"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, June 23, 2017

Flashback Friday -More From a Slanted View...

Hello friends!
We made it...we are here...finally Friday!  We are also in the middle of the year and going towards the downhill side of it which also means, yes, Christmas will be here before you know it!  LOL!
I know, I didn't really type that out, did I?!

As promised, I have another Flashback Friday to share with you today.
Realizing that I'm sharing my creations during the same months as the previous year's creations, I see that I only have one more Friday to share June creations with you, so pardon the many cards in one post, but I wanted to keep them all in the same months.

So here are some more shares from my SCS Dirty Dozen DT  June month time span from last year.  Again, although these are new to some of you that are not SCS fan club members, I thought you would enjoy seeing them here as a Flashback Friday post.  Hope you enjoy!
To see the original upload on SCS - Click Here (fan club members only)

I put this one as a favorite for that month I guess because I thought all of the masking of the scoops turned out pretty cool and I like that it was a different sized card being on the tall side.  I used a SU! stamp set called Honeycomb Happiness and masked it several times to create the stacked scoops of ice cream.  I topped it off with a cherry covered with crystal effects.  And while I was masking the scoops, I added some blending blue ink in the background as I went along.

I used the fun "Play on Words" challenge. The word for that month was: T-I-L-T
I have used
"T" for Tall Card
"I" for Ice Cream
"L" for Lace
"T" for Tiny Tag
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So moving along to another card for that month:
To see the original upload on SCS - Click Here (fan club members only)

I thought this card turned out pretty cool.  I like the way the shapes turned out on this one.  I didn't have a hexagon stencil for this, so I took a die cut and made my own stencil with it and inked in the different colors.  I used the photo inspiration that was given for that month as well for my card design.
And of course to fit in with the "A New Slant" theme, I tilted the layer over the black card base.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for one more Flashback, I tried out an older technique that you may be familiar with:
To see the original upload on SCS - Click Here (fan club members only)

I have done the Triple Stamping technique, but put a slight twist on it by fitting it with not only the theme for the month, but there was a sketch that I used for my card as well.
(You can see the tutorial on SCS for the Triple Stamping technique by CLICKING HERE.)
I used a very pretty SU! stamp set called "What I Love".  I heat embossed the flowers and inked over them for the ink resist effect and then just stamped the other details.  I even slanted the ribbon on it to fit with the theme.

Thanks so much for stopping by with me for a Flashback Friday post!
I will have to share with you next Friday, so I hope you'll be joining me again!
Enjoy the weekend and I'll be seeing you very soon!
-----------------------------
(I don't link to challenges on these since these were previous creations I made.)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


23 comments:

Fiki said...

Your cards are so very nice!
have a great weekend!
hugs

Donna said...

These are fabulous Vicki, your ice cream cone is fabulous, great coloring and like those cute corners,your thank you card is stunning, amazing reconciling and I still enjoy doing triple stamping. Have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah said...

These are brilliant Vicki, particularly the mint and chocolate ice cream cone...yummy!! xx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! I LOVE that fun ice cream cone and the sentiment down the side! Fabulous colorful hexagons on your second card and WOW I love that technique on your last card, beautiful colors and flowers! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

TFS your dirty dozen creations with us here. Your spot there was well deserved with such cute cards! Each one is delightful and oh so beautiful, but that big ice cream cone with the smiley face won me over first :)

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant cards love how you made you own hexagon stencil,great take on the triple embossing and love the tall ice-cream----and you will notice I have pointedly ignored your first sentence lol
Carol x

LeAnne said...

I never get tired of seeing your creations! ALL so sweet and yummy!

Debra K. said...

What a fabulous selection of cards Vicki! Love the ice cream card, it makes me want one just like that to eat :D. Wonderful masking work there.
Lovely colourful card design for your second card.
Love the third card. Wonderful stamping. Always wanted to try stamping like that so I'll follow your link to see how it's done, thanks for that. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, what an amazing icecream cone, hubby would love this as he just loves his icecream. Great show of cards and I am so glad you are back.xx
Have a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Margreet said...

All are great cards Vicki....love especially the technique of the last card!
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful bf cards Vicki love the variety of styles you share
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Monika Reeck said...

Yaay yummy ice cream stack and I love the mint and choco
perfect Ice cream for me Vicki my friend
sweet face too and nice sentiment and added the mint lace
adorable card
the second card oh woooww
love love the stencil you have did Vicki wooowww
I never try like tis this looks like they have much colors near the other
Adorable number 2 too
the last one I love the blue flowers and tiny flowers in red
lovely Layout and lovely ribbon
I remember you were soo busy at SCS and no time at your blog Vicki
Love all the card here
see you around my friend
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

Fantastic cards, all of them. I really like the ice cream one, and for the same reasons that you point out. So refreshing looking and love the tall shape. Your second one is so cool, graphic and colorful, I really like the metal string detail too. As for your third, what an original and pretty twist to the triple stamping technique!

decp8nter said...

I love them all, Vicki. You are so creative.

Lori Kobular said...

Love all of your cards Vicki! Each one is so terrific!

Lynn McAuley said...

That luscious ice cream cone is calling my name, Vicki! Fabulous cards, all!!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your cards are amazing...
the big ice, the great background ( card with thanks ) and the third card... all are wonderful.
Hugs Anja

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous
Hugs
Linda xxx

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, love the ice creams, the colours you have used are lovely. Its good to have you back at CCT x

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful post loving this Flashback Friday its great to see your fabulous cards again some great techniques as well Love and hugs Carole x

laurie said...

I didn't know you were back! So happy you are creating and sharing again. your cards are awesome, I especially like the ice cream cone one...adorable!!!

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow couldn't decide which I liked best so will go with all three. Love the brights and overlaying of the shapes (six sided) and the ice cream- that has got to be mine and then your triple layer flower take what an ingenious way to do it. Love love them all.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Such ice cream I would love to eat :-)) Fantastic card. Another cards also beautiful.
Hugs,
BozenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...