"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 24, 2017

Cold Flamingos - Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive

Hello friends!
Here we are towards the end of another Summer month already!  I had planned on making lots more Christmas creations than I have actually been able to make, but before my absence, I did have a start on making a few anyway!  Crafting Christmas themed creations can help cool you down...just so you know! LOL!  I plan on making several more because I would like to help out this wonderful cause started by Christina Hor:

(Please click on the badge above for full details about this card drive.)
I also have this badge on the sidebar of my blog that you can click on any time if you'd like to help spread the word or get more information about it.

Here is the start of my Christmas/Winter cards for this special cause:
Now how stinkin' funny are these guys?!  I have NEVER thought that I would ever own a single flamingo image, but this one just got me!! - So now I have flaimingos in my collection!
(Someone help me!! LOL!!)
I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear when I saw this image from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Winter Flamingos!  I have used the digital version on my cards here, but they also have a rubber stamp available in this same design too.

I've printed out the image and colored it in with my Copic markers.  I used a bright neon glitter pen to color their hats, scarves and strip on their boots.  I also took a clear glitter pen to color in the other parts of their hats.  I matted it onto a piece of black card stock and rounded two edges on the right side with my corner chomper.  I found the some pink card stock that matched up with the coloring and used my corner chomper in the same way I did the image panel.

I found an old snowflake image from my stash to stamp the background with some black ink to match the image and then mounted the image panel to the left side of the pink card base for a bit of interest on the design.

Here's a closer look at the details:
You can better see the green neon coloring as well as the shimmer from the glitter pen in my colored image.  At the bottom of the cards, I've used a piece of clear glitter tape just to add a bit more sparkle.

I think this image calls for lots of fun sparkle for sure, but I had to be very careful with adding glitter to my cards as these are going to a card drive for ill children.  What I have used on my cards will not come off, so they will be safe.

Thanks so much for dropping by today!
I hope you've enjoyed my creations today and maybe got inspired to join in this wonderful cause too!  I will be back again tomorrow with another special creation.

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sparkle N Sprinkle Facebook Challenge - Anything Goes


2.  Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

3.  Little Red Wagon - Christmas in July

4.  Crafty Gals Corner - Christmas in July

5.  Winter Wonderland - Use a digi image

27 comments:

Lois Wyche said...

These are some awesome cards for the card drive. I love that image and it puts a smile on my face. I'm sure it will do the same for those little ones who will receive it...tfs

Heidi Stamps said...

That is a wonderful, fun image, sure to put a smile on anyone's face. I like the colors and the glitter. Glad you found some that will not come off!

Dotty Jo x said...

Two gorgeous cards! Jo x

Sarah said...

Hope you are feeling better, lovely lady. I love these fun flamingoes and you were spot on with the colour choice. The glittery strip is very stylish too xx

Pia S said...

Super cute and fun! You made a background that suits the image really well, abd ut doesn't take away the focus of the fun trio of flamingos.

Migdalia said...

They are so cute!! Love the adorable flamingos!!

Fiki said...

so very cute!

Lola said...

I LOVE these! All the pink is awesome plus I have a front yard full of flamingos!

Carol L said...

These cards are just so cute with the fun image and bright red card base! The children are going to enjoy receiving these for sure :)

Patti J said...

These are adorable, Vicki! Thanks for sharing the cards and the cause. Poor, sweet kids...they will enjoy your happy creations! I didn't know that S & S had any digit images. Will have to go shopping! Thanks for enabling me, my friend!

Donna Ellis said...

Love your coloring choices and sparkle, Vicki. It's a great design for the children and so sweet. It's nice of you to make these in the midst of your own things right now. Xx

Lena's Creations said...

What lovely and festive cards. Love the cute image and the card design. The children are going to love them.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Hugs,
Lena - DT

Kim said...

These are so festive and sure is fun. Awesome for the card drive.

Debra K. said...

These are ridiculously funny flamingos! Fabulous colouring especially using the neon glitter pen, really cool. The snowflake stamping and the glitter tape are great finishing details. The children will definitely smile when they receive these. Debra x

Andrea, said...

Brilliant cards Vicki, love those fun images and great design and colours

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was by every day last week, then missed Sat and Mon. I feel like a fool. You are a generous person to donate to this worthy cause. Good for you, dear. LOVE those flamingos, even though I would never have admitted it in the past.

Pollard Carole said...

Isn't that a fab stamp just love it and your design is perfect Love and hugs Carole x

JanR said...

So fun, and so sparkly too! Wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Margreet said...

I adore this stamp, Vicki...it is so stinking cute!
Your coloring is gorgeous and I love all the glittering.
Great layout too!
xxx Margreet

Christine said...

Winter flamingos! What tremendous fun. So glad you are encouraging little ones through the card drive. Your fun greeting is sure to bring a smile!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Well, I also loved this picture :-) I admire the way you color it! These beaks are awesome!
Hugs,
BożenA

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic cards, fun and cute! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Flamingos in winter! Now clever and oh they are so cute! I love the vibrant pink with the touch of yellow on their beaks! I think I will have to add this image to my next shopping list Vicki! LOL. And I am so excited that you are participating in the card drive! Yay! Thank you so much! Wishing you a lovely day Vicki. Take care.

Monika Reeck said...

yayyy double cuutee card
love the colors
love the image
love the cutenes in here
sweet BRRR card Vicki
love love love

Lori Kobular said...

Great cards! Those flamingos are just as cute as can be! Thanks for participating in the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive!!

Jerrie said...

Oh Vicki, the goofy eyes get me! This card is so stinking cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards Vicki and great colouring-I have just won this image
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...