"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Warm Colors for Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends!
Swinging by to share a new challenge with you for
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge this week is to use "Warm Colors/Hues" on your creations
Spring is a great time to think about warm colors for sure!

Here's the card that I made for this challenge:
We are sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps this week and this is what I have used on my card today!  I saw that adorable Freebie image called "Spring Boot" and grabbed it before it was gone!  LOL!

I have printed it out and colored it in with my Copics.  I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out.  I tried as much as possible to stick to the red, orange and yellow hues for my design.  I was happy to have found some older papers in my stash to pull them out and use for my card too.   I have taken the sketch from a challenge (see below) and just popped in the yellow and reds to go with my image.  I used some kraft card stock for layers, punched out some photo corners in red card stock and die cut a stitched oval in red card stock for the layer under the image.  Lastly, I've added some matching yellow ribbon for an accent around the card front.  I've attached all of these layers onto a white top folding A2 sized card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here on the image panel, I used a ink foam blending tool and sponged some kraft ink around the edges which really makes the white layer underneath show up.

I took some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and covered the orange dragonfly and flowers.  I've also used some glossy accents over the heart on the boot and the lady bug body.  I've also taken some clear glitter Stickles for the center of each flower and then I used the liquid pearls to add a few dimensional accent dots on the image.

Please stop on over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team and hope you can join us this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday 

2.  Sweet Stampers - Easter or Spring

3.  Come & Get It - Springtime

4.  Crafty Cardmakers - Spring into Spring

5.  Use Yours Stuff - Spring is in the Air

6.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

42 comments:

Debra K. said...

What a wonderfully bright and cherry card to start my morning off nicely! Fab coloured image enhanced by the sparkle, pearl drops and glossy accents. I wouldn't have thought to put Kraft card with these colours but it works beautifully and the blending of ink round the image ties it all together perfectly. Fantastic! Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Great image chosen Vicki and coloured to perfection. xx ♥[aNNie]

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful colours for this image Vicki really looks so pretty.

Lynn McAuley said...

This rain boot full of spring blossoms is absolutely divine, Vicki! I love those little creepy critters!! What a delight!

Bunny said...

I love this image. You did a great job with it. Your card is really nice. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautifully done!

Donna said...

This is just stunning Vicki, so many fabulous details, glossy accent, liquid pearls, wink of stella that make your image shine! Great coloring as usual!

Donna Ellis said...

SOOO CUTE, Vicki! LOVING your design sketch - DEFINITELY casing the sketch LOL, and the colors are fabulous! Another thing I'm casing is the idea of using the liquid pearls all over your flower arrangement! FANTASTIC IDEA (especially if I need to cover up boo boos. LOL). I was wondering whether this Bugaboo image would make a good rubber stamp, and I keep leaning toward it. Thank you for sharing! hugs, de

Claire Grantham said...

OMG this is absolutely STUNNING. I love your colouring and the bright spring colours, so gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Claire DT

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, love the image and beautiful colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

CaroleAnn said...

This is such a happy and bright, cheery card. Love the little lady bug peeking out on the side. This is a great image too!!

Margreet said...

These are really warm colors Vicki...love your coloring of the boot! Gorgeous card!
xxx Margreet

Maike said...

Awesome card! Love all the papers you have used and the little pearls between your flowers make the image look extra special ;o) Thank you for joining our "Spring into Spring" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a great day, Maike DT

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki! I love that adorable Bugaboo image and the bright colors, fabulous layout too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Chrissy said...

Oh, I love this Vicki..what a neat image and coloured beautifully..love the little pearls and that cute ladybug..the papers are perfect and love your design..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Wonderful extras on the bugaboo boot - pearls, glittery goodness and shine. Such a pretty card all around.

Jeannie said...

I'm popping in from SCS for a closer look at this sweet creation. Love everything about it :) I'm in need of a new printer, what kind do you have to print your digitals?

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

jimlynn said...

Such pretty coloring on this precious image! Love your entire card Vicki. Outstanding!
Lynn

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with those flowers in a boot! I really like the corner accent and the kraft sponging around the edges. It's a great look, beautifully colored too!

MaryH said...

Love these pretty posies in the wellie. What sheen you created too, and I really like those bright photo corners. The tiny posey paper looks so nice with all the bright pops of red & splendid work on utilizing that interesting sketch too! This just shouts "spring sunshine" to me! TFS & Hugs (good for you at getting such a great freebie!)

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. What a fun image.

tampatha said...

A really cute card and I love the digi image! Bugaboo has some awesome ones! Your coloring is really great! The warm hues are so nice and inviting aren't they :) Thanks for joining our Spring is in the Air challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.

Tammy DT Co-ordinator

MiamiKel said...

Super sweet my friend! I know so many are waiting on a peek of spring and your warm cheerful card is a great reminder! Super sketch - great job on the stunner !!

Jerrie said...

Your rainboot rocks! It is perfect for this time of year. Love all your details!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello Vicki :-)
Amazing card, beautiful work with a sketch, but I took the colors !! So beautiful looks red and yellow color. A brown shadows Adding even more accentuated these colors. Very, very beautiful card!
Hugs,
BożenA

Kuni said...

Stunning card Vicki, i love the image.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Pollard Carole said...

Fab card and great colours its a sweet stamp and i love that corner idea its looks amazing Love and hugs Carole x

Donna said...

Congrats Vicki, be sure to check out the winners at Sketch Saturday!!

Donna said...

Love the boot!
Such a lovely spring card!
Thanks for playing along with us at SKETCH SATURDAY!!

Patti J said...

OMG, what a darling image! You've showcased it to perfection! I love that boot...hmmm...wonder if it's still available? Who can resist a cute boot? Hugs!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the image and fabulous colouring-not often I use yellow but you card looks brilliant and great layout
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

What a great sketch and your colours are fabulous. The mix of the colours and the papers are gorgeous....as is that image x Beautiful card x

Angela said...

Your card looks so beautiful, the image is so fantastic and the colors you've used are great.
Thanks a lot for joining us at our Easter / Spring challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT

Fiki said...

Beautiful card !

Josephine said...

Beautiful - love the sunny colours!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your card is amazing and wonderful
Hugs Anja

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely image! Wonderfully designed!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! Your coloring just pops that image right off the page! I love all of the texture you add too- fabulous!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Such a great Spring card! We sure are getting our share of rain in NJ! Love the yellow boot with the pretty pink flowers!

J said...

I really like the yellow and red combination on your card - Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Angela Radford said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge. Angela x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki, the colour combo is one of my all time favs and this Bugaboo image is adorable! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Hope to see you back soon from your blogging break x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...