Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Happy Birthday to You, Lawn Fawn!

Hello friends!
You know I couldn't miss the fun new challenge over at the
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog!

They have started up their very own challenge blog during the month of March in honor of their 7th birthday year!  So of course I had to play along...and I thought the special occasion deserved a little special creation too:
I thought this new Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die from Lawn Fawn was adorable!  What a fun way to send a Spring birthday wish too!  I thought it would be fun to attach the extra little banner in honor of Lawn Fawn's birthday as well!  LOL!

So for my design, I die cut the Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die from some kraft card stock.  I used the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper to cut out the stitched panels on each scalloped panel.  I've also sponged around the edges of the box with some brown distress ink.

For the inside of the box, I've used the new Fab Flowers with the coordinating dies to stamp and cut out my flowers with.  I have used several of the new inks from Lawn Fawn too!  I have used:  Ballet Slippers, Bubblegum, Minty Fresh, Grape Soda, Fake Tan, Sunflower, Mermaid, Fresh Lavender and Black Licorice.  I had to use some Stampin' Up! ink pads for the green colors.  I need to shop for some of those fun LF ink pads still! :)

Before attaching my flowers and stems to the inside of the box, I used the Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die to line the inside of the of the box tabs.  I stamped the sentiment on the front panel from the LF Happy Happy Happy stamp set.  I also wrapped a piece of twine around that same flap and attached one of my butterflies.

For the Lawn Fawn banner, I used the LF Bannerific stamp set and coordinating dies.  I colored in the birds and the banner with my Copics and spelled out Lawn Fawn with the Smitty's ABC stamp set.  I attached the birds onto the banner to look as if they are holding it up in the air and then attached the banner onto a two strips of clear acetate.

Here's a closer look at some of the flowers:
I have taken my black gel pen to add some dot detail onto some of the flowers along with parts of the butterflies.  I love the soft Spring colors and look forward to seeing many more blooms popping up in my own yard!

I hope you've enjoyed my special birthday card today!
I'm going to hop on over to see some more inspiration over at the challenge....there are so many entries over there now!

Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawn Fawnatics - birthday themed project (Brand NEW! - 1st challenge!)

2.  4 Crafty Chicks (4CC343) - Punches or Dies (dies only)

3. {Cupcake Inspirations} 400th challenge celebration! - birthday theme with a past challenge

Here's the past challenge that I chose to use:

4.  Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

5.  Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

34 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, such a gorgeous birthday box, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

So adorable and so amazing. A real treat for us...you are one talented lady x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Fiki said...

this is so prett pop up box card!

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous!! So pretty and perfect for Lawn Fawn's 7th Birthday xx

Andrea W said...

Such a wonderful creation to celebrate Lawn Fawn's birthday. I love the Spring colors and pop up design.

jimlynn said...

This really is a special creation - and so very pretty! Love the little pop up box and the fun flowers. Fantastic!
Lynn

Lola said...

Wow - such a bloomin' beautiful box/card. The banner is such a perfect touch.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card box and love the flowers
Carol x

Nonni said...

This sure is special and looks like it needed a lot of work! I love the outcome, so springy and fresh!

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooowww the birthday box is so creative cute and loove that flowers color Vicki
and I am so sorry so MIA not visiting all my blog land friend
I will catch up now...hope you get all my comment Vicki
and this project is WONDERFULL and so creative
hugs
Monika

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is perfect for Lawn Fawn's Birthday!! I love the scalloped box and that it is a pop-up card! I love the flowers, they are so sweet!

LeAnne said...

This is stunning! What a gorgeous project...so cool!

Donna Ellis said...

Love your extra wide pop up card, Vicki! Darling, and so many beautiful details! A perfect way to celebrate Lawn Fawn's birthday! Wonderful colors, too! Hugs, de

Patti J said...

You have such a knack for making me smile! Just cant stop looking at this wonderful box card! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous box card Vicki! Love the little garden you've created. The banner and butterfly are wonderful additions. Debra x

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Vicki this card is absolutely beautiful!!! I love their new scalloped box card die! It really has such cuteness and You really did an amazing job filling it all up with those beautiful flowers! Great job! Love their watercolor paper too!!! So pretty and subtle and that kraft paper is a beautiful neutral to be paired up next to those soft colors. Great job hon! Don't forget that I have anything goes challenges every week!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card. I do like pop up boxes. Thank you for showing this.

Birgit said...

How sweet is this! A box full of cheer, for sure! So glad you linked up to our 400th Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.

Lynn McAuley said...

Who wouldn't feel truly loved upon receiving this amazing birthday surprise! Exquisite craftsmanship, Vicki!

Donna said...

What a fabulous birthday box Vicki, it is springy and cheery, like the use of kraft cardstock for the box!

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is beautiful Vicki! What a fabulous pop-up design and I love all of the gorgeous flowers!!
Hugs, Tammy

Chrissy said...

oh,wow..a die to think for me..FABulous Vicki..love your flowers and banners with the little birds, what a gorgeous pop up box card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

This is just adorable and so well made! I love the flowers popping up when the box is opened! What a great birthday surprise!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I still need to try making one of these.

MiamiKel said...

How fun! So vibrant and cheery! I love the whimsy of this :) definitely spells happy birthday!! :)

Jerrie said...

What a fun pop up box with all the colorful flowers. This is a winner in my book!

Indy's Designs said...

What a super fun and festive project! Thanks so much for joining Cupcake Inspirations for our 400th Challenge!
Debbie

Ek Gorman said...

This card is crazy Beautiful. I am always impressed by people who can do folding techniques like this...so cool. Thank you for joining us for our #400th challenge celebration!!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I once tried to make such a pop-art card. Unfortunately, it turned out to be awful. But your card is beautiful. I love a three-dimensional bouquet of flowers.

Rae Ann said...

Love all of the wonderful details you used on this. Love the way you interpreted the inspiration pictures.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Anna-Karin said...

Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Goodness- you really created a fabulous Birthday card for Lawn Fawn! I just love all of the details : ) I will have to pop over and see that challenge- it will encourage me to ink up some of my LF sets.......!

Donna said...

Swoon, swoon! I LOVE this Vicki, its so pretty and will make such a wonderful keepsake! :) Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...