"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mid-month Reminder for STAMPlorations CAS Challenge

*CLICK HERE if you missed my Cute Card Thursday post earlier today*

Hello friends!
I'm back again to share a mid-month reminder for the
 STAMPlorations CAS card challenge
As always anything CAS goes with the optional color twist of sky blue for this month.
So if you haven't joined in the challenge yet this month, be sure to play along!  You have until March 31st to join us!  If you need some more inspiration, be sure to check out the blog post HERE!  I've really been enjoying the gallery so far this month!  :)

Here's another card that I've created for this challenge:
I guess I'm still in the "Celebrating" mood, so I decided to go with a birthday theme for my card this time!  ( I do have so many birthdays in the month of March...so it's always good to prepare!)

For my card today, I have used the STAMPlorations Cupcake-Large on my white A2 sized top folding card base.  (I just love how big and yummy this image is!)  I stamped it slightly off the edge with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I took my distress inks and aqua-painter to color in the image.  I then stamped the image again on a piece of masking paper and cut it out to protect my coloring and then used the Oh My Stars! Mini-ARTplorations stencil to sponge in some Tumbled Glass distress ink for the background right over top of my masked cupcake.  I very lightly sponged some extra color over the stars for a bit more blue color and depth.

I had the perfect blue color of glitter card stock to match my card, so I cut out the Celebrate Word Die-CUTplorations with it and attached it to the top of my card.

Lastly, for a bit more sparkle, I covered the blue sprinkles on the cupcake with some clear glitter glue and the frosting with a Spectrum Noir clear Glitter pen.  I also glued some sparkling clear sequins to the card and added some clear glitter glue to the centers of each one.  I also used my corner chomper on the bottom corners of the card making this a one-layer design.

Here's a closer view of some of the details:
Here you can see all of the sparkle and shine on the design from the sequins with the glittered centers along with the glittery blue sprinkles on the cupcake along with the yummy shimmer of the frosting!  The white embossing really shows up here as well as the glittery sentiment at the top.

I feel that a yummy looking cupcake is always better with some sparkle, don't you?  :)

Be sure to stop by the STAMPlorations blog today to see more inspiration and play along with us!  There's still plenty of time!

**If you go shopping, don't forget to use this special code below for 20% off!!!**:
Shery of STAMPlorations is very generous and kind to not only myself, but to all of my blog readers as well!  She is offering a special discount code to all of you!  Since I am a guest designer through the end of March with her, she is offering a 20% discount for anything in her store including sale items!  So when you go shopping, be sure to use this code at checkout:
STAMPGIRLVICKIP
(this is not case sensitive & remember it cannot be combined with other discount codes.)
I will leave this discount code underneath the STAMPlorations DT badge at the sidebar of my blog in case you forget and need to grab it real quick while you are shopping.  ENJOY!! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Thanks so much for dropping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  STAMPlorations Never-Ending ATG



2.  CAS-ual Fridays (CFC169) - Off the Edge




30 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the depth you see with not only the stars but the cupcake as well. Very pretty coloring with the distress inks too! Lovely birthday card for anyone!
Lynn

Margreet said...

Gorgeous birthdaycard Vicki...love the glittering, the cupcake, the stars and the cut out sentiment!
xxx Margreet

cm said...

Celebration happening all over your fabulous card, Vicki, from the pretty stars to the scrump-dilly-icious cupcake! Your realize you've sparked a craving, right? Sweet tooth tingling!
Hugs~carol

LeAnne said...

This is my kind of cupcake....delicious and calories! Yum!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous, love the cupcake it looks delicious and no calories either :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your card is so fantastic and so wonderful.. love your muffin

Hugs Anja

Chrissy said...

Love your colouring on this yum cupcake Vicki..love the stencilled stars and sequins and the sparkle on the cake..FABulous Birthday card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Fiki said...

this is so pretty card!
hugs

Lori Kobular said...

Great card! That cupcake looks amazing and is making me hungry for cupcakes! I love the blue stars! A really fun card!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Vicki! I love the embossed cupcake and all of the shimmer, fabulous stenciled background too!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Oh my, this is fabulous, the cupcake looks like it is coming off the card, how I wish it could hop right off the computer into my mouth, it looks so wonderful!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. That cupcake looks yummy.

Patti J said...

Now you've done it....ten p.m., and I need a cupcake! Just kidding, dear friend...this is beautiful!

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing with the stars, cupcake and all it's added beauty.xx ♥[aNNie]

Ina G said...

Another stunning card Vicki and oh that yummy cupcake would just melt in my mouth. Just love the bling!

Pollard Carole said...

Another of your stunning cards love this design what a gorgeous shade of blue Love and hugs Carole x

Jerrie said...

I love the way you make CAS cards! That cupcake wrapper looks so real! I love the sparkles...they really shine!

crafty-stamper said...

ooohh I love cupcakes looks great stamped off the edge and great background-seems like we are food orientated this week lol
Carol x

Carol L said...

Glittery celebrations and cupcakes with luscious looking frosting - what could combine to make a better birthday!? This is really a cute card, I love it!

Donna said...

Scrummy card Vicki, love the star background and your cupcake looks good enough to eat! :) Donna ♥ x

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty colours. Yes the card is yummy and full of fun. Such delicate colouring and loving all the attention to detail with the stencil stars and the clear sequins with the glitter on top x Chuckled when I read you had used your chomper...sees very apt for this cupcake card x

Nonni said...

Wonderful watercoloring and the stars are the perfect backdrop for a fun card like this! Love your use of sequins too.

MaryH said...

The bold & glitter of the sentiment really captures the eye, and I love the dimension on the cupcake wrapper too. Super coloring skills to create that effect. Delightful & yummy card as well. TFS & Hugs

Ann said...

Oh this is so fun! Love the stenciled stars in the background.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Your cake is wonderful !!! I love deep shadows, they are so realistic. It is a real incentive to buy this beautiful stamp once :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is one gorgeous card I love the shade of blue you have used and the delicious sparkle, I really love the background you have created I have seen this quite a bit and it always impresses me it looks so lovely and natural, excellent creation
hugs
lorraine x

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! I love the stars in your background, Vicki! Your little embossed cupcake is colored just perfectly! Achieving that white topping against the white background was tricky, and you've incorporated the blue to make it all so seamless in appearance! Beautifully colored, too! Love it, Vicki! hugs, de

Lola said...

So pretty and what a great effect with the white embossing. The blue stars also really add so much to this pretty creation.

Team Clark said...

I've always had a thing for cupcakes! I love the glittery effect and stars. Stunning! Hugs, Autumn

Monika Reeck said...

It will be 24 oclock in germany and look at your yummy cupcakes makes me hungry LOL
adorable blue on all and lovely glitter sentiment added too
the paper wrap for cupcake so lovely colored Vicki
again Love your card miss Vicki!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...