"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, February 13, 2017

Love TAGplorations Blog Hop - Day 6

Hello friends!
I'm excited to be apart in sharing this special event:
 STAMPlorations Love TAGplorations Blog Hop & Linky Party
~This is DAY 6~
You will find the full details about how to enter and play along as well as the list of possible prizes to be won at the STAMPlorations blog!  You will also have plenty of chances to win as well as lots of inspiration to see...so be sure to check it out!
(click on the badge above to be taken to  the Day 6 blog hop post!)

I hope you will be joining along with us today and every following day for this 7 day event!  The final day will actually be on Valentine's Day! (tomorrow!)  We're sharing love-themed /Valentine tags or projects with tags on it.

Today is Day 6 of the Blog Hop and here's the tag that I've made to share:
I couldn't resist making a fun treat style tag to go with this fun sentiment in the A Full Heart stamp set! LOL!  I thought it would be a great Valentine treat to give out!

I started by taking the STAMPlorations ATC Tag Builder die to cut out the ATC from the set and then used the scallop die to create a border on one side.  On the other side where the Tootsie Pop is threaded, I used the circle element die from this set as it was the perfect size for fitting the stick through.  I made two holes with it so that I could thread the Tootsie Pop through them.

For the background, I took out my KG Tambi watercolor and made a pink background.  I also took some of the shimmery looking watercolor to add to it.  I embossed the sentiment with silver EP over top of it after it dried and then I also heat embossed the heart with silver EP as well.  The heart was colored with the CC Real Brush markers.  I was trying to match up the colors with the Tootsie Pop.

The stick didn't want to stay in place, so I took some washi tape to hold it down on the back and then tied some silver cord around the neck of the Tootsie Pop so that it would also help hold it in place.


Here's a closer look at the details:
You can better see the embossing as well as some of the shimmery watercolor that I've used in the background.  I fussy cut out the silver embossed heart and popped it up over the tag with foam tape.


Thanks so much for dropping by!  I hope you've enjoyed my tag and got inspired!
Be sure to check out the list of blogs to visit from the STAMPlorations blog - Day 6 post and check out the details on how to increase your chances of winning!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday - Anything Goes


2.  Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

3.  My Time To Craft - Anything but a Card

49 comments:

Margreet said...

Oh, this is too cute, Vicki....love the idea of the lollipop!
xxx Margreet

Pia S said...

It's definitely a tag, but with a few twists and it's both fun and more suited to be placed onto a lollipop. Well executed and designed.

Mac Mable said...

What a clever idea to use your fabulous tag this way...one clever lady x Pretty colours and fun tag, thank you so much for the inspiration x

Tammy said...

Oh what a cute little tag Vicki! I love that gorgeous heart and the fabulous Tootsie Pop design, awesome treat idea!
Hugs, Tammy

Sarah said...

Hehe.....what a fun and innovative way to use a tag...love it xx

Trina P. said...

Very pretty.

Lola said...

So pretty and love the watercolor. Perfect sentiment!!

Babs Watson said...

This is lovely beautiful heart and what a fabulous gift tag..

Hugs Babs x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely tag… Please join us again next time. Good luck!
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Ina G said...

You really know how to pull off a tag with this one Vicki. Love the concept with the lollipop and the sentiment to match. Just fabulous!

Monika Reeck said...

Are you now at STAMPLORATIONS too miss lady
woooohooo congrats on being a new DT there
I lovee your heart
looks so crisp and beautiful
I will catch up now
I was not sitting in front of my laptop for a weeks or more
only making DT cards :((
5 DTs is not easy yeah
hugs
Monika
JUMP NO to your next post...see u there

MaryH said...

Love the clever way you've attached the tag to the tootsie pop treat! Also loving the stained glass effect on this gorgeous heart. This is just so pretty & unique too. TFS & Happy V. Day.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Genius! And pretty as well.

Mary Holshouser said...

Had to smile when I saw this tag.
Great play on words.
Fun tag.
thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Love the silver embossing against the watercolor panel. This is a great look! Thank you for sharing with us at Jo's Scrap Shack this week.
Christine
DT Member

laurie said...

How fun! I LOVE that sentiment...LOL! Cute!

Lori Kobular said...

What a sweet treat to hand out!! Love the pink background on the tag and the heart is so pretty!

Sue said...

Super fun make, Vicki. Love the sucker with the sentiment and heart.

Hugs
Sue

Craftyfield said...

It's cute and above all FUN!

NanaConnie said...

How have I missed all these tags? Playing catch up again, I guess. :-D I love them all but the fun and funny sentiment on this one has me giggling, Vicki! Fantastic. :-D

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, this is what I call a punny valentine! LOL Love the look of this watercolor with the vivid rose - a perfect combination! And then there's that adorable sentiment..........too cute!

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Vicki this is so sweet and so cute!! I really love that heart! It just pops! No pun intended hehehe.... thanks so much for also linking up to our FFC at Jo's Scrap Shack!! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

cm said...

Look at you, creating such a lovely tag to add jazz and pizzazz to your yummy treat! And the sentiment: perfect! Tee hee! Those 'little extras' certainly make the special people in our lives know how treasured they are! Eye-candy and real candy...love it!
Hugs~c

Helen Budz said...

How clever to embellish your tag with a lollipop to enhance your fun sentiment. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a cute and clever Valentine!! Awesome work, Vicki!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just loving this fun project!!! love that beautiful watercoloring!

Ann said...

Such a cute tag for a lollipop. Love it.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the pretty heart and fun sentiment! Great tag!

aussie aNNie said...

ha, talk about a cute 'sucker' card, love it and that lolipop..lol...awesome.{aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Oh, this is fun! Love the sentiment to go with the lollipop. The tag is really lovely too, a fab design. Debra x

Suchi said...

This is such a fun idea!! Absolutely cool~ :)
Suchi xx

Heidi Stamps said...

Super clever, this made me lol.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Vicki, great idea and wonderful sentiment which made me chuckle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Preety said...

So pretty!!

vinita jain said...

Love the fun sentiment with absolute idea of lollipop, my eyes really stuck on this cute and clever creation!

Sue LD said...

Very cute treat tag with the perfect sentiment.

Glennis said...

fabulous idea - I love it

Dee Earnshaw said...

wow what a fun tag and so creative:)

Valerija said...

Great and sweet project. I love it!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! How cute, Vicki, and such a great play on words with your delightfully "sweet" Valentine's card! How fun to do the Tagplorations "play off" on the store name. The silver fEP really lends that special elegance, even with the humorous setting! SWEET! Wishing you a fantastic day! hugs, de

Bożena Adamusińska said...

An unusual way to adorn small gift. Beautiful colors, perfect for a small sweet girl :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Team Clark said...

Such a DARLING idea! I used to make all sorts of similar treats for my bitties. Love this project and the memories it brings up. Happy belated Valentine's Day, Autumn

Fiki said...

this is super sweet!

hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Great treat sweet label and love the embossing
Carol x

Heather said...

How cute!! Love the silver embossing and that sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Laura ElleBi said...

Such a great projet!!!
Thank you for joining Crafty Friends
DT Laura

Jerrie said...

Oh that pink and red makes the silver shine!

JD/ Jill said...

Excuse the pun! How sweet!

Ema M said...

How fun! I love that sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft Challenge Blog. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you again.
Crafty hugs,
Ema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...