Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Love TAGplorations Blog Hop - Day 3

Hello friends!
I'm excited to be apart in sharing this special event:
 STAMPlorations Love TAGplorations Blog Hop & Linky Party
~This is DAY 3~
You will find the full details about how to enter and play along as well as the list of possible prizes to be won at the STAMPlorations blog!  You will also have plenty of chances to win as well as lots of inspiration to see...so be sure to check it out!
(click on the badge above to be taken to  the Day 3 blog hop post!)

I hope you will be joining along with us today and every following day for this 7 day event!  The final day will actually be on Valentine's Day.  We're sharing love-themed /Valentine tags or projects with tags on it.

Today is Day 3 and here's the tag that I've made to share:
I've made a fun, colorful tag with an attached shaker tag filled with colorful confetti hearts!
To start my tag, I've used the STAMPlorations Luggage Tags Nesting dies to cut out a tag with the largest die from the set using white card stock.  I randomly stamped the double hearts image from the A Full Heart stamp set with VersaMark ink and let it dry as is.  I then used my distress inks and ink blending tool to rub various inks over the tag.  The hearts show through because the VersaMark resisted the inks.  I then heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set with white EP and added some stitch line around the edges with my white gel pen.

For the vellum shaker tag, I cut a smaller tag from the dies twice with vellum and then once with gold foil card stock.  I cut the middle of the gold tag out to create a frame for the vellum to show through.  I gold heat embossed the double hearts I used in the background as well as the sentiment from the A Full Heart stamp set over the vellum tag.  I attached all three tags together leaving the glue off of the top of the tags so that I could put the hearts inside.  I took more solid hearts from the Clustered Hearts die and used those for the confetti inside the vellum tag shaker.  I've attached both tags together with some sheer white ribbon and tied it off with some gold cord.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the confetti hearts on the inside of the vellum tag as well as a closer look at the gold foil card stock tag frame and gold embossing details.  I've also added some shimmer inside of the gold embossed hearts with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.


Thanks so much for dropping by!  I hope you've enjoyed my tag and got inspired!
Be sure to check out the list of blogs to visit from the STAMPlorations blog - Day 3 post and check out the details on how to increase your chances of winning!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sweet Stampin' - Love is in the Air

2.  House of Cards - Love theme and/or Colors below:


3.  Use Your Stuff - Love is in the Air (add hearts)

4.  Tuesday Throwdown (TT329) - Heart Strings (feature a hearts/ribbon/twine)

41 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a fun tag Vicki, love the confetti in the vellum pouch...gorgeous xx

Heidi Stamps said...

The colors are sooo cool and I love the little vellum pouch tag! That is super fancy!

vinita jain said...

Love this cool vellum shaker one in pretty colors!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous tag and such a cool idea with the vellum shaker.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

So unique...Never seen the idea of a small shaker tag attached to the main tag. Gorgeous colours and blending and I love it! Thank you so much for the wonderful inspiration x

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Beautiful tag with the "shaker tag".
Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge
Maria Pilar DT

Margreet said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki! Don't know if I can join as I'm still on vacation.
xxx Margreet

Glennis said...

a lovely double tag Vicky, what a sweet idea

Craftyfield said...

Love the hot colours of the background, love the vellum shaker, it's just gorgeous!

MariLynn said...

So creative to have a double tag, with one of them being a shaker tag. Love the colors you used.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love everything about this double layered tag from the vellum to the cute little gold hearts:)

Christi Conley said...

What a fantastic project! Both of your tags are filled with love but I adore shaker stuff so your little golden shaker tag is my fav. Thank you so much for playing with us at House of Cards ~ Christi DT

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant idea shaker tag love the little hearts inside
Carol x

Sue said...

Another really cute tag, loving the gold frame around it and the shaker effect. Very unique, Vicki.

HUgs
Sue

Lori Kobular said...

I love the shaker tag attached to the colorful bigger tag! The little gold hearts are such a sweet touch! Great job on this tag!

Carol L said...

This creative tag is amazing!! I just love all the hearts inside the vellum shaker, and the gold accents have such a touch of elegance! Love this one!

Fiki said...

Wonderful tag!
Great colors!
Havec a nice day!
Hugs ❤

Ann said...

So pretty. Love the gold you added and the white stitching.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the shaker tag with hearts!

Ina G said...

You really are spoiling us with your Tag Talents Vicki. Another outstanding beautiful piece of art. Full of WOW!

Debra K. said...

Another fabulous tag Vicki! Love the addition of the little shaker tag made with vellum, a really lovely idea. Cute little details too like the embossed hearts with sparkle in them.
Sorry I've missed your other but I've been unwell so I'll have a quick look now. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Another delightful tag and just loving the colour combo..xx{aNNie}

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is such a sweet 'Love' themed tag! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' crew this week. Love what you did for our 'Love Is In The Air' Challenge. Love the wee vellum shaker!! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Helen Budz said...

So beautifully designed. Great idea to incorporate the vellum with hearts element into your tag design. Thanks for sharing this.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Love the double layer tag. Love hat it has a shaker element - my favorite.

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning, like the variety of techniques on this double tag Vicki, have a great weekend!

Jerrie said...

What a nice tag and I love the rich gold tones~

Mary Holshouser said...

Great layering of the tags.
The gold framing on the small one
really looks great.
thanks for sharing.

missgailly said...

So cool! Love how you did the double tag. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

laurie said...

What an awesome tag! I love the gold and vellum combo..so pretty!

Donna said...

Another stunning design Vicki, such pretty colours with a perfect gold accent...love it! :) x♥xDonnax♥x

cm said...

Swooning over your lovely tags ensemble, Vicki! This is a gift in and of itself! Another dazzling delight!
Hugs~carol

Patti J said...

Another gorgeous tag, my friend!!! Always love to pop in here for inspiration :) You rock!

Dawn Frost said...

Neat a double tag, I'll have to case this!

Valerija said...

Fabulous shaker tag. Love everything about it!
Valerija xx

Suchi said...

This is so cute and adorable!!
Suchi xx

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki, I love all of the gold and the cute little shaker portion!
Hugs, Tammy

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Love the vellum and gold.

Pia S said...

A tag with a shaker tag, I don't think I've seen this before. Clever and pretty! My mind goes blank in 99,9% of the times I sit down attempting to make one.... so little space, but I see there are still many possibilities...

Monika Reeck said...

The shiny gold paper caught my eyes
love love the color on your BIG tag too
my fav tag from today miss Vicki
LUV!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards February Challenge: Love Theme

Katarzyna Ewa

my blog
CANDY on my blog;
DT House of Cards Challenge blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...