"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Lucky Lil Birdie Bringing Good Luck!

Hello friends!
Wanted to play along with the From the Heart Monthly challenge and this cute image actually came at a great time because I needed a card for someone to wish luck on a couple of life events getting ready to happen.

Here's the card I cam up with using this cute image:
This image is called "Lucky Lil Birdie" at From the Heart Digital Stamps.  I just love that smile on his face!  I have also based my card on the current sketch at the FTH blog.  (see below).

To start out, I've printed him out twice from my computer.  I colored in the horseshoe he's holding as well as his hands and the green clovers he's holding with my Copics.  I've added some extra shimmer to the horseshoe with a clear Noir Spectrum glitter pen.  I then cut that portion of the image out with my scissors and went along the edges with a black marker to cover any white showing.  I colored the other image completely with Copics.  I used a cloud stencil that I made previously from a die cut and sponged some blue ink in the background for sky.  I then used some foam squares to pop up the horseshoe portion of the image over the whole image to give some dimension.

The rest is pretty simple as I followed the sketch and cut a piece of green plaid paper from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper, I've added a border of black card stock and also layered the main image with black card stock .  I added a portion of a sentiment that was included with the stamp set, which was also printed out on my computer.  I just cut out what I wanted and made my own banner that was popped up with foam squares at the bottom right portion of my card.

The card base is an A2 sized top folding white card stock piece.
Here's a closer look at the cute image:
Here you can better see the shimmer from the horseshoe he's holding as well as get a better view of the dimension from it being popped out with foam squares.

I hope it will bring a little bit of extra luck to the recipient or at least bring a smile! :)
Thanks so much for dropping by today!
I'll be seeing you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  From the Heart - March Digital SOTM

2.  i {heart} Sketches - sketch with twist: easy does it

3.  Just Add Ink - Just Add "L" - Luky, Luck, Lime Green, Lil Birdie

4.  Alphabet Challenge - 'A' for Aything with Wings

5.  Come and Get It - Anything Goes

43 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Such a happy, proud little bird, Vicki! Leave it to the blue bird of happiness to bring good luck with those darling clovers! Beautifully colored and shaded, and wonderful background! I like the bright green plaid on the diagonal with the black mat strips. WOW! hugs, de

Margreet said...

Such a sweet and happy birdie....lovely coloring and a great card!
xxx Margreet

Carol L said...

Oh, this is fun Vicki! Like you, that birdie's smiling face just makes me grin - he's adorable! I like that diagonal plaid panel that kicks this one up a notch with color! Fun!!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet image and how you layered the shinny horseshoe, beautiful layout and coloring too!
Hugs, Tammy

Danni said...

So super fun and adorable!

Kelly Kent said...

Oh wow, this is all kinds of fun Vicki!!! Your colouring is sensational. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Kelly x

Dana Johnson said...

Darling card! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Heidi Stamps said...

That is just darling and you colored everything just right! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

Chrissy said...

Awww..look at that happy little face..he is gorgeous Vicki, fabulous colouring and love the shimmer on the horseshoe..FABulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

So fun and cute. Love the puffy clouds in the background and that cute, cute bird. Precious card!

Lynn

Sarah said...

Such a cute little guy and the sparkly horse shoe looks amazing xx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and such a cute chick too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

I should think the recipient will have lots of luck and will bring a smile to their face. That birdie is so cute and love it's puffed up face. Gorgeous colours and such a fun card x

MaryH said...

Very easy to see the appeal of this darling digi. He's just SO happy, and it made me smile to see this. Marvelous coloring and the shimmer does indeed sparkle very nicely too. This sweet image enhances the fresh colors of the background, and I'm liking the design layout. Great work on the sky too! TFS & Hugs

Lola said...

Wow, this looks fab. Wonderful dimension, colors, and sparkly goodness.

Wendy said...

Awww super cute! So gorgeous Vicki.
Hugs
Wendy xx

JD/ Jill said...

Fun card! Very nicely done!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the cute decoupaged image
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet as can be, such a happy card and the birdie looks extremely proud of oneself.xxx ♥[aNNie]

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

What an adorable card!!! That bird is so cute Vicki! Your coloring is beautiful and I absolutely LOVE the design of this card!! You did an amazing job! Sorry I haven't been around, had a rough week and almost lost my dog on Saturday. Hope you have been well!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what a sweet and darling bird that is smiling away with joy! Beautifully colored and finished! I love it! Hugs! xoxo

Donna said...

What a cheery uplifting card and colored so beautifully and like the sparkle on the horseshoe! Take care.

Nana Connie said...

Vicki, I love what you've done with this lucky little bird! Great use of the sketch and I adore that soft plaid paper you chose. I've used the bird but I ave to get something done with that sketch. I have an image chosen and colored, just can't seem to find time to get the card made. :_D

Davi said...

Vicki I love this sweet card! The image is darling and your coloring perfect! The sparkle just riight. Delightful!!

Patti J said...

Vicki, this one just makes me happy! Great job with the wonderful image - loving the gorgeous color of blue that you used for the bird - looks amazing with all that green. Thanks for always inspiring me!

Jan said...

Oh wow! Vicki he is so adorable holding up that massive horse shoe!! And you've coloured him beautifully too :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

This is such a beautiful, encouraging, card Vicki. I love your colouring, and choice of colours and patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Debra K. said...

What a cute card! Fabulous colouring and I love the plaid paper. With the black borders everything 'pops' beautifully. The decoupaged horseshoe looks wonderful especially with the added sparkle. Debra x

Fiki said...

this is so nice card!
hugs

Shelly said...

Seriously CUTE card!

Tina said...

Oh, what a happy little birdie! The dimension you've given the card is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Judy1223 said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Oh how cute! Great card Vicki, your sweet images and colouring is really lovely...Love the sparkle too! Thanks or sharing at Just Add Ink.

Imke said...

Vicki, this is such a cute Card ! Your coloring and DP choice - just great.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month March Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Lori Kobular said...

Vicki this is so sweet and adorable! I love the blue bird with that huge horse shoe! It made me smile!

Julie B said...

What an adorable image Vicki and a great take on the sketch.
Thanks for linking up at the Alphabet Challenge. :)

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Such an optimistic card! I love the extra dimension. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card.
Hugs,
BożenA

Jasmina said...

What a cute card. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

Tammy said...

I'm back... I wanted to thank you for joining the Alphabet Challenge with this adorable card, Vicki!
Hugs, Tammy

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time! Don’t forget that we have a monthly progressive challenge too!

Tip Top said...

Great use of the Stamp of the Month at From The Heart Stamps! Hope to see you again next month for our progressive challenge where you earn free stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

ooo cuutte this blue little birdie image and how you colored it so sweet love that he has U and many cloves
great card and sketch miss Vicki
the cloud so fluffy and sweet smile on the bird
this card makes me smile and happy
great post again Miss Vicki

Kelly Schelske said...

Fantastic SOTM card! Love how the horseshoe is shimmery and is popped up!!

Thank you for joining us over at From The Heart Stamps!

Hugs,
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...