"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Anything Goes at Cute Card Thursday - Another Card for Little Hearts Card Drive

Hello friends!
Hope your week is going great so far!
I have had such a busy week and I know I'm ready to sit at the computer to see what lovely creations you all have been making...I've missed visiting! :)

Just swinging by real quick to share a new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week is an easy peasy "Anything Goes"...show us what projects you're working on!
We can't wait to see it!

I have decided to do more "Christmas in July" and add another card to the
Card for Little Hearts Card Drive - CLICK HERE for details
I pulled out this adorable fella from MFT called "Beast Friends" as I thought this would be a fun image for the little children to get a smile out of.  :)

I saw the sketch over at My Favorite Things and thought I would just fit my design in with that.
I colored him in with my Copics and used the coordinating dies to cut out him along with the heart above his hand and the scarf that I've attached to him.

I have used the MFT colors Nightshift Blue and  Wild Wisteria for my color palette.
I've created a frame with the MFT Die-namics Stitched Ovals and for the navy colored oval, I also used the MFT Die-namics Snowfall-Horizontal to create the "snow" background.  I've also used the two colors to create the zigzag strip along the side using the MFT Die-namics Stepped Up Chevron.  I just stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in the navy ink over a banner that I cut the fishtails on each end.  I used foam squares to pop up my little beastie guy and the heart.  I took the tiny snowflake another MFT stamp set that I think has retired now.

Here's a closer view of the beastie buddy:
I really like him in the white fur color tones, but I think he would still be cute in any color combination! :)

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today!
Please be sure to stop by the Cute Card Thursday blog to see the inspiration from the rest of the team and please be sure to share your creations with us this week too!

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  My Favorite Things Card Challenges - Wednesday Sketch


2.  Scraps of Life - Rudolph Days - Christmas Anything Goes

3.  Crafting by Designs - Get Ready for Christmas



21 comments:

Pri Created said...

This is super cute Vicki...the design as well as the beast...just perfect for the sketch challenge..!!

Debra K. said...

He is just sooo cute :)!. Wonderful take on the sketch. I love the navy/lilac combination with the oval and the zag zags. The little snowflakes are a sweet finishing detail. This will definitely make the children smile I did when I saw it :D. Debra x

Margreet said...

Such a cool card with that cute fella! Love the zigzags!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

So creative how you put these scenes together. Such a cute beastie and all the die cuts work so well together. Particularly loving the stepped zig zag one...so eye catching x

Lois Wyche said...

So gorgeous. Love the image and your design. Beautiful work.

Donna said...

This is absolutely adorable Vicki, like the darling little guy with your coloring and great design.

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card and the image is so cute.
Hugs
Linda xxx

scrappymo! said...

What a fun card! The beastie is so cute and loving that chevron vertical border!

scrappymo! said...

Me again. Forgot to say...
Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Monika Reeck said...

oooh Vicki just scroll all your post I feel guilty they are all adorable...
I am really sorry since I started my new job (3. July) I really never touch my papers and not sitting in my craft room tonight it is the first time I try to visiting my friends blog...I hope you forgive me

I love this one too
cuutee Image and lovely sketch you have Vicki
love the color combo too
sweeet and cute card
try to catch up
hope you have time to read my next comment on next post
hugs
Monika

PS: miss your visit and you will see my Blog is empty not much post hehe

Monika Reeck said...

Just doing catch up till your post at 13 July Miss Vicki
hope you are happy to read it
I never forget you and always get inspiration from your adorable card style
you can do all style and I learn much from you
hope I can visit more faster and more often if I am settle on my new job then
hugs
Monika

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little beastie!! Your card is way beyond cute! Some lucky child is going to LOVE this card! Thanks for participating in the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the critter.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a cute card, all right. I like the layout format you used.

Fiki said...

Love this card!
so cute!

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a cute image and a fabby colour combination too and thanks for joining us at July's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

Donna Ellis said...

How perfect for the card drive, Vicki! A tiny "Abominable Snowman" LOL Sw sweet, and a child will feel so happy and delighted by it! (gosh, ***I*** would feel delighted and happy by it! LOL hugs, de

Pia S said...

It's adorable! Cute image, lovely colors, and the card is suitable for a young child and even an older one.

Jerrie said...

This little beasty buddy is adorable and makes me long for hoodie weather...hasn;t quite convinced me into the S word though!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki! I love the color and that fabulous chevron border, awesome design!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

awww, this is so cute, and I love the graphic border on the side! Adorable card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...