"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Going to the Sea or Beach for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
I'm stopping by to share a brand new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week we are looking for your Sea/Beach themed creations!  Such a perfect challenge now that Summer has officially started yesterday over here in the U.S.!

I'm also very happy to be back with my friends on the design team and I'm glad that they kept me around as I have lots of fun over there! :)  I hope you can join with us this week!

Here's the creation I made for this challenge.
Of course I'm still working on my MFT Camp Create 2017 creations, so I thought that I would work on that as well as create for the Cute Card Thursday challenge and kill two birds with one stone! :)  So this will also be for the Day 4 MFT Camp Create challenge called "Sensational Sliders" :
So watching Stephanie's video, I thought that her idea to create a beach themed background with distress inks was too cute and wanted to try it out as well.  I didn't have the images that she used for her slider design, so I pulled out the oh so cute MFT Penguins in Paradise stamp set, colored them with my Copics, cut them out with the coordinating dies and attached to the card.

I also don't have the interactive stamp set she used for the top of the pull tab, but I did have the Lawn Fawn set called Push Here and I've heat embossed it with white EP over the black pull tab.  So when you pull on the tab at the top, here's what it starts to look like:
You can start to see that there is a message underneath when you pull it out and the images start to pop up off the crease fold in the design.  You can also better see the details of beach ball and ice cream with the crystal effects shining.  The beach ball is popped up with foam tape.  I did not have the same die that Stephanie used to complete her card, so what I did is follow this really old tutorial on Splitcoaststampers which is what came to mind when Stephanie was doing her card.  You can check it out by CLICKING HERE. (Tutorial is called Surprise Pop Up Card)

So when you finish pulling the tab further, it reveals all of the messages underneath and inside the slider card:
As you can see, I've finished the inside of the card the same way I've done the cover of the card, which is exactly how Stephanie did her card too.

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the same penguin set in black ink and for the black pull tab at the top, I white heat embossed a birthday sentiment from a MFT set.  I thought this was such a fun and interactive birthday card, plus it was fun to relive an old technique that I had forgotten about until I saw the video.

Since I have completed this card, I have now earned the Sun Badge for Camp Create!
(Sensational Sliders)

I still have TWO more to go and the deadline is today!  So please stayed tuned in as I plan on posting and earning every single one of those badges! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will stop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog and take a look at the rest of the inspiration from the design team...they're so creative! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Challenges:
1.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Feature an animal

2.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

3.  Aud Sentiments - Bingo + a sentiment (I used 3D item, Digi or Stamped Image and Markers)



4.  Crafts Galore Encore - anything goes

5.  Pile it On - Fancy Folds and/or  put a bird on it

13 comments:

Aileen Ryan said...

So cute, love all that wonderful blending and your ohh so cute little penguin.

Debra K. said...

Another fabulous card Vicki! I just love interactive cards but haven't been brave enough to make one yet. This is just amazing. Wonderful colour blended background and cute images. Love the shiny beach ball and ice lolly (as we Brits call them). Thanks for the link to the video too :). Debra x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my GOD
I love this Pinguin so cuuute
and the ice yummmyy
and the tree colored so adoreable Vicki
I luv this sensational Sliders
want to try this too oh yeah where can I find the tutorial will you tell me Vicki?
the ball is so shiny I love it much
cute cute card and the ink splatter so adorable
do you used the new Distress Oxide Vicki
I miss you
my blog empty without your smile
hugs
Monika

Nana Connie said...

Oh, such an adorable penguin, Vicki! Love that he's soaking up some tropical sunshine. :-D I'm so tickled to see you playing over here at 2 Craft Critter Crazies. We appreciate the support, my friend. Good luck in the random draw and we hope to see you again.
NanaConnie DT

Tammy said...

Awww this slider card is adorable Vicki! I love the fun scene you created and that penguin is so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

I need to try making one of these slider cards, because I just love this! The scene you created is just too cute and I love the colors too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I think this looks like a ton of work, but your results are just amazing!!! Fabulous card. I am going to add this to my bucket list!

aussie aNNie said...

This penguin is the cutest ever. Great design and gorgeousness on a card.xx [aNNie]

Fiki said...

love this super sweet card!

Creative world said...

Brilliant summer card,awesome background and I love you did it as easel card ...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Pia S said...

This is the cutest little card, even without the special folds that makes this card even more spectacular. I so love the color blending here. Wow!

Doris Klein said...

Wow... that's just awesome! Very amazing fold cord and nice colPlease visit my challenge blog and show your nice work on it! I would be glad, if you do that!

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#6 – Beginning of the summer (let the sun shine)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
ours.

DeBe said...

Oh I love this! Your colouring is perfect and I love the distressed lookwhich makes me think of sea spray! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes June Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...