"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 29, 2017

It's Anything Goes for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
I'm swinging by to share a new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The theme for this week is a nice and easy "Anything Goes" - so have fun creating any project of your choosing and share it with us this week!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

I hardly ever decorate the inside of my cards until the last minute when I get ready to send out the card.  This time, I went over board in decorting the inside of my card! LOL!

Here's what I made for the challenge:
I decided to have a play with my Lawn Fawn stuff that I hadn't tried out like this Stitched Hillshide Pop-Up die to decorate the inside of my card.  I've also used the Ocean Hillside Pop-Up Add-On die set with it.  To create my ocean water scene, I took out my oxide inks and smeared them on a craft sheet.  I spritzed them with lots of water and ran the water color card stock through the colors.  I would dry the layers and add more until my craft sheet had no more.  I just love the fun looks with this!  For the upper portion of my inside card, I took the Lawn Fawn Ocean Wave Borders and cut a piece of watercolor paper in half.  (I've also used the LF Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out both background pieces.)  I used the same oxide watercolor method that I used for the bottom portion on the lower wave cut panel to match.

For the upper top portion of my wave cut panel, I took out my Kuretake Gansi Tambi water colors and a round brush to add some blue colors for the sky.  It has a total different look from the oxide water color technique and I think that's pretty cool.

For the images, I couldn't help but pull out my new Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh stamp set!  I colored them using my Clean Color Waterbrush Markers and I think they turned out pretty cool too!  I just love those little fishes with the bubbles!  I took the LF Ocean Waves Accents dies next to the shark so that I could tuck a little fish in there too!  I've also added some shimmer to the bubbles with my Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen.

For the top portion of the card, I've used the LF Life is Good stamp set to create an island and colored the palm tree and coconut the same way I did the fish.  I stamped a couple of the birds in the watercolor sky and then added a few white clouds with the LF Spring Showers die set.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the watercolor techniques that I've used on both panels as well as my coloring.  It looks so refreshing, I don't even think I'd mind getting in this water with that cute shark! LOL!

Here's a closer view of the bottom portion:
I think the background turned out really cool!  I can't wait to get ahold of the brand new Oxide colors that just came out and have a play with those too!!  (One day soon I hope to do a video tutorial on the different ways to use them!)

I imagine the tiny fish trying to swim away from the shark swooping down into the water.  That sentiment is so fun too!

I did do the front of the card as well, but it's not as detailed as the inside of my card of course because I wanted the inside to steal the show.  So here's the front of the card:
I took the LF Watercolor Wishes paper and cut a strip to make a belly band to fit around the whole card to keep it closed up with all of that bulk on the inside.

I used the LF Happy Happy Happy stamp set to stamp my sentiment on the belly band and then as you can see I added a tiny fish with bubbles as well as the "Duh-Nuh." sentiment from the LF Duh Nuh stamp set all over the background to give a hint as to what may be lurking on the inside! LOL!

I hope you've enjoyed my creation as much as I had fun making it!  Please stop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog to see the rest of what the talented design team has created and I hope you will share your wonderful creations there this week as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I will be back with another share tomorrow!  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawn Fawnatics - Watercolor


2.  Daring Cardmakers - Inspired by the Sea

3.  Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C391) - include water

4.  Pammie's Inky Pinkies (PIP1726) - Anything Goes

30 comments:

Debra K. said...

What a fun card! Fabulously coloured sea and sky. Love the stamps you've used, the fish and bubbles are rather cute. Perfect front of card for the wow inside. It's funny but I'm making my first pop up card using LF goodies too :D. Great minds think alike! Debra x

Kim said...

I love your ocean theme and the background is gorgeous!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card love the stamps and brilliant sea-love the sentiments too
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Laughing all the way through your delightful post, Vicki! Amazing colors for your layers in the pop up elements, and such cute little fish among the jawsome duo. By the time I got to the envelope, I burst out laughing. What a fun project - not only to give and receive, but to make! (great use of the oxides, too!) xx

Lynn McAuley said...

Your pop up shark card is absolutely awesome, Vicki! How adorable!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant Vicki! Love the scene you have created. A true feel of summer.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

What a great fun card Vicki...you created a gorgeous background and scene...I would like to jump in the water!
xxx Margreet

Pia S said...

Wow, what a cool, detailed design! Great job on the sky and waves and on putting together this paradise island scene with sharks lurking in the waters. The front is fun!

Chrissy said...

FABulous cute card Vicki..love your ink smooshing background and fabulous card design and the little fish and island..lovely scene.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

OMGosh what a super fun pop-up card Vicki!! I LOVE the adorable scene you created, the water & waves look amazing!
Hugs, Tammy

Lori Kobular said...

Love your card! The water turned out gorgeous! Those oxide inks are awesome! Great fun card!

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card thanks for sharing!!!

Carol L said...

Hah hah! this is such a cute and fun card, and I like the front almost as much as the inside with all the Duh-nuh's stamped on it! I thought I'd long forgotten that movie Jaws, but clearly I haven't! This is so much fun and so so cute!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what an ADORABLE card! I agree completely with Donna Ellis! Got a real giggle out of this one and love the fish and shark! What fun, and I do love the Oxide inks...nothing like it for the effect you achieved. Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

A fabulous and cute water scene card Vicki, love love love...xx
Have a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Heidi Stamps said...

This is an everything but the kitchen sink card! I love it! The water you created has so much depth and the cuteness level is super! Great job! I hope you have a great day!

Kate said...

WHat a jaw-some card Vicki!!! I just love your backgrounds and your cool scene !!!

Fiki said...

this is amazing card!
love it!
have a nice day
hugs

Angelnorth said...

What a fun pop-up scene, love it! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers!

Nana Connie said...

Boy, when you came back, you came with a bang, my friend! You've been so creative and productive and it's wonderful to see. :-D I laughed so hard over this one, especially the front of the card. What a wonderful introduction to the inside. Fab watercoloring, and the little fishes are delightful.

Aileen Ryan said...

Fantastic card, so much detail, all the layers and sentiments and its just going to make someone very very happy. Brilliant.

Nancy K said...

Super fun pop-up card, Vicki! Love the fun design inside and out! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

Karen Gerek said...

Great pop up card design. Really love it!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wonderful card. I love the sea waves that you created. Beautiful colors and a wonderful idea to add an additional middle element. The card is really amazing!
Hugs,
BozenA

Megan said...

Love all the layers in your card!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute!!! Well done!

Jerrie said...

Your beach scen card with the fishes and palm tree rocks with all the layered waves!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, the little scene is great x

Donna said...

This is absolutely amazing, so happy to have you back!

Lola said...

You didn't go "over board" at all! This is fantastic - especially for shark week! LOVE everything about this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...