"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Dare to Get Dirty is Off and Running!

Hello friends!
I don't normally post on a Sunday, but I thought I would share a few things that I have been working on "behind the scenes" as I've mentioned earlier! :)

I appologize for not getting around to visit you, but my excuse it just stamping in my stamp room!  LOL!  I think I've had a few bits and pieces of time here and there to eat and shower! :)

**I wanted to mention that I have started a new Facebook page called Stamp Smiles.  I would love it if you are on Facebook to "like my page" please!  I wanted to do this so people could get updates to my blog without having to send me a personal friend request to see what I'm posting on my blog.  I think it keeps things more seperated and people can look at what they're interested in.  I really don't post much at all with my personal page, so if you want updates on Facebook, this is the best way to do that! :)  Thank you!**

Anyway, I wanted to share some creations that I've made for my fellow Splitcoaststampers "Dare to Get Dirty" teammates!  I cannot share what these challenges are as you must be a fan club member to join us!  (If you are interested in that CLICK HERE for details.)

This event started up yesterday, so I'm sharing the samples I made for both yesterday and today's challenges....I had so much fun! :)

Here's the card I made for Julie's challenge:
I used the STAMPlorations stencil called Leaf Prints.
I've used the Watercolor Imprints tutorial on SCS to make my background.  (CLICK HERE to see the tutorial.  - you don't need to be a club member to see it!)  I was happy to play some more with my oxide inks and I think they work beautifully with this technique!

I finished up the card by die cutting the STAMPlorations Smile Word die in black card stock except I omitted the dot in the "i" and replaced with a black heart I already had cut out on my work desk...I just grabbed it and added that.  I also took a small strip across the bottom of the die cut word for interest and added a stamped sentiment from the STAMPlorations stamp set called Bloom Sketches.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the design with the different colors in the background.
I finished the card off with some sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh and added some clear Stickles in the center of each one.

----------------------------
Today starts another bunch of challenges, so there are several teammates that I've made samples for their challenges that I wanted to share:

This first one was made for Jacqueline's challenge:
So I really enjoyed playing using the above tutorial and thought that I would continue on with it!  So for this card, I've used some blue tone oxide inks and tried out the STAMPlorations Snowflakes All Over.  It didn't show up as cleanly as the top one did, so I added some more stamping to it with the music sheet image from the STAMPlorations Scribbly Splatterfy Grunge set and stamped with white ink and blue oxide ink.  I cut it out with a LF Stitched rectangle die.

I took the STAMPlorations Let it Snow die cut (I don't own this die, but a fellow crafty friend Jerrie cut one out and sent it to me.  Thank you Jerrie!) and I covered it with VersaMark and added some clear glitter EP and heatset that in and attached it to the background panel.

I also took the LF stamp set Let it Snow and white heat embossed it twice to go along with the die cut sentiment.  So now I have the song in my head pretty good while I'm working! LOL!
I bought a set of wood veneer snowflakes last year, so I used some white pigment ink and covered the snowflake with it and then used the same clear glitter EP as the die cut word for it.

The watercolor background panel was mounted onto a piece of navy card stock and then mounted onto a white sidefolding card base.

Closer look at the details:
I finished the card off with a bow tied with LF Silver Sparkle twine and a die cut silver glitter heart.
I also added some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins mix and topped the centers with some silver Stickles.
------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is a card I made for the lovely Nancy's challenge:
I must have really been in the Christmas mood and it was great to get another done anyway! :)

I actually was surprised with myself as there was absolutely no stamping involved here!
I think I have hoarded my chipboard pieces, so I got out my pieces to play!  I took the snowflake/star shapes (IDK what they are!) and painted them with some white gesso.  It was still pretty dark after the first coat, so I gave the pieces a second coat.  I then took some Inkarub platinum and went over the edges with it for a bit of shimmer.

I have had this pack of Christmas chipboard accents for quite a while and used the chipboard button to go over the white pieces.  I tied a bow with some natural twine through it as well as the chipboard sentiment at the bottom of the decoration.

I mounted all of this onto a piece of SU! DSP that was cut out with a square stitched die and mounted onto a layer of white card stock.  I then mounted this onto a kraft 5x5 card base.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can better see the shimmer coming from the edges of the chipboard.
I really like how this one turned out...especially with no stamping!
------------------------------------------


So for my final share today, this is the card that I've made for Lee's challenge:
This was another fun card to do!
I am new to these Honey Bee Stamps and I think they're so cute!  This set that I've used on my card here is the Sweet as Honey (along with the coordinating dies)

I did the background by white heat embossing the honey combs from the set over watercolor paper.  I used my Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink and sponged over the background and added water spots for the oxide effect.  I also pushed some of the ink onto my craft mat, spritzed it and took a watered down paint brush so that I could create a few splatters in the background as well.  I then cut it out with the LF Dotted Rectangle die.  I wrapped some natural twine and tied with a bow and made my own tag from black card stock.  I white heat embossed the sentiment on the tag which came from the stamp set.  I stamped the little trail behind the bee on this panel as well.  I then mounted this watercolor panel onto a black layer and then mounted that onto a top folding A2 sized white card base.

For the bee image, I stamped and colored with my Copic markers and then used the coordinating dies for this set to cut it out.  I used some foam tape to pop it up for dimension.
For the honey jar, I paper pieced it with some honey comb papers that has been in my stash for years!  I thought it was very appropriate for this jar!  I fussy cut it out and distressed the edges with some of that Wild Honey oxide ink and stamped the sentiment and bee over it.  I used a black marker to add trail marks behind the bee on the jar.  I then took some gold Stickles to add some "honey drips" at the top of the jar.  I also paper pieced the jar lid with some LF plaid papers, fussy cut it out, stamped the ribbon image over it and then used some foam tape to pop it up.  I did the same with the flower and tucked it behind the jar.  I added some more Stickles to the bee wings on the jar and for accents on the center of the flower.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can better see the details of the background as well as the little touches of glitter that I've added to the jar, flower and bee.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing what I've been doing "behind the scenes"!
I think I'm totally lost in trying to keep up with blog challenges, so I might add them later...not sure right now!  I need to seriously go clean my house and do some errands today!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


21 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, Vicki, you has been a busy bee behind the scenes. But all of what you show looks beautiful and inspires me to go to work with my oxides too. Your details are amazing. Love your works! Thanks for your comment via email!
xxx Margreet

Lois Wyche said...

These are all really beautiful, gorgeous, awesome cards. The coloring is wonderfully done. I like them all especially the "bee" one.

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Vicki..I love the backgrounds and gentle sparkle...so beautiful and the honey pot with that little bee has to be my favourite..so gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Fiki said...

yours cards are gorgeous!
hugs

Pia S said...

Really awesome cards! I love the stencil technique you've used, I got to try this. I think the let it snow card is a great example of a card that could be mass produced, some small changes and you'd create very different looks. The chipboard card feels nice and rustic and that honey jar card is so sweet and summery. I do like the golden colors, splatters and glitter.

Jerrie said...

Wow! Each card has fun details! I love the honey card and how you have transitioned from the background to the honey jar! The glitz of the oozing honey is great! Love the sparkle in your poinsettia card! The details in the background of your let it snow card add so much fun! Your smile card is great too! Love your post!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, you've been busy. These are all beautiful.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki...
I´m back from my holiday and see wonderful cards on your page.... so beautiful.... my favorit is with your bees....
Have a wonderful day
Anja

Shelly Schmidt said...

Goodness gracious you have been busy! I hope to hop over to SCS tomorrow and check out the challenges. Your cards are all just fabulous! I just love all of the details- and I am itching to try my Oxide inks with this technique- such a great look!

Debra K. said...

Wow, wow, wow Vicki! You HAVE been really busy crafting all these fantastic cards. There are just too many wonderful details on each card for me to comment on. My favourite though is the chipboard, such a simple but oh, so elegant design. Love the Inkarub shimmer, the little red accent in the middle and the sentiment. It may not have taken as much work as the others but it's just so gorgeous. Sounds like you need a lie down after making all these :D. Debra x

Donna Ellis said...

Congrats on your new FB page, Vicki! I had joined it upon your invitation already, and am enjoying following you. Your assortment of cards today are amazing! So many pretty techniques achieving some fabulous textures! I envy your ability to tie those little twine knots. Sigh. My fumble fingers just cannot do detail work like that - I've even gotten to the point where buttoning my clothing is becoming difficult. LOL

I especially enjoy how the various challenges have inspired you to create this wonderful masterpieces! My favorite is your honey and bees - so bright and cheerful! It reminds me of when I walk outside with all the hummingbirds, butterflies and bees happily doing their thing on the blooms.

Beautiful selection! Thanks for the inspiration, Vicki! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

So many gorgeous cards! Love all the bright and bold colors on your cards! That smile die is super cute! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful cards!

Heidi Stamps said...

It's hard when people share a lot of cards at once because there is just so much prettiness to comment on! I will keep it short and say I love them all! Have a great day!

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, I love them all.
Hugs
Linda xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant selection of cards Vicki love the fabulous backgrounds-the stencilling and of course I absolutely adore the Bee one
Carol x

CaroleAnn said...

Wowza!! I could not tell you what I like best as each and every card was beautiful in its own right!!! But the last card really got me - i love the colors you used and the stickles drops of honey - so clever!!! You have been busy as these bees!!! Hugs

Lynn McAuley said...

I won't get to play along much this year like I have in years past, but I sure love the fabulous samples you are sharing here, Vicki!! How awesome!!

Tammy said...

Stunning cards Vicki! Oh, how I LOVE the snowflake card, gorgeous design and colors! Adorable honey card too, I love the embossing!
Hugs, Tammy

cm said...

....GASP! Breath taken away with the assortment of beautiful cards here; the poinsettia...oh my stars! Stunning! Good for you in focusing on crafting and don't ever worry about catching up with me. I know you see my posts, give them a smile and carry on. I'd rather you be doing something you love, rather than spending precious time leaving comments upon comments. We need to find ways to streamline that process...Anyway, in love with your designs here. Going back to gaze at the poinsettia for a while longer...
Hugs~c

Carol L said...

oh what gorgeous colors and backgrounds, and I love the tiny heart dotting the "i" in smile!The sparkly flower on red is just stunning and I love that golden sparkly honey oozing out of the jar! Beautiful creations!! TFS

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Mac !! I love this picture, I am tempted to sacrifice penguins while raising their offspring. I love shiny accents, they add a winter chuckster card. Excellent design.
Hugs,
BożenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...