"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pet Sympathy for fellow Doxie Owner

Hello friends!
I think time is really "flying by" now that I'm on a roll in my stamp room!  I have been so busy crafting "behind the scenes" and I look forward to sharing it with you soon!

I had to stop and create something for someone that recently had to put down their 15 yr. old dauchshund family member.  I know these cards can be difficult to make, but I do like to try and stamp a "likeness" of their beloved pet if I possibly can, so here's what I've come up:
 The family had a long-haired black and white standard doxie and of course since she was older, she had some gray hair as well.  I only saw a couple of photos of her, but I remembered what she looked like.  So I took a Newton's Nook stamp set called Delightful Doxies and stamped and colored the image with my Copic markers.  I used a gold gel pen to color the collar tag and a white gel pen for a highlight on the cheek.  I stamped a few hearts which was also in the stamp set and colored those in red with my Copics.

For the background, I took a SU! hearts embossing folder for the background to match the other hearts on the layout.  I mounted it over a piece of A2 sized black card base.

The sentiment at the top comes from an older SU! stamp set which also has a great sentiment for pet sympathy type of cards.  I stamped that on the inside of the card.

The top photo really doesn't show all of the gold shine coming from the card stock or what's on it, so I tilted the card at an angle so you can see the details better:
Here you can better see the gold shine on the banner which I've cut that along with the black with white hearts banner with a die cut.  I took a paw print from a really old stamp set that I had in my stash and inked it up with black Staz On ink to stamp it on the slick surface of the gold foil banner.

You can also see the gold shine coming from the tag on the collar.
I actually made this card last week before I got sick and am just now able to post this.  I was following along with a sketch for a challenge, but I'm not sure if it's still open, so I will list it below if I've made the deadline! ~ nope...didn't make it! boo!

Thank you so much for dropping in today!
I hope you have a beautiful day and I'll be back soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

2.  Penny's Paper - Anything Goes

3.  Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday - Anything Goes

4.  Tuesday Throwdown - Black, White + One Other Color

21 comments:

Kim said...

This is adorable. It is hard to lose a beloved fur baby.

Margreet said...

How thoughtful of you Vicki...it is a beautiful dachshund and a fab card!
xxx Margreet

Christine said...

What a sweet little dachshund! Doxies are my favorite dogs, and I have such special memories of those I grew up with. Your card is precious, and you are so thoughtful to share comfort with a friend that way.Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I am sure this thoughtful card was well received Vicki. Love that this image resembles their dear doggie xx

Carol L said...

I can relate to losing a life-long pet and I'm a former dachshund owner myself. This will help heal a broken heart I'm sure with the sweet image of a doxie and the little paw print in gold. It's such a thoughtful card for a sad occasion.

Fiki said...

its adorable card!
love it!
hugs

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So beautiful. Love the details and stamps used. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown Blog. Happy Crafting!

Donna said...

This is a darling card, sweet image and design, I'm sure it will be appreciated. I hope you are feeling better Vicki.

Patti said...

What a sweet card and such a loving gesture to send them something that will be more than a comfort - it will be a keepsake!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Heidi Stamps said...

Aw, what a sad occasion, but your card is very very sweet and well done!

Debra K. said...

A lovely card for such a sad occasion. I can't bring myself to make sympathy cards especially for the loss of fur babies, I always buy mine. Debra x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the sweet puppy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pollard Carole said...

This is just perfect such a brilliant idea Love and hugs Carolex

CHRISTINA HOR said...

So sorry to hear about the family's pet Vicki. But what a sweet card you have made for them and I'm sure the family will treasured it close to their heart.
The image is beautifully done and I love the touch of gold gel pen on the collar. Blessings to you and wishing you a lovely day. Hugs.

Patti J said...

What a nice thing to do. I know that they appreciated your concern and comforting creation. You are so kind! The card is beautiful, my friend! Thanks for sharing!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How sweet of you. I'm sure the recipient was touched by your caring card. I know I would have been. It is so thoughtful of you to create this lovingly creative card.

MiamiKel said...

Aw, you are a sweetheart to think of your friend in a time of deep sadness, no doubt. It's never easy to see our fur babies cross the rainbow bridge -but I'm sure your card will bring a little comfort and happiness. Lovely card, my friend!

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuutee
love this dog Image and love the sentiment too
and the hearts
sweeet and beautiful plus cute card Vicki
hugs
Monika

Lori Kobular said...

How sweet is that Doxie! How sad for the his owner! I hate making these cards too, but we have to honor our wonderful fur babies! This card will surely bring your friend some comfort!

Pia S said...

How sweet. It's really hard to loose a pet and I'm sure the card will be much appreciated.

Jerrie said...

So sad you had to make a card for the friend of the family. I love that you added t he paw print to the gold banner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...