"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Take 2017 Shaker Feat.

Hello friends!
So I come back last week with a vengance and several posts.. then all of the sudden I decided it was time to get sick and not post for a couple of days!  WOW!  I am feeling better today and hopefully I can get back "on track" and continue my routine as normal..whatever that is!

 

I couldn't pass up the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop without making a card and I was also able to get into some more un-used stash and have a play with it!  Do any of you guys buy up all of those card kits and then not use them?  I have seriously got to decide if I'm going to use them or stop buying them!  I really can't keep buying them and then not make anything with it!  So TODAY I was determined to dig into those un-used card kits and see what I can do and here's what it was:
Although I hadn't planned on making a shaker card, that's just how this one happened to turn out in the end!  My coffee is so bright that it has to wear shades!!  LOL!

So for the coffee cup, it has come the SSS February 2017 card kit and I've used some of the papers included in that kit to paper piece portions of it.  I did stamp a smile face on the cup from another image within the same set, but the sunglasses image and the papers that I've used on my shaker came from the SSS June 2015 card kit (YES...I know, but I keep buying them!)

I've used my Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die to make the frame with the rainbow paper.  I also used it to cut out two pieces of craft foam.  I took some yellow decorative paper from the 2015 card kit and blended some oxide ink over a MFT Sun Ray Stencil and then used my Spectrum Noir glitter pen to add some shimmer to it.  I've also used the STAMPlorations Literary Caffeine-ations to heat emboss the sentiment over the sun ray panel.  I altered the sentiment to fit the Summer theme by taking some more of the papers from that kit and cutting out a word to add to the end of the embossed sentiment.  I added my finished shaker to a layer of black card stock and then attached it to a top folding A2 sized card base.  Lastly finished it off with some black twine at the top.

Here's a closer view of the shaker details:
You can see all of the sparkly sequins inside the shaker and I've also added some shimmer to the sunglasses on the coffee too.

I know that there are several of you that make a card for each day, but I have to say that I don't think I would ever have the energy in me to do that!  I am happy that I was able to get this one in before the deadline! LOL!  And sometimes plans...well....they don't always plan out!

Hope you've enjoyed my card for today!  Thanks for dropping in!
Be sure to stop by here tomorrow as I will have another post! Yay!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Creative Fingers - Anything Goes

2.  Sweet Stampin' - Lots of Layers

3.  Glitter 'N' Sparkle - Anything Goes

4.  Make My Monday - Summer Brights

5.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

30 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Very seeet, Vicki! Love the burst of color ! Hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Yes it is often funny how we start a card and then it doesn't end up as we thought. Loving the shaker element and glad it turned out that way. Fun colours and how cute is the coffee cup with the shades? x

Kate said...

Super Cool Card. Love those shades on your coffee cup!!!

Shelly said...

So awesome, Vicki! Love it!

Nana Connie said...

I love shaker cards, Vicki! Can't make them myself but I do love them. Great design, fab paper choice, and the "coolest" cup of hot coffee ever. :-D

Beebeebabs said...

Such a nice card!!!

Andrea W said...

Awesome card! I really like the sentiment and the shades on the coffee cup is a fun detail.

Heidi Stamps said...

Very cool coffee card! I love the sentiment and brightness! So cute that the coffee is wearing sunglasses. TFS!

MakeYourLifeColourful said...

Great that you're feeling better again! Love your sunny card design and the cute glasses on the coffee cup!

Debra K. said...

I love a shaker card and this one is just wonderful! It's started my morning off nicely with a smile. Lovely and colourful, no wonder the coffee cup needs shades and sparkly ones too :D. Elton John would be jealous! Debra x

Kim said...

This turned out awesome! I love shaker cards.

crafty-stamper said...

Glad to hear your feeling better -fabulous shaker card love the sparkle and the great coffee cup
Carol x

Lois Wyche said...

A very nice card...love the design and colors.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous coffee shaker design, Vicki!! Looks like today I will have to make do with coffee but no sunshine!!

Pia S said...

I don't buy any card kits (Norwegian tax laws for shopping abroad would make them too expensive) , but I do recognize those papers, I think I've got that paper pad. I love these papers, ultra summery, and I do fancy shaker cards.

Tammy said...

What a fabulous shaker card Vicki! I love the bright colors and that adorable coffee cup, sooo cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Lori Kobular said...

Love your fun summer shaker card! The sunglasses on the coffee cup are a great idea and I love the bright colors!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. I love your sunny coffee card design and the bright stripes.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

This is so cute. Love that it's a shaker and I really dig the shades.

Dana said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Your card so so fun and cute!! Love the little sunglasses on the coffee cup!!

~amy~ said...

Glad you're feeling better, such a fun shaker card!

Fiki said...

Love your shaker card!
its so nice!
hugs

Cass said...

Fab shaker card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hetty said...

Verty cool and colorful shaker card.

Lisa said...

Awesome! Love how you changed the sentiment!

Cara said...

Such a fun card, love the expression on the coffee! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable shaker card! You did a wonderful job with the kit!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Donna said...

Fantastic shaker card and how true is that saying!

Nandini said...

Fabulous shaker and I love the pattern paper you have used! Great to see you in the Make My Monday gallery. Hope you join us again soon. Nandini, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...