"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, July 28, 2017

Flashback Friday - This Land is My Land Finish Line

Hello friends!
Welcome to another "Flashback Friday" post!  I am looking forward to sharing the last of my last year's July creations with you as I narrow down where I live! :)

*As I mentioned last month starting my "Flashback Friday" posts, that although these are previously made creations, I have never posted them on my blog up until now.  The only way you may have seen them before is if you are apart of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club, as I made these last year during my time as a Dirty Dozen DT member and only SCS fan club members would've been able to see them.  I am posting them here for you as a "Flashback Friday" post so that those of you who are not fan club members are still able to see what I created for it.  I was not allowed to post them anywhere else at that time until 6 months had passed...so now I'm sharing them a year later with you as they were shown on SCS.  I hope you enjoy these creations clear up until the end of November!*

--------------------------------------
Shall we finish up with July?  The theme for the month was:  "This Land is My Land"
--------------------------------------
The plan for my uploads for this month was to take the fan club reader on a "journey" into "my world" and narrow it down to where I live.  Here are the last of those creations:
To see the original upload on SCS - CLICK HERE! (fan club members only)

The last week's flashback was still concentrating on the state where I live, this time I have narrowed it down to the rural area of where I live.
Here's what I've said about this on my SCS upload:
I have taken an actual old map from my car and used the section of it to share exactly where I'm from. It's a small rural city and the houses really are further apart than what you would see in a larger city. Many places in my state and around the area where I live are mostly farm houses. The roads in my county are long, winding and probably will put you to sleep if you're driving through! I enjoy the fact that I get to enjoy the extremes of every season and wouldn't change it for a thing!

I have ink blended the sky at the top and stamped a sentiment from an older stamp set in my stash.  I used a border die for the houses in black and used a glitter pen to color in the windows.  I took some green ink to sponge on the trees.  For the map, I've used a border dir to cut around the area from where I live and cut it in half to create the "highway" through the middle of it.  I have a glitter die cut heart glued to one of the houses.

I have lived in this area since I was born and would probably find it difficult to leave, but I also enjoy seeing the rest of the world as much as possible.  I sometimes feel like the tiny dot on a map when I think about how huge the entire world is...makes me feel very small.  That's totally fine with me! :)  I am happy to have my heart here at home along with the people I love.

------------------------------------------------------
For the final stop on my journey and last card for this July Flashback, I have decided to go "back in time" to a childhood memory:
To view the original upload on SCS - CLICK HERE! (fan club members only)

Here's what I've said about this card in my original upload:
This card is a quick "snapshot" from my mind as a child. We used to go camping all the time. We used to go every year to this one place that wasn't very far away from where we live. It was a lake/camp ground area that had a water-park like theme, but lake style. I have lots of fond memories of us spending Summer vacations there. We had a maroon colored car like the one I colored here and our camper was a beige/brownish color of the "pop up" style.

I hope to continue on with this snapshot from childhood with my DH when he retires in a few years from now....which is why I put "follow yours dreams" at the top of this one. I can't wait to venture off with him to relive those excited feelings I had as a child on vacation in the Summer. :)

I thought that this childhood memory would be great to add as to where I'm from and also share where I plan on going in the future!  The time is getting even closer for my husband to retire and we really look forward to spending many special times together...no matter where you go, never forget where you are from and go with all of your heart.

I've pulled out some of my favorite company stamps for this - Lawn Fawn.
I've colored with my Copics.  For the road, there wasn't any dies at the time, so I created my own by cutting out a "winding road" and sponging with ink.  I took a marker to make the dotted lines in the middle.  I just attached the car and camper to the road.

The sky was ink blended and I've used a couple of different green colored card stock to cut the hills out with.  I fussy cut all of the images on these as I thought it looked better with the scene.
(I have saved this card so that I can give it to hubby on his retirement day....I might be putting a little something extra special inside of it too!)  :)

I hope you've enjoyed the journey with me this month as I focused on where I live.
Be sure to stop by again next Friday when I share a new theme with you!

**P.S.  Don't forget to join us over at Splitcoaststampers for the
"DARE TO GET DIRTY" CHALLENGES
Starting TOMORROW July 29 - August 4!!
You must be a Fan Club member to join - CLICK HERE for information on joining!
I hope to see you there in the galleries!!**

Have a wonderful weekend!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


18 comments:

Sarah said...

I have loved getting a little insight to where you live and both these cards share lovely stories, so much so I can almost see the town in my mind's eye. When my Sis and I were younger Mum and DAD had a static caravan down by the sea where we spent every weekend and holidays during the summer so you and I have something in common!! That you have saved this card for Hubby made me smile xx

Margreet said...

Love your memory lane, Vicki....very original! Have you ever travelled to Europe?
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

No Margreet, I haven't traveled outside the U.S. unfortunately! Maybe someday soon when hubby retires we will be able to that! :)

Linda Simpson said...

These are wonderful Vicki! I hope you do get to travel outside the US once hubby is retired.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi Stamps said...

I like both cards, but the use of the map in the first one is really clever! TFS!

Fiki said...

both cards are awesome!
love them!
lots of hugs

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome cards Vicki! I love how you used the map on the first card and I love the camper on the second card! I love the whole This Land is My Land theme!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love these both.

Donna said...

Fabulous designs and insight into your home Vicki. Have a great weekend.

Pollard Carole said...

These are great just loving both these amazing designs love and hugs Carole x

Patti J said...

These are SO much fun, Vicki! I totally love the map card - may have to 'CASE' that one some day! Hope you get to travel outside the country sometime - it's a lot of fun to see the way others live! Hugs...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply adore both cards. The one using the map is clever. I adore how you added the houses. I really like the camper, too. Both are adorable cards.

Donna Ellis said...

such happy cards using the die cuts, Vicki! You always have incredibly arranged scenes on your cards that tell a happy story. I especially like the first card - have never seen anything like it with the meandering road heading straight to the middle area, and lots of houses on either side! GREAT use of the map. Both cards are sweet. Wishing you a week of pure delight! hugs, de

Pia S said...

What a clever way to incorporate a map into a card design! A great idea for a new home card. I also love the look of your second card, it's got that feeling of past times with fond childhood memories.

Jerrie said...

Vicki, these cards are fantastic! Love the scenery you created and the happy camping theme~

crafty-stamper said...

Love your "my world" cards and brilliant follow your dreams card
carol x

Tammy said...

Cute, Cute cards Vicki! I love how you added the map to the first card and what an adorable scene on your second card, so fun!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

What a brilliant idea to split the map and put a road through it leading to your home! I love this card, and love the traveling card too! Oh how I miss camping when the kids were little!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...