"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

STAMPlorations CAS February Challenge is HOT PINK!

Hello friends!  So happy you have stopped by today!
(If you are looking for my Cute Card Thursday post, please scroll down or CLICK HERE!)

Today is the start of the new February challenge over at STAMPlorations!
Check it out:
You can link up any CAS card you've made, but we also have a fun color twist you can play along with too!  So for this month it's HOT PINK!  How fun is that?!

I'm excited to be continuing on with my guest spot and have made a card to share:
I just love the look of hot pink and black together!  They really compliment each other so nicely!
I wanted to really go as bold as I could with the pink and I think it turned pretty cool.

I have started out using a panel of white card stock and took some Picked Raspberry distress ink over the STAMPlorations Daisy Dance stencil. I removed the stencil and then added another layer of ink over the entire panel which filled in the white areas left from the stencil and then also darkened up the other areas which caused this two tone pink affect.  I then took a large flower from the STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches stamp set and white heat embossed it over the pink panel.  I then took this panel and cut it out with the CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle die.

To pair it up with the black, I have used the CUTplorations Thanks Word die to cut out the sentiment with some black card stock.  I also took a strip of black card stock and embossed the sentiment from the same Bloom Sketches stamp set to heat emboss it with white EP.  For a more interesting look, I decided to tilt my pink flower panel over a piece of A2 sized top folding black card base.  Lastly I added a few black enamel dots from my stash.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can better see the details of the white embossing that I've done.

I hope you will find some time to join us this month for this fun challenge!
I can't wait to see what you all come up with for the twist!  Be sure to check out the blog for the rest of the design team inspiration while you're there...you won't be disappointed!

**If you go shopping, don't forget to use this special code below for 20% off!!!**:
Shery of STAMPlorations is very generous and kind to not only myself, but to all of my blog readers as well!  She is offering a special discount code to all of you!  Since I am a guest designer through the end of March with her, she is offering a 20% discount for anything in her store including sale items!  So when you go shopping, be sure to use this code at checkout:
STAMPGIRLVICKIP
(this is not case sensitive & remember it cannot be combined with other discount codes.)
I will leave this discount code underneath the STAMPlorations DT badge at the sidebar of my blog in case you forget and need to grab it real quick while you are shopping.  ENJOY!! :)

Thank you so much for dropping by today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  Crafty Friends - Girly

2.  Inky Chicks - Clean and Simple

3.  Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

4.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

45 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, love the hot pink background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Stunning card with a great color combination, Vicki! Love it!
xxx Margreet

Heidi Stamps said...

That color is fabulous! I love your stamps that go so well with the stencil!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous! I love the layers you achieved with the stencil, love the white embossing and just love the pink with black! Congrats on your GDT!

Glennis said...

fabulous!

Mac Mable said...

Amazing...Absolutely love the vibrant colours. Great stamping over the blended stencil background. This is a real beauty and a stand out card x

Chrissy said...

This is really gorgeous vicki..love the hot pink with the black sentiment and the white embossed flowers just bring it up more..FABulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Hot pink goodness! What a gorgeous background!

Fiki said...

this is gorgeous card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Shelly said...

Sooo bright and pretty!! Love it!!

Wendy said...

Stunning card Vicki, gorgeous colour combo & design...love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Sarah said...

Pink and black always look perfect together Vicki and put together with those fabulous daisies this has to be a winner for sure!! Really striking xx

Lori Kobular said...

I love the beautiful pink flowers! The pink and black look great together!

Diane said...

Your hot pink color design is fabulous Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Miranda Taylor said...

I love this card! The pink just says - look at me!

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love the hot pink & black color combo and your background is stunning!!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

Vicki, love that color combo too! Beautiful Hot Pink creation.

Hugs
Sue

Ina G said...

This is drop dead gorgeous in every way. Such a stunning result you got with that 'hot pink'. Love the finish in black - so eye catching.

Carol L said...

This is one smashing creation! I love the hot pink with black accents, but that stamped panel is amazing! Love those white flowers with all the hot pink color! Beautiful card!

Debra K. said...

Fabulous card Vicki! Definitely hot pink :D. Love how you created the background with the stencil. The white resist worked beautifully with the lovely flower. I like how you've offset the panel on the black base, it really stands out. Debra x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wow... that rocks Vicki!

Suchi said...

This card is pure gorgeousness! LOVE the design! The layout- everything so beautifully done! :)
Suchi xx

NanaConnie said...

That's definitely Hot Pink, Vicki! WOW. lol Loving it with the black and white. Really striking.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love that combo Vicki and the design is topnotch!
Great feminine card!
TFS~

Linda said...

WOW! This is definitely pink! I love how you've done the background, clever technique with the stencil xx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Amazing how you cleverly used the stencil to get shades of pink. It looks stunning! The addition of white daisies is an excellent idea. I also like the color shift panel on a black base. The card is exceptionally beautiful.
Hugs,
BożenA

JD/ Jill said...

Since PINK is my favorite color...I really like this card. It really pops! Way to go....Like the design too!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I love the colors and layout.

Patti J said...

What fun! The stenciling in the background looks so good, and the white embossing just pops over your beautiful pinks! Great card!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL and love the pink. I was only going through my stamplorations stencils today don't recall this one as I love it.xx{aNNie}

Deb said...

Wow, this is stunning Vicki, another perfectly creative background! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! hugs Debxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow, your card in pink is fantastic and so wonderful...
Hugs Anja

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is one card that will never go unnoticed Vicki, wow, the colour is so lovely and vibrant it certainly packs a punch or should I say bunch as they are such wonderful flowers, excellent creation
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

Vicki this is just amazing that background is so special I just love it Love and hugs Carole x

Véronique said...

Beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

laurie said...

I'm loving that hot pink and black....wow what a sharp card Vicki!

Pia S said...

Such a bright colored and vibrant card, and the black makes the colors stand out beautifully!

Jerrie said...

V icki, this is fantastic~ I love how the pink and black play together!

Donna said...

Tis is gorgeous Vicki, so bright and cheery, like the offset panel!

crafty-stamper said...

love the embossed flowers and hot pink and black colour combo
Carol x

Dawn Frost said...

Wow that IS hot pink, lol! My mom would have loved that card!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

WOW!! A Fabulous card..love the hot pink background you have created with flowers..great layout..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti

M Strach said...

Great! :) I love it!

cm said...

Sighhhhhh...one of my favourite floral images displayed in such a *hot* fashion! Love the white daisies set atop the stenciling...and the dramatic, bold sentiments and background...oh my! Heart captured!
hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

STUNNING HOT PINK!!!!
I have the same stencil
the same Stamp too
and never think to do this
your card ic a cleverness Vicki
great use all the product from Stamplorations
STUNNING CARD!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...