"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

No Patterned Paper for Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends!
Just swinging by to share a new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week's challenge is "No patterned paper" on your creations.

I have decided to share the Valentine's Day card that I made for hubby:
I thought this little piggy was just too cute and I wanted to color him up with kisses all over his face! LOL!  This image is called "Hogs and Kisses PigWit" at From the Heart Digital Stamps.  I've also used a sketch found on their blog to make my card. (see below post)

I've used my Copic markers to color him in and then I took a white gel pen to create white dots on his red bow tie.  I took a tiny heart from a stamp set in my stash and stamped little red hearts all over his face so it looks like he's been kissed.  I fussy cut him out with my scissors and popped him up over a stitched circle and then popped that up over the two black stitched die cut panels on my red top folding A2 sized card base.  I stamped the "xoxo" (from the MFT Love You More stamp set) all over the background on the card base with the same color.  I've also taken some stickers from an old card kit I had to add to the bottom right of the card design.  I tied some gold thread around one of the black strip panels and added some gold heart sequins to match up with the sketch.

And here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the popped up layers and the tiny hearts that I've added to PigWit's face including over his mouth.  LOL!  I've also took my ink foam blending tool and added a bit of color on the circle panel behind PigWit so that he would stand out a bit more over the white.

And here's what I've done on the inside of the card:
The sentiment part in black was part of the "Hogs and Kisses PigWit" digital stamp set and so I printed it off my computer and then die cut the panel with the LF Cross-Stitch Rectangle dies and then I took the same stamp set that I used on the background of the front of the card and stamped the rest of the sentiment shown here with red ink.  I've attached this panel to the inside of the card and put my own personal message for hubby.

I have to say that Valentine's Day is just another day for me because my husband makes every day feel like Valentine's Day for me.  I got the love card, flowers, the special dinner and lots of hugs and kisses from him...but I have to say that I must be the luckiest girl for this is not unusual for him to send me flowers for no reason, sometimes he'll leave me a greeting card in the car for me before he leaves for work and he writes personal notes for me every day...always.  This makes it really hard to be "extra" special because it's always like this for me.  I feel loved all the time.  The bottom line is that love is taking care of each other no matter what day it is...even if it's not what you're feeling like doing at the moment...that is love.

I hope you've enjoyed my "non-patterned paper" creation today!  Please be sure to stop by the challenge blog to see the other creations and join along in the fun with us!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back shortly!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  From the Heart - February Progressive Challenge

2.  i Heart Sketches - twist:  snow day
3.  Come & Get It - Love is in the Air

4.  The Cutie Pie Challenge - Simply Love

5.  Cardz for Guyz - No Patterned Paper

36 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh,Vicki..your little piggy is so cute with those kisses all over his face..Fabulous colouring and card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debra K. said...

Fabulous Valentine card Vicki! I just love the heart 'kisses' on his face and especially his mouth. Your colouring is just wonderful and his spotty bow tie is ridiculously cute :). Your husband definitely sounds like a keeper. He must have loved this card and I do too. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet, love the lips Vicki, bet hubby adored his card..xx{aNNie}

Margreet said...

Hahaha, what a cute and gorgeous card Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Kim said...

This is so CUTE! I love the lips. ;D

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your pig is so lovely and sweet... a wonderful design.
Hugs Anja

Fiki said...

super adorable card!

Lynn McAuley said...

This is so awesome, Vicki! I love what you have done with those heart lips!! Too, too precious!! What an amazing Valentine for your husband! I know that he loved it!

Bunny said...

Cute card inside and out. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

creationsnz said...

A great LOVE card & super creative with those hearts. Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Come And Get It, CarolG.

Lori Kobular said...

I love that sweet pig! Just as cute as cute can be! The big XO is a great addition and I love the tiny gold hearts! Great Valentine's Day card!

~amy~ said...

Okay, this is just way too stinkin' CUTE.

Sian said...

This is a brilliant card, and I love how yuou've coloured the pig. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Mac Mable said...

As always your attention to detail is staggering. You always put such a lot of thought into your cards and this one is no exception. Great take on the challenge.Love the hearts all over the piggys face and the tiny white dots....gorgeous x Yes.... we don't actually celebrate Valentines because like you every day is special to us...we've spoke before about this so you'll know what I mean x Love and hugs x

Ina G said...

Vicki this is so hog gone cute! Love the heart kisses all over the face. Fabulous layout. You are so good at tying gold thread and adding to our cards.

Lola said...

Haha - the kisses all over his face are perfect! Wonderful gold touches.

Shelly Schmidt said...

OMG- this little piggie is adorable! Love your coloring and the hearts you stamped on his...well, maybe her face are just awesome!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is too cute!

Carol L said...

I'm grinning ear to ear with the sight of this adorable piggy with heart-shaped kisses all over his face and lips! This is just too darned cute! Love it!

Lisa xx said...

Ok, couldn't agree with you more about Valentine's day....Anyway, thank you for sharing this adorable card with the Cuties! Completely up my street as I do have a fondness for piggies, especially ones with bow ties....and I also have a fondness for things that are red with white polka dots too..so another big tick there too xx

Dawn Frost said...

Love that pig she is adorable!

Imke said...

LOVE your Card, Vicki ! Great coloring of "Hamelt" (like the kisses on him) and your stamped Background and the sticker fits perfect.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month and also our Sketch Challenge with Twist # 162 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Jane Willis said...

A super card! I fell in love with the outside and that cute little piggy with the wonderfully stylish layout, then I looked at the inside and the sentiment made me fall even further in love. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is sooo cute Vicki! I love that little pig and the adorable kisses all over his face!!
Hugs, Tammy

Heidi Stamps said...

Very cute and I LOVE the polka dots on the tie!!

Donna said...

This is sooo cute, I know your dear hubby loved it!

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous, super cute! ..Thanks for playing along with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
Wendy x

Jerrie said...

Oh this pig card is adorable! It reminds me of the saying...I love you little, I love you big...I love you like a little pig!

Monika Reeck said...

I luv this PIG
so cuuuteee and your coloring so adorable Vicki
and you also give her a lipstick in heart shape so cuuuutee
and love the polkadot on the bow there
ADORABLE Design too my friend
Love this card as I always love your design Miss Vicki
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

How adorable! Love how you used little hearts to make the lipstick prints and the pig's mouth, and the pig is expertly colored!

Jo said...

Oh Vicki! This is AWESOME!! *claps*
Love how you've coloured Hamlet, and added the kisses... Bravo!
Thank you so much for entering our sketch challenge at FTHS.
Jo xx

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time!

JD/ Jill said...

So cute! I'm sure your hubby loved it! I have a "Keeper" hubby too!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Pigwit is delightful on this card, Vicki! Great use of the sketch. :-D

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeously cut piggy and love the red and black-and I agree with what you say about valentines day if you are together why should what you feel be confined to one day
Carol x

Kathy said...

This is very sweet. I really love the XO sentiment and your take on the sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...