuts, and the hearts look like they're made of stained glass. Such a fantastic look!

Dawn Frost said...

I never thought of using glossy accents like that, very nice and elegant!

Trina P. said...

Love that cluster hearts die and what you did. The dimensions and details are amazing.

Monika Reeck said...

WOWZAAAAAA
stunning that glossy accent looks like the glass love love love this Vicki
another fav from you for today what I see

cohenna said...

Thank you so much for joining at The Crafty Addicts February challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...