"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Camp Create Finish Line!

Hello friends!
I'm back with the last of the MFT Camp Create projects! Whew!  Just in time!

So let's get started with the Camp Create BONUS Camp Fire challenge and start putting together those gooey and yummy smores!! :)  This one is called "Divine Dry Embossing":
I really loved Stephanie's idea to use die cuts to emboss with.  This really stretches out the use of something expensive in your stash and I love that!  And then I was reminded of a past online card classes that I took and I wanted to try out a technique that I never had a chance to try out from that class and this is also the first time that I've pulled out this last MFT card kit that I purchased too!

What I did was emboss the "you" die sentiment along with the scallop stitched rectangle die and then I also used the same dies and cut out some masking paper with them.  I did the same thing for the images in the background as well.  Once I embossed them, I used the masked dies to cover up certain places that were embossed and then blended some distress ink over it.  I thought it turned out really cool!  I then just stamped the images in the background and then added a sentiment with the embossed "you" sentiment and popped that panel over the floral embossed design.  

Here's a closer look at some of the embossed details:
I really hope that you can see some of the embossed details from the dies!
I've used MFT dies:  Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle STAX
Dies from the Sketchy Flowers card Kit (along with the images and sentiments)

I really like how this one turned out and it's probably my favorite out of them all!

Because I have finished this card, I have earned the Axes Bonfire Badge:
(Divine Dry Embossing)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for the final Day 5 at Camp Create, we go out with a glittery firework bang!
Here's my last card for Camp Create called "Glitzy Glitter" :
I absolutely fell in love with Stephanie's glittery butterfly and wanted to duplicate it as much as I possibly could!  I was happy to have the butterfly dies that she used on hers.

I have SO MANY glitters and hardly ever get to use those pretty colored ones.  I used Stick-It to create the glittery butterfly and covered it with some pretty blue and silver glitters I had in my stash.  I again used the MFT Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle STAX to cut a piece of white card stock and then I took the MFT Star Grid stencil and sponged some MFT Blue Breeze ink over it.

I then stamped the "hugs" sentiment with some SU! Smokey Slate ink.  The sentiment comes from another MFT card kit that I haven't touched! LOL!  I mounted the scalloped white piece to an A2 sized Smokey Slate card base.  I glued the butterfly to the card in just the center so that the wings lifted up on the card.

Here's a closer look at the glittery details:
I think it turned out amazing and I really like the multi-colored sparkle!

So since I've finished this card, I have earned the Day 5 Pine Trees badge:
(Glitzy Glitter)

Yay!  I've made it and earned all of the badges!!  So happy I made it all in time!  That was a very busy creative couple of days for sure! LOL!
I'm almost sad that the Camp has ended as it has really kicked me gear and helped get me some MOJO back that I was missing!

Thanks for hanging out with me at camp and I hope you've enjoyed the inspiration!

I'll be back again tomorrow to share another Flashback Friday with you!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


17 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous projects Vicki...glad to see you back...congrats on earning those badges!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

I have not seen that first technique used before, but it sure looks awesome, Vicki!! I love all the cards you have created for Camp Create!! Such fabulous designs!!

Monika Reeck said...

Your YOU sentiment is Fantastic
so white and behind is blue
I love that flowers too
so sweet card Vicki

and you are so different than me I dont like glitter too much at my card
cause if I touch it my hand will full with glitter hehehe
your butterfly sooo beautifully and bling2 with the glitter
love the HUGS too and the stencil there
Adorable card both Vicki

I was not jump to my friends blog
but today I try to catch up your new posts
Hope you like to visit my new cards too...I posted 2x a day hehe
much too much I think
I will make 2 cards in a Post like you did here..
hugs
Monika

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on winning the bages-love the brilliant embossing with dies-never tried that one-great stamps used in the background-love the glittery butterfly
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki..love the embossing on the first, never done that myself, and love the sparkle on your wonderful butterfly..

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

These are beautiful Vicki! I love the background on the first card and what an awesome technique, I'll have to try that for sure! Gorgeous CAS card, I love that sparkly butterfly!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

What fabulous creations using the new techniques! I absolutely adore that glittered butterfly with that beautiful subtle stenciling! Well done on both!

Donna said...

Amazing projects for Camp Create, thanks for the inspiration and the links. I had fun participating and gave you a shout out on my blog.

CaroleAnn said...

So glad you came back as I miss your inspiration in cards. I just went thru all your cards and you have been back in a flurry to say the least!!! Love it! Your interactive cards are great - love the little "open here" or "pull" here tabs. All your cards are just beautiful.

But I do have to say I understand, I have been thinking of just backing off from challenges for awhile and just create whatever I feel at the moment, instead of always feeling like I am rushing to get to a "deadline". Life is too short not to enjoy the journey of creating!! Big Hugs to you, my crafting friend, xxoo

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love both of your cards! I love the idea of embossing with dies, then using masks to add color- amazing! And, the look of it is amazing! I have a 'stash' of glitter- your butterfly is beautiful and I love the glitter colors! You never disappoint my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Two gorgeous projects my friend, the butterfly is amazing. Love it.xx [aNNie]

Fiki said...

wonderful cards!
have a great weekend!
hugs

Patti J said...

Look at you go! These are gorgeous, Vicki! Love the soft blending on the first one! Great job, as always - thanks for the inspiration :)

Nana Connie said...

Both of these are magnificent, Vicki! I, too, forget that you can use dies to emboss and I love how you did yours. It looks like the "YOU" is inlaid. Beautifully done. And that glittery butterfly is incredible! Love the relatively simple design you used on that card, my friend.

Pia S said...

I've tried this embossing with dies technique with one of my larger dies with sentiments, but it certainly didn't turn out looking fancy like this. Love this masking and sponging trick, and the background turned out awesome.
Your second card is a simple sparkling beauty.

Lori Kobular said...

Two great cards, I absolutely love the beautiful butterfly card!

MiamiKel said...

Awww sensational cards Vicky each and every one! Good to see you stamping and blogging again ! Good luck at the camp ! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...