"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring Coffee Lover's Blog Hop - STAMPlorations Style!

Hello friends!
Spring is here and it also means that it's time again for the

For this blog hop, I'm excited to join along with
 one more time before my Guest Design spot ends this month and share some brand new coffee products with you!!  Yay!
Shery has recently released some brand new products especially for you coffee/tea lovers out there!
You can check out all of the products HERE!  She is also one of the Super Sponsors for this blog hop...so please be sure you stop on over to the STAMPlorations blog for more fun stuff!!

=====================================
**If you go shopping, don't forget to use this special code below for 20% off!!!**:
Shery of STAMPlorations is very generous and kind to not only myself, but to all of my blog readers as well!  She is offering a special discount code to all of you!  Since I am a guest designer through the end of March with her, she is offering a 20% discount for anything in her store including sale items!  So when you go shopping, be sure to use this code at checkout:
STAMPGIRLVICKIP
(this is not case sensitive & remember it cannot be combined with other discount codes.)
I will leave this discount code underneath the STAMPlorations DT badge at the sidebar of my blog in case you forget and need to grab it real quick while you are shopping.  ENJOY!! :)
***please note that this code will expire after March 31st!***
======================================

Here are the cards that I've created for this hop with the new STAMPlorations goodies:
When I think of Spring, I think about all of the pretty colors, flowers blooming and butterflies fluttering around.  So I wanted to try and capture all of this with my card design here.

I've also been trying to get out my new Ranger Oxide inks to play with, so I took them out to create this fun oxide background you see. I then wanted to play around the STAMPlorations Shower of Flutters stencil, so I took some Versamark ink and layered that over the stencil and then embossed it with white EP.  I then took some more distress ink to make the butterflies more prominent without going over too far on the embossing lines.  I like the way the embossing graduates out.

For the coffee, I took the STAMPlorations new stamp called Framed Coffee for One and stamped it with Oxide ink on a piece of vanilla card stock.  I used the same oxide ink color to darken around the edges of it for an oxide look.  I also stamped it again in black ink over white card stock as well as in black ink over this beautiful STAMPlorations FREEBIE image that you can check out HERE.  I also stamped it one more time with black ink over a kraft colored card stock.  I did a bit of "paper piecing" with all of these by fussy cutting out the cup in all of these:  bottom layer of the coffee cup is the floral pattern that I colored with Copics.  The white based image, I just cut out the lid and straw and glued that over top of my floral stamped image.  I then took the kraft based image and only cut out the "sleeve" on the cup.  I popped that out with some foam tape.  I layered all of this onto another kraft layer at a titled angle on my design.

For the banner hanging down, I have stamped the sentiment from the STAMPlorations Literary Caffeine-ations stamp set with both light and dark brown oxide inks.  I used these oxide inks to create the look around the edges of the banner.  I stamped the butterfly from the STAMPlorations Scribbly Splattery Grunge stamp set with oxide ink.  I had a punch in my stamp that I cut it out with.  I attached the butterfly and a piece of twine with a pink enamel dot on the banner and then popped that up with foam tape over my design.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
You can see the details of my paper piecing and that I've also added some shimmer to the flowers with my Spectrum Noir glitter pen.

-------------------------------------------
Yes, I have yet ANOTHER card to share with you today!!
I felt like doing some coloring , so I took the gorgeous STAMPlorations FREEBIE image and printed it out smaller than I did on the above Framed Coffee Cup card.  I even cut off the edges so that it would fit on my A2 sized card base.  I colored it in with my Copics, cut it out to fit my card and layered it onto a piece of black card stock.

I took the new STAMPlorations Thanks a Latte die and cut it out in black card stock and attached it over the colored image.  I punched a tiny butterfly to add to the tail end of it.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I've used my metallic, black and white gel pens to add details to the image.

--------------------------------
So that's it for me today!
I wanted to be sure to take the time to say thank you to Shery and her wonderful family for having me along as a guest designer for the last three months....it has been an absolutely pleasure!  Always fun to play with these lovely products and I know I will continue to do so!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you've enjoyed my creations!
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge

2.  Coffee Loving Card Makers - Spring 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


3.  AAA Cards - CAS game #86 - die cuts (for second card)

4.  Simon Says Stamp Monday - Layer it Up (For first card)

5.  Fab 'n' Funky - Flowers


62 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

FABULOUS LOVE THEM BOTH, I often enter into the challenges but over the last 12mths real life with dad passing and DT commitments I have not had the time....BUT have heaps of stamps and stencils so am on the go again. Shery sent me that freebie with my stamp, think I need to colour it up, you made it so pretty and I can smell that coffee from here, as it's after midnight I won't have one thanks... big hugs.xx ♥[aNNie]

Macimbalo said...

Love your cards! They are so colorful and full of fun!!

Sylviahobbycards said...

They are both very beautiful, but the second one is my favorite.Stunning colouring.

Gr, Sylvia

Carmela Hubler said...

Love all the flowers! Gorgeous cards.

Jerrie said...

Vicki, what fab cards for the spring hop! I love all the color you have used and your designs are great! Hope you are enjoying your cup of coffee!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning and so pretty. love those cheery colours and touch of sparkle. Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards this week x

Team Clark said...

Oh Vicki! These are so so fabulous! WOW! You are such an amazing designer. Hugs, Autumn

Michele K. Henderson said...

Vicki, I love your bright and beautiful cards! So much fresh spring color!

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic cards! Love the butterfly background and the colorful flowers!

Shelly said...

Oooh, super sweet cards!

Andrea W said...

Beautiful cards! I love the wonderful Spring colors.

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Vicki, loving the spring colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous projects Vicki..love your coffee cup and paper piecing [my favourite thing to do]..and your floral card and colouring is just beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

They're both wonderful! Love your coloring and the use of the stencil too. Beautiful cards and a great job.
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

Springalicious colors! Love the warmth the Distress Oxides bring to your first design! <3

Margreet said...

Gorgeous works Vicki! Love your backgrounds and your coloring of the last card is awesome. Love the bright colors.
Enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

Glennis said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, I love the colouring

Carol L said...

Great cards today Vicki! I'm especially fond of the colorful card where you used the freebie! Awesome coloring for sure!

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome cards! I love the cup on your first one and the second one reminds me of Where's Waldo with Where's the Coffee Pot!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the layering on the card.
the coloring of the second card
is wonderful. Have to download
that and try my hand at it.
thanks for sharing.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

These are all fabulous!! Lovely designs & coloring.
I've downloaded this free digi and hope to color it up for this hop.
Love Stamplorations!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Diane said...

Wow Vicki, the colors and designs are so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Fiki said...

those are stunning!
hugs

D.Ann C said...

These are SO delightful and scream SPRING!

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards love the paper pieced coffee one and subtle sparkle-beautiful colouring on the freebie image
Carol x

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, love how you used the Distress Oxides and the pop of black on the second one.

~amy~ said...

Oh my, I love both of your gorgeous projects especially that spring to go cup!

Tammy said...

Two beautiful coffee themed cards Vicki! I love the background on your first card and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous on the second card! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful coffee themed cards you created. Both are gorgeous and your coloring is wonderful!

Nikki C said...

WOW these are both amazing TFS

Tink said...

Beautiful cards!

Arianna Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Beautiful choice of colors!!!

vinita jain said...

Stunning coloring work, both are so pretty!

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow Vicki stunning cards, both of them. How you used on the coffee cup is brilliant and all that colouring for the other card. I have got to print this cup and colour. Love the little bits of gold on the tea cups, perfect finish.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

This is another two amazing cards that you created. I fell in love with the second card !!! Incredibly beautiful colors, a touch of gold is surprisingly positive! Wonderful, exceptionally beautiful. I love her, love her, love her :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful colored cards -- I love that cup :)

Nana Connie said...

Ooo, I love both of these, Vicki! Fantastic color combos, especially on the second one. Makes me realize that my coffee mug is empty and needs refilling. :-D

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness - these are wonderful! Look at all of those fabulous colors! I needed that shot of happy on this dreary stormy day :) Thanks for sharing!

Julia Aston said...

Love your floral mug and pretty butterfly stenciling Vicki! Julia xx

Hetty said...

Beautiful use of the coloring image.
Love how you used it on the cup to go.
I downloaded the image and started coloring!

Cynthia Cole said...

Both cards are fabulous!

Helen Gullett said...

Vicki, they are fantastic cards! Love the flower print on the cup :)

Donna said...

Fabulous coffee cards, the floral on the cups is fantastic!

Donna said...

These are both absolutely charming and love the saying too!

Sarah said...

These are wonderful Vicki and have given me a much needed caffeine hit!! xx

Vonmariedesign said...

Beautiful cards!!

Sue LD said...

I like all the pretty colors, flowers and butterflies.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Beautiful!

Lisa said...

More Wow! These are so gorgeous!! Love all of the beautiful color and the gold touches! Just awesome!

Tracie Pond said...

Oh my, those flowers are gorgeous!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These are fantastic cards! I really love the way you combined flowers and coffee! I would've never thought to pair those up, but what you've done here is so clever! I like the vibrant colors you used and how you blended the colors so perfectly. I enjoyed seeing your projects so much and am glad you shared them with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Cindy S said...

Beautiful cards. I love your style.

JessicaLynnOriginal Rubber Stamps said...

Fabulous! I love the Coffee Lovers Blog hop I am always so inspired by all of the amazing card and crafting artists. I really love your cards!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn
http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.net

CaroleAnn said...

I love coffee and really like what you created with your coffee cards and pretty flowers and butterflies and all the bright spring colors!!! Great job and I am sure they will miss you as a guest designer - always so much inspiration pours out of your cards!!! Hugs

Psychomak said...

Loved the cards and your coloring.

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii wooooowww Stunning
love love your coffee to go cup wit flowers
so adorable flowers colors
and the flower with all coffee mug glass Jar etc is stunning love the coloring there miss Vicki
two stunning draw job Creation miss Vicki
I wanna say LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Helen F. said...

Both projects are awesome!

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, wow, and wow! Such an awesome beauty, Vicki!

Karenladd said...

Both cards are beautiful but that one with the digi stamp is so beautifully colored! Perfect burst of springtime

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So fabulous, I love it

Lola said...

Both beautiful creations. Wonderful warmth on the first and so fun seeking out the coffee products in the second.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...